Body type instead of gender, mean bearded lady?

Given what I have heard about Twitter and some of what goes on there…

/salute (I tend to take bans from there as a badge of pride for some people).

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s not a public town square for people to discuss anything.

It’s simply a bubble of anger and irrationality.

Being banned usually means you were correct. Or a jerk. But usually correct.

4 Likes

Tis why I tend to stay away from most Social Media places. Discord, PSN (For some PSN friends of mine), Whatsapp and the WoW forums on occasion are pretty much where I tend to stay.

1 Like

I only see one group easily offended by some text changes in a game and it’s you babe.

3 Likes

Then you are wise beyond your years. My ridiculous need to be dialed into all the goings-on keeps me there, against my own sense of self preservation.

1 Like

The guy who’s in charge of these lifesaving changes, said that your pronouns will affect quest givers.

1 Like

So, he himself is a group? Hmmm

What we don’t know is how these options would be used though, as there doesn’t appear to be any place to actually select this customization, and neither gender nor pronouns have ever been referenced in any player UI element. While clearly a matter of personalization, it’s an interesting inclusion, as historically, the use of pronouns in reference to players is generally avoided by the game - even when it comes to NPCs and quest dialogue, player characters are most often addressed either directly or through some kind of expansion-specific honorific (Champion in Battle for Azeroth, Maw Walker in Shadowlands, along with the occasional Hero or other generic term) rather than direct pronouns. This could also be considered impersonal though, so a change might not be entirely unwarranted.

Eh, I would not say wise really. I just got tired of seeing drama especially when some people had a disagreement but were just having a honest conversation. I have friends who have opposite views of my own and even though we disagree we still respect each other and would never force any view onto each other.

I enjoy seeing other peoples perspective, just not when they are trying to force it down my through, at that point I just walk away and wish them good day.

Oh? In what capacity? Like just in quest text, or something else?

edit: nm, I see. If it ends up just being quest text that only the player sees, then it’s whatever. Headcannon. No one else has to participate. Doesn’t really bother me. I’m tired of being called ‘cham-pyun’ or ‘maw walker’ all the time anyways.

If it goes beyond that, well… we shall see how far they take this.

1 Like

What you’ll be left with is twitter with avatars, lol.

1 Like

Like the terms “male” and “female” were harming people?

Maybe “masculine” and “feminine” would be acceptable.

9 Likes

The beauty of this is… You can still use those terms.

So keep that in your back pocket because nothing for you has changed

2 Likes

Ut ohhh, no room for logic here

1 Like

He didnt explain further.

Not really, but okay.

He replied to one person asking, and said quest givers. Did not explain further.

This game is becoming the type of game you wouldn’t want your children or nephews/nieces to play.

: /

9 Likes

And why is that?

1 Like

Dont you mean, Baby Type 1 and Baby Type 2?

7 Likes