Boosting communities still operational

as long as someone is buying, people will find a way to sell.

Wait till we get ML back. YOu will have that face pretty much full time.

GDKP, HR runs
there is not enough popcorn in the world for those threads to come.

as neither of these are technically carries/boosts
I can’t wait for how they rant on that one. its not low gears/skills skipping the system.

Quite the opposite. its skilled players going screw this rng crap. 200 buy in for the gear I want
I can play that game. and that is tbcc rates. There is way more gold in retail. Waaaaaaaaaay more.

1 Like

Doesn’t work like that.

Blizz broke down the Gallywix community who was selling millions of gold.

I don’t care about the rest of the world. I care about the game that I play.

I wish they didn’t kill cross server gold boosting. I just want to buy my aotc run and be done with it since I have no true time to dedicate to stuff like that. Just sucks.

You are still allowed to buy and sell boosts just like you have always been. Just not allowed to do it as part of a community. Ad there are no exploits, account pilots, win trading or outside transactions, and you are not doing it as part of a community, then the entire thing is fine and allowed.

“Boosting isn’t bad, I like to be boosted!”
VS
“Boosting drives RMT and ultimately drives players away from the game”

/sigh

1 Like

Blizzard Is setting a precedent of not enforcing and even ignoring flagrants infractions to either Codes of Conduct and TOS
 Sure this can be used against them in a lawsuit AND sure they innaction Is giving them all the evidencie that Blizzard don’t care about they own products
 Just DOTA all over again

They ĂĄre playing with fire and they ĂĄre also the Burner, log and firefighter

They didn’t ban boosting communities though. Just the ability to advertise then cross realm. This is Multi box situation all over again people don’t understand that they didn’t make it a bannable offense only limited it’s use.

1 Like

lol you’re probably right, gonna need a lot of popcorn to go with the salt. Or maybe I’ll switch it up and enjoy a hot cup of REEE tea. :coffee:

The fact boosting communities are live and well isn’t shocking
 if you do any end game content or ever read chat it’s there every day. It never stopped. There’s still groups selling carries for real money. I’ve reported them and the exact same guy is always in Org same character I have reported and everything. The problems will never be resolved until Blizz follows through and enforces rules.

GPK runs/auctions would make people explode after all the leggo price entitlement.

Yeah, they even spam social media nowadays lol. Click on anything wow related, and you will start seeing that crap on the newsfeed :nerd_face:

They did hence the usage of the word, organization. Blizzard allows guilds to operate as boosting vectors hence the usage of the word, guild.

And besides what function would a boosting community only operating on 1 server provide besides utilizing escrow? Which is also banned.

If you don’t have the time then why do you even care if you get aotc? I don’t understand buying unearned game stuff.

Back when I did progression raiding, I enjoyed those but now? Since I do not want to subject myself to some 14 year old snot nose bragging about their dps I don’t do guilds anymore, because people.

I think there are ‘sanctioned’ sellers, friends and family, former employees, those interns have to choose between rent or food.

Bottom line is actiblizz is about to go poof. I doubt very few left are optimistic about the buyout.

It is because since the WoW token exists, boosting is a form of P2W or in the best of cases P2F since you can use real money to buy gold and use that to pays for boosting. This is already a E2P and P2P game, so it’s frustrating that it’s also P2W/P2F.

There is a mount from AOTC that will be unobtainable once the season is over. Some people don’t have the time/skill etc to dedicate to raiding but want the mount, that’s all there is to it.

I am currently still working on my AOTC, and the only reason I’m raiding at all is for the mount. I could care less about the achievement itself. If I don’t have it for some reason near the last week it’s available I will absolutely be looking for a guild to toss some gold at. I made plenty this expac through crafting. They get some gold to help their guild, I get the mount. Win Win

There’s nothing wrong with that. I can not fault you for finding fun in mount collecting, I was there once when the sandstone drake came out, I was the first alliance on my server to get one, 30k gold! I farmed my butt off for that, so I understand mount lust

I guess it’s a case of whatever floats your boat.

1 Like

you cant stop things like that.
i wish we could get rid of it but i don’t believe it’s possible.

when ppl really want something they find a way to get it.

remember when they tried to ban alcohol?

Booosting itself is not bad

The WoW token itself is not bad.

It is the P2W/P2F aspect that is generated when both are put together the problem and the reason for the complaints.

This is my understanding

Blizzard sells Gold through the token, and “level boosts” to take a character on your account to level 60. In doing this, it’s all software/data base. No one logs into your account and does it for you. You do not give out your account info to anyone. No rule is broken.

Things that a Boosting community cannot sell you. Gold. That’s a No No. Also, Leveling. They cannot log into your account and level your character for you.

Most of the references to boosting are carries. They take you (with you logged into your character) on Raid XYZ to get “item” or “Achievement”. This is ok as long as it’s a local guild on your server and not an organized boosting company. No one logs into your account for you. You are present.

Here is Blizzard quote:

As of today, we will now prohibit organizations who offer boosting, matchmaking, escrow, or other non-traditional services, including those offered for gold. World of Warcraft accounts found to be in violation of this policy are subject to account actions. These actions can include warnings, account suspensions and, if necessary, permanent closure of the disruptive World of Warcraft account(s). Organizations operating across multiple realms and excessively advertising non-traditional in-game sales are contrary to the terms and conditions of the Blizzard End-User License Agreement (EULA).

This policy update does not restrict individuals or guilds from using the provided in-game tools (“trade channel” chat) to buy or sell in-game items or activities for in-game currency. However, “boosting communities”, especially those who operate across multiple realms, are no longer permitted.