Boosting communities still operational

This shouldn’t exactly be news.

There’s too much money in these things for them to disappear.

I think that Blizz did a pretty reasonable job of cracking down on them, though.

Imagine paying others to play the game for you, how bad do you have to be to buy achievements you truly didn’t earn, boss kills or wear loot.

That’s my attitude. I couldn’t feel good about it if I hadn’t done it myself. Join the guild, get a good reputation, grind the game…

It’s actually alarming how much I see this now. “How do I make gold?”. “Buy a token”.

WTB 15 clear 150k per. etc etc.

24 hour spam on selling boosts from “individuals” with guild name “Stop Guild Invites”.

It’s a complete joke. Hard to avoid too.

I thought that the problem or complaint of the players was related to the spam in trade (I feel that it was easier to create another channel for the boost spam) since we have to be honest, there are times that they use the trade channel in the wrong way, such as example “Talks that are nothing regarding the sale of some item within the game such as profession items for example”, “Spam of nonsense like {[Removed] Rejuvenation} among other things” and “Promote guilds”. I don’t know, I don’t know what the player really wants because sometimes he can be hypocritical… don’t take it the wrong way, I’m not saying that all of them but only those players who don’t meet the rules of said channel (I try to report them now that’s what they supposedly do with those who boost in their respective realms like mine ragnaros)

I’ve felt the impact of boosting in classic way worse than in retail. I’d like for both versions to have boosting chat/LFG channels added so for god’s sake the poor peasants trying to level with people in their bracket can make groups without being drowned out by ":star: WTS :star: :skull: SM BOOST :skull: :blue_square: CAN AFK AT ENT 25000000+ XP FFA LOOT :blue_square: "

And they are organized in TBC, I get a nice lil advertisement in my mailbox every couple weeks for gold selling sites

It isn’t hard to avoid rofl, turn off trade chat u clown.

Imagine justifying bad behavior by turning off the only chat channel anyone uses in a city.

Who’s a clown again? You bozo.

1 Like

Nobody uses it for anything boosting anymore and the occasional guild recruitment. So once again you are a clown.

I read that with the Russian economic collapse that many more than usual are selling carries for RMT to make ends meet, and using VPNs to get around the embargo.

-I hate RMT, even slightly more than direct Blizzard RMT.
-But, maybe in this case it’s morally grey. (actually morally grey, not Sylvanas morally grey)

People do use it for more than that and since I am actually on your server, I would know that. You Bozo Klumus bozo clown.

says the guy hiding behind a level 41 monk.

This is my bank character. Do a dance for me clown. DO A DANCE!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

We do see often some posts from level 1 chickens in the chat, I do report and I never see them again (and I get a confirmation message that action has been taken).

On Mal’Ganis I can see only few guilds selling boosts /carry on SoFO and some rio+ players selling direclty M+ carry.

Other than that… in game they are dead.

Of course, it doesn’t mean that their active discord is dead. They can still do that and use local guilds as escrows just like OP said.

I think blizzard isn’t going to act on them because you can’t actually report them easily just like we can with the lowbie characters that also serve as escrows.

Well as communities are a built in feature of the game I’m telling you they didn’t and escrow is also not against tos. Again if you bothered to read the blue post the only thing they said was no more advertising. Devils in the details

From: Policy Update for Organized In-Game Services -- January 2022

“As the conditions change by which various entities operate in World of Warcraft, we are compelled to update our policies to further our goal of making the gameplay experience as fair and welcoming as possible. Since we last updated our policies, we have found that an increasing disturbance of the gameplay experience has been caused by organizations excessively advertising various non-traditional services in-game.

As of today, we will now prohibit organizations who offer boosting, matchmaking, escrow, or other non-traditional services, including those offered for gold. World of Warcraft accounts found to be in violation of this policy are subject to account actions. These actions can include warnings, account suspensions and, if necessary, permanent closure of the disruptive World of Warcraft account(s). Organizations operating across multiple realms and excessively advertising non-traditional in-game sales are contrary to the terms and conditions of the Blizzard End-User License Agreement (EULA).

This policy update does not restrict individuals or guilds from using the provided in-game tools (“trade channel” chat) to buy or sell in-game items or activities for in-game currency. However, “boosting communities”, especially those who operate across multiple realms, are no longer permitted.

We urge all such organizations to cease doing business in World of Warcraft immediately, in order to maintain uninterrupted access to the game.”

Now Cítywók, can please repeat to the rest of the class what is said in the second paragraph, first sentence?

See dozens of listings every day in LFG, with the same headers usually. And the small text sends you to their website so you can get your payment to them. It’s literally against the rules they made but the same people are doing it every day.

I can’t help but feel that boosting, carries, and just about anything else where players shortcut their own gameplay experiences by spending in game gold has always been a common part of the MMO experience in every MMO I have ever played.

I’m pretty sure this wouldn’t be the issue it is today if it wasn’t for WoW tokens essentially making this content surpassable with real money in a way that totally screws the in game economy.

Boosting is fine and should be allowed cross server and such, they just need separate channels for it so it doesn’t spam the normal channels. This way buyers and sellers can opt into such a channel if they want to do this.

Heck Blizzard could even take the extra steps to protect both buyers and sellers by making contracts that can be put on the AH. This would ensure everyone gets a safe and secure boost transaction.

So the solution to a situation/behavior is to just belly up and let it do what it wants?