Bobby Kotick is here to stay: remains on Acitivison Blizzard's Board

And it is totally possible I’m misremembering, my memory isn’t what it used to be. :joy: :wink:

Ok, so maybe I’m not losing my mind! :heart:

1 Like

I feel ya… getting a little long in the tooth myself. :wink:

1 Like

And the rich get richer.

He bought the company out of bankruptcy and turned them into a billion dollar revenue machine. No one on the board will ever make him leave.

3 Likes

I be thinkin it maybe be sad for some that Bobby not going anywhere but de reality is, he just de one you be seein.

There always be people like him, some better, some worse that not be in de spotlight, if he be gone then someone like him just take his place and nothin really be changin besides de face and name you see.

We are all running around like rats in bobby’s maze :slight_smile:

Generally, the C-Suite executives are typically pushed out after a transition through a buyout. After Microsoft takes control, it is no longer up to shareholders on whether Activision / Blizzard’s executives stay. It will be up to the Microsoft Board.

1 Like

I find it funny that 535 million voted to keep him. That number is 1.5 times the total population of the United States.

1 vote per share. Some shareholders hold a lot of shares.

1 Like

I’m not surprised that investors want to keep a person making them a lot of money on board.

But whatever.

I’m sure Dragonflight is going to be complete trash so I won’t have any issue quitting this game again.

2 Likes

With this news I must say that I am thrilled to be disappointed and will be making more GD topics to discuss my fury.

logs in

1 Like

Good.

Despite what the vocal minority say, he’s done a really good job as CEO of Activision-Blizzard.

The harassment stuff was a very very small subset of employees which has been taken care of.

1 Like

I, for one, think they deserve another yacht. And my house. Why not my car, too? In fact, have my wife. Have everything I own.

Believe it or not, most companies care far more about money than anything else. :joy:

1 Like

Yep, but i really think companies should exist to just give away the products and services they produce for free. I don’t like paying for things because they should be given to me anyway.

Greedy goblin still in charge. Next expansion rushed out for final cash grab before Microsoft takeover. Sounds about right.

Late term capitalism at it’s finest. Customer satisfaction? What’s that? It’s all about the Benjamins!
Consumers aren’t people. Shut up and keep buying our half baked trash fire while we golf on our super yacht.

:joy:

2 Likes

Because when they sent out the “suggestion” sheet for shareholder votes, they “recommended” that Kotick stay on.

Personally, I vehemently voted against that (as well as against most of their recommendations, because it was all glad-handing bs). But, there are plenty of sheep who have no clue what is going on, and just go with what the writing on the wall tells them to do.

Once the Microsoft deal goes through he’s going to be fired. There won’t be a place for him at the company (Phil Spencer will serve as the CEO of all the developers currently under Activision Blizzard).

From a business perspective, as much as I hate it, it makes sense to keep that muppet on board until the deal is finalized compared to the alternative of firing him, searching months for a replacement, and hiring them only for a few months until the position becomes redundant.

It’s totally over 9000.