Body type instead of gender, mean bearded lady?

How does this work? If I pick a more “female” body, can I then use the “male” customizations to make a bearded lady?

Because at the end of the day, if the customization is the same that a female looks like a woman, and that the male body looks like a man in the end, why rename them to body type 1 or 2 if they are still associated with all the other gender like qualities?

54 Likes

Why does it matter?

21 Likes

Yeah, I’m pretty sure the devs didn’t fully anticipate the size of the can of worms they were opening up with this change.

73 Likes

It’s only a can of worms if you’re upset about things that don’t actually harm you

41 Likes

Because making easily offended Twitter-goers happy is more important than common sense.

131 Likes

If I didn’t shave daily, I would have a beard as a lady. If you want to make your lady bearded, go for it!

18 Likes

If you don’t think that this ISN’T going to actually increase the amount of trolling and jabbing people are going to do to each other, publicly and privately, especially if they do something like pronouns in everyones mouse-over tooltips, then you are straight up deluded. Because injecting that into the game is going to harm everyone.

28 Likes

To be fair those same people are either way too bored or awful anyway.

It’s one thing to be upset about something that negatively impacts you. It’s another to be upset about something you absolutely don’t even have to use.

And that’s really what it is. Those people can be upset because it’s silly

Because making the easily offended twitter-goers happy also makes the easily offended forum users unhappy because they cant use common sense to figure out the change doesnt affect them

14 Likes

For me, the change isn’t earth-shattering. Merely eye-rolling, as long as it stays at its current point, limited to the customization/barber shop screens.

But if they put pronouns on tooltips, or some other way of making sure everyone can see everyones pronouns all the time without needing a silly addon to block it, or making you declare your pronouns to create your character, or something else like that, then that, in my aged opinion, is too invasive and far more divisive than just not doing anything to begin with and leaving things as is on live.

46 Likes

Agree 1000%!

2 Likes

For real, these folks are so easily triggered.

6 Likes

If you point a finger make sure that the other four are not pointing right at you

10 Likes

I lost all but one of my fingers in a terrible industrial accident. Please don’t be ableist.

13 Likes

Yes, apparently being forced to read someones prefered pronouns is now “divisive”

The horror, lol. How will these easily offended people ever survive the pain reading pronouns will inflict

7 Likes

Sure, if you’re illiterate.

8 Likes

The pronouns thing can open up a can of worms for harassment and I don’t think it should be on the tooltip.

I want to mark all my vulperas as they / them simply because I still multibox and just having them referred to as a group.

2 Likes

And that’s fair. I wouldn’t completely disagree and say that it isnt pandering.

But you have to ask yourself what harm does it do

Someone sees the tooltip then actively whispers them to harass them. Someone sees a feminine character with a he tooltip etc. It can cause issues.

Like if it was client side w/e nbd but I fear for the people using it to express themselves.

I already considered that. The current change, no one but the player creating thier character will see anything. Doesn’t actually harm any one.

But this is potential incrementalism, opening the door for more and more little steps, up to and including what I mentioned with the tooltips. And that is going to cause all kinds of problems for people in game. Harassment is putting it lightly.

Don’t tell me you trust Blizzard to make reasoned, considerate and thoughtful decisions when it comes to changes they make in the game.

4 Likes