Bobby Kotick is here to stay: remains on Acitivison Blizzard's Board

You mean something that happened 16 years ago and was settled 16 years ago? Yeah, it would need to be something that happened recently, and probably needs to be more than a “I’m going to kill you” voice mail that could be taken as a joke.

Hell yea, Bobby. Give a finger to the haters! Show them who’s boss!

I read both articles. This is still only how Blizzard Activision is dealing with things and they are unsure how Microsoft will handle things when they have the power. :roll_eyes: It isn’t anything that we didn’t already know.

1 Like

MAU’s are down across all games. Earnings are down. DI is not earning massive amounts of money. I’d say his performance has caught up with him.

Not a big fan of Kotaku, but i share their “ew” sentiments. If he’ll survive the Microsoft takeover is a whole other matter.

1 Like

So no point in returning for Dragonflight then?

1 Like

Bobby needs his chedda. Fuel is expensive for those yacht(s) now I reckon’

I wish I had his money. I’d give most away. Money doesn’t buy happiness.

1 Like

The only Indie gamers are on Steam and Mobile. However, even they are looking for a hit so that a big company or deep pocket investor can buy them for a few billion dollars.

The eighties and nineties were a long time ago. Since then everyone has made games to make money.

3 Likes

MAUs are down, but they are hiding that via external income. DI made $24 mil. Which is going to help show a huge increase for Q2 as will DF pre-purchases. Eventually it will catch up, but by then Microsoft will be in charge and it won’t matter then.

1 Like

After the merger will Activision even have a board of directors?

IIUC as a division under Microsoft there wont even be Activison shares and therefore no shareholder appointed board of directors.

There’s nothing any of us can really do about it except vote with our wallets. Someone else will take his place and I really don’t care.

They have lawyers and representatives to solve the issues. I look past people and look at the game, always have.

I only judge the game. No one is forcing me to play. I don’t act differently because of the devs. They provide an opportunity for entertainment and I either respect their decisions or walk away. This is their turf, I’m a nobody and a guest. Also, if it’s not fun, I stop. This is my freedom as a guest. Odds are millions are loving the game/s and couldn’t tell you who the bosses are. They come and go faster than you can blink.

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

1 Like

With DI, OW2, and DF, either out or releasing later this year, I’m guessing MAUs are going to be way up in the 4th quarter 2022.

EDIT
Forgot Classic WotLK.

1 Like

Exactly, they are focused on trying to kick that can as far as possible before Microsoft takes over. :woman_shrugging:

Unfortunately, expected.

Good he never did anything wrong

Some facts to put this in prospective -

• There is a shareholder meeting every year where several proposals go out for the shareholders to vote on.
  • There is a vote every year as to who the board members should be including who should be the Chairperson.
  • ~ 89.37% of Activision Blizzards shares are owned by institutional investors who would have their own shareholders to keep happy. These are investment firms , private retirement fund managers , private banks and financial institutions and the like. There’s about 2,173 of them
  • This means that even by some miracle you were to convince every single one of their individual shareholders you’ll still only have ~10% of the vote. You could try convincing Warren Buffet given his investment firm has ~8% of the vote but even then you would only have 18% of the vote
  • The merger agreement between Microsoft and Activision Blizzard states that “on or after July 18, 2022 (the date six months following the execution of the merger agreement), the Activision Blizzard Board of Directors may extend Mr. Kotick’s employment agreement by 12 months.”
  • So Bobby may not be going anywhere for a while. We’ll know for certain around July 18th this year

A link to the merger agreement - Refer page 62 under heading “Potential Contractual Payments to Executive Officers upon Termination of Employment”

2 Likes

Of course,he’ll get more if he leaves than he stays plus one year I think we can stand more drama .

Wow, imagine my shock!

I think he loves his colon. So, no.