Bnet launcher not finding games on computer

bnet launcher is asking me to install all games again. I can find the games and launch them just fine from their folders on my computer. It is wow classic, retail, hearthstone, diablo 3, destiny, heroes of the storm. literally every game i have installed.

Hey, Orlenn!

To the right of the Install button, you should have an icon that will allow you to locate the installation folder. If you press this button, then navigate to the location of the installation, it should resolve the issue.

In the cases I have personally ran across this problem, I pressed the Install button and it automatically located and scanned the folder. It did not install the game again in a different location. So pressing the Install button should have the same effect as using the locate button if it is in the defaulted installation directory.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Battle.net unable to locate game files

I tried locating the folders “retail” and “classic” but when i selected them it said the file wasn’t there. I will try the install button next.

Same issue here. I can launch from the direct executable, but it cannot locate the folder through the launcher. Can you, maybe, check to see why multiple people had the issue at the same time?

If you click the Install button and start the installation, it should recognize that the game is there. From there it might install a small update and let you play.

This is assuming that the default install locations setup in the Game Install/Update section of the Blizzard app settings are set to the same location the games are installed to. If not set properly, you may run into a scenario where the game gets reinstalled into a different folder or into the pre-existing game folder.

As an example, if you have a World of Warcraft folder in C:\Program Files (x86), the default install location should be set to C:\Program Files (x86).

2 Likes

Hi, I’m getting this same issue. While I’ve been able to “locate” my games, ALL of my settings, including addons and general in game UI are lost. This happened 48hrs ago and I thought it a fluke, so I spent 4hrs rebuilding all my settings last night. Now it’s happened again. Why is this happening (so I can prevent recurrence) and how can I get the game to recognize all my old settings (so I don’t have to recreate them all again)?

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Malcvii - locate games option missing