Bobby Kotick is here to stay: remains on Acitivison Blizzard's Board

Yachts are expensive. Gotta get that green from the addicted cash cows in anyway possible.

He really needs to go. He is only in it for the money, he doesnt even like gaming. He just wants a position that pays a lot. Sucks he is still here.

1 Like

Person on the left is Clark. Person on the right is basically everyone else on this forum.

This is terrible news. He should be fired. He is a pervert and terrible for the gaming industry with his terrible push for monetization over everything

4 Likes

So ? Maybe I should use the same amount of effort that you’re using concerning this in order to have you removed from your employment. How does this even affect you , in a tangible way, in your personal life ? Perhaps it’s a subconscious loathing that others’ make more many than you will, and that should never even happen because of my equity.

If you make accusations without presenting specifics or details, then the accusations become meaningless dribble, just saying. It’s also shows a lot of your personal temperament by posting upon a low level throw away character.

Sad, especially since he said he was willing to resign if he couldn’t fix the culture problems, and he didn’t even get rid of the CEO that was aware of the harassment that was going on!

you don’t work for Blizzard. it doesn’t impact you.

Dont put that demons face on here.

Of course he is in it for the money. That’s what CEOs are for. Him making a ton of money means the shareholders also made a ton of money. I doubt many shareholders/CEOs out there give a pig’s fart about whatever product the company they are affiliated with produces. It’s not a requisite for the job, never has been.

This is why I rarely pick up AAA titles nowadays. They’re largely just… not worth it. They’re a minimum viable product meant to be pushed to as many people as possible. Fast food entertainment. They’ll fill you up for a bit, but they’re neither healthy nor satisfying.

I largely just go for mid-sized studio games now that really put gameplay first.

I mean, on one hand, CEOs were always about the money.

On the other, it’s the mba-type takeover of every other industry in the United States that has rapidly devolved everything from healthcare to gaming, pushing to squeeze the absolute most money possible from every single aspect of life. They’re repulsive examples of the worst humanity has to offer.

2 Likes

Yeah. It seems that everybody is try to msoe money now. I miss websites like Newgrounds where small/amatuer developers would post small games for free…

The games haven’t really changed on mobile, developers have just added the “feature” of letting you watch an ad every 5 seconds while playing

What accusations? Him being a pervert? That’s well documented. Him forcing terrible monetization? That’s also well documented. I’m not your personal google. You can search it up and find tons of information of him.

I post on a low level character because I can. Don’t be a weirdo.

2 Likes

I thought I read this a while back though.

I guess it’s still not too clear. Obviously he will remain CEO for now, but I thought I had read that part of the deal was he would be transitioning out once the buyout was complete.

You have to read the whole article, not just the headline. He is expected to leave, but nothing has been finalized other than them revisiting it next month.

Yeah I read that, but I remember another article somewhere that specifically stated that he was going to be leaving after the transition, which was expected to last many months to a year after the buyout.

Edit: I meant to add, I couldn’t find it now though. :woman_shrugging:

He wasn’t going to be gone for about 14 months, anyway.

I dunno, MS hasn’t officially said they will make him step down, and all he said is that if the issues couldn’t be fixed then he would step down, but they announced the investigation turned up zero evidence of system abuse. Granted, that is crap because they investigated themselves… just more mean he can use that as “Well we proved nothing bad was happening so I guess I don’t have to step down!”

Mind you, I do think he will be gone when/if the acquisition finalizes… only pointing out that nothing has been, to my knowledge, officially stated other than them agreeing to vote on it again 6 months after the deal was initiated (which is sometime next month).

1 Like

I know which you’re talking about, i remember also reading that

1 Like