Boosting communities still operational

Players have been boosting since Vanilla and the Blizzard president was recently selling boosts.

I am finding a distinct lack of reference to the wowtoken in patch 1.1, can you point that out to me?

Not sure what you are getting at? WoW token gold boosts are bad but in game farmed gold boosts are good?

People were buying boosts in Vanilla so you tell me where that gold came from.

Good. Shouldn’t have banned them to appease the whiny anti-boosters anyway.

PvE boosting hurts nobody. If you think it does, you are just wrong. It’s not why you can’t time +10 keys. It’s not why your raid leader benched you. It’s not why you have no gold. Your world 10000 guild could not compete with the top 10 even with the escrow provided by boosting.

If you get comfortable with those facts, it becomes really easy to think of boost sellers as nothing but a good way to filter out all the racism and bigotry that fills trade chat otherwise.

PvP boosting should be completely outlawed though IMO. I don’t even PvP at all but I can see why boosting is a problem in that environment.

My Druid on stormrage said I hate ardenweald and I got a full blown essay as to why it’s a best zone.

1 Like

The few times I have bothered to pay attention to trade on Stormwind, it’s been politics, outfit/tmog spam, (a word)(achievement)= lame joke that should have died long ago spam, more socio-political trolling 

I highly suspect that at least some of the folks crying about trade chat being taken over by booster spam, are the same ones who sit all day in trade chat, trolling people, because they have nothing better to do.

I don’t boost and boosting isn’t an issue.

Only bad players complain about boosting.

Because it has a mount tied to it and I collect mounts. It will always be totally unfair that people want stuff like this gate kept because you feel it’s unearned. I earned the gold, I can and should be able to do what I want with it.

1 Like

That or half the time they’re too salty that they cant clear the content themselves or afford to buy a boost, which leads to them manifesting their misery on others.

1 Like

Yep.

IF player x sucks
no gear fixes that. Now if they carried to some gear and are good
well then they were apparently good. and it was gear that was getting them passed over.

that is a player issue. Coming from eve, we look at the player not their ship(s) and gear. A rock solid player is rock solid in Everything! ( I can’t post the gul’dan meme
I get forum vacations from time to time lol). put them in a crap fit ship
they can make it work.

Its actually the basis to what we call low skill point alt baiting. At some point people will look your profile before engaging. Oh its a 12 year vet
not doing this. Dude is probably implants, combat drugs, etc. which to be fair
we usually are.

so
you make new alts. and they jump them. the alt
flown by you with 12 years experience. And you gank the ganker. Since in a few months of training skills
that alt can fly basically the same ship as the 12 year vet. its the player not the ship basically.

wow
does it the other way. Ah they have the gear
they must be good. Not necessarily. RNG just liked them on a run or 2. and there is the good player with legit skill
who fails the gear check. RNG just hates them.

Case of guild folk
this is just poorly veiled envy, imo. they with handpicked crews
are still hammering away the complete set.

and there is the carry crew. So
how much dead weight can we take? they test
okay we can take 4 deadweights
errr customers. And thus they do runs knowing from second 1 of the boss fight
4 people are useless.

they will probably just ban all the boosters that take part as in the guild. they are using ghost accounts to spam that they dont care if it gets banned