Body type instead of gender, mean bearded lady?

Your point? Are you trying to argue gender identity of humans based off gender identity of a damn dragon?

1 Like

yes, on twitter.

The change in general has no meaning or value.

If they gave female gnomes beards they’d be tripping all over em lol.

2 Likes

Female: Sindragosa

Male: Victor Nefarius/Nefarian

Female: Chromie/Chronormu

2 Likes

Link to the tweet please? I don’t use Twitter.

Good thing you dont. Its a cesspool for idiocracy and bad ideas. Hence why we have this stupid change to male/female characters.

3 Likes

omg im gonna make a fat kul tiran body type 2 with the biggest neck beard I can find

1 Like

100% this. The number of people who think they are going to be able to make a female dwarf (sorry body type 2) and give her a beard is amusing. Don’t get me wrong, I think it would be awesome to be able to make a bearded female dwarf, or give my characters some of the hairstyles that the other sex has - but that’s not the option. It’s literally a header replacing the symbols for male or female.

2 Likes

They were linked in an OP of another ongoing thread about the same topic. I don’t use Twitter either.

Damn, maybe Wowhead will make an article about it.

I don’t think it matters either way. It shouldn’t really surprise people, Blizzard has openly made statements that they want to improve inclusivity, though this is kind of a strange way to go about doing it.

1 Like

Sure, but official statements vary depending on who makes it. Like a mention from Ion or Brian will hold more weight than a relatively small-name developer.

I don’t understand why you would want to make a bearded lady - is that associated with some group?

This is true, but because of all the scandals, this is the direction they’re going in. For better or for worse, and I’m assuming for the worse.

We’ll see. It could be reverted after all.

Maybe, it is a bit of a PR issue when they already have PR issues. But, reverting something which is viewed as progressive, will just create more problems at this point.

I really don’t understand why they need to be ‘inclusive’ in a game that already lets people pick the gender of the character they want to play. You are sort of stuck with the body you get when you are born and that is why there was a need for some people to want to change their genders and hence the pronouns, but why in a game where you can literally pick what you want in the first place.

1 Like

As someone said in another thread: it is a can of worms to which Blizzard may not realize the extent of what they have just opened.

It’s partly pandering, and partly to put out the fires they have with their PR issues. What they should have done is… nothing. Do nothing, and create a good product. They can then say what ever you want on Twitter, and let the game speak for itself. These changes don’t need to be made because they don’t mean anything.

Which I disagreed with, but they’re probably right.

• X – Roughly 1 in 2,000 to 1 in 5,000 people (Turner’s )
  • XX – Most common form of female
  • XXY – Roughly 1 in 500 to 1 in 1,000 people (Klinefelter)
  • XY – Most common form of male
  • XYY – Roughly 1 out of 1,000 people
  • XXXY – Roughly 1 in 18,000 to 1 in 50,000 births

Reminder that, while those numbers seem rare, there are 8,000,000,000+ people on the planet.