Battle.net unable to locate game files

Earlier tonight I attempted to move my entire WoW folder from my full SSD to my main HD.

I copied everything to the other hard drive and then did a folder-by-folder comparison to make sure everything was there before deleting everything from the SSD.

Now the Battlenet client is unable to find the game files, even when I tell it to search directly in the new folder location.

I’ve verified everything is there and correct, as I can launch directly from the folder and play with no issues but I’m unable to use the Battlenet client at all, as it wants to download the entire game again.

1 Like

Would recommend checking out my post here.

I just made my own post about the same thing before seeing this.
I’m running into the same thing, but can confirm it’s attempting to download all 58 gigs of WoW again, into the same fold. It made a second World of Warcraft subfolder in my World of Warcraft folder.

Is this just a name/formatting issue? Is the client that picky about how many folders deep the install file is located?

I’ll check to make sure I don’t have mismatched folder locations this evening. Thank you

Thunderfury,

Moved you back into your own thread for this one. Go ahead and let the “install” run for about 5 minutes and see if it quickly realizes it already has everything installed, assuming you don’t have a folder mismatch issue as earlier mentioned.

If this doesn’t help, can you give us your full default install path for WoW? Curious to see where it’s trying to install itself.

I do appreciate it.

So the old install path was C:\Program Files (x86).
New path is D:\Program Files.

I also can not get the game locator tool to recognize the files either.

EDIT:
Make sure you attempt the “Install” in the Program Files folder.
I must have had the World of Warcraft subfolder selected.
It HAS repaired itself and is launching from the launcher after about 1 minute installing to the Program File folder.

Thanks so much!

3 Likes

Nice! Glad it works for you and thanks for following up on what you found!

1 Like