BM hunter -- almost too dispirited to write this

There a bunch of facts here:

1. BM is currently (by far) the lowest dps.

2. BM should be close to the top DPS while learning mechanics because of mobility, but it is still the lowest.

3. Mobility becomes less important as time goes on because people understand encounters and non-mobile specs will do more dps.

4. BM scales the worst. At the beginning of a raid tier they should be highest dps relative to other specs, but are the worst.

5. BM is currently represented in the top half of specs brought to mythic.

Of these 5 relevant facts you’re ignoring 4 of them (the ones that are more important) . And the fact you think is important is incomplete because you need to show the trend of representation.

If the trend (%BM hunters) is going down, it’s actually represents Moonuredps’ point that BM is bad.

Even if it’s going up (I doubt it is), you need to look at the totality of all the facts.

For example: They could nerf kill command by 50% and buff cobra shot by 5%. The totality of the change is a nerf even though you could say that BM got a buff.

In the end, we still have a pure DPS class with a spec that’s a hugely negative outlier for DPS… not just “last in dps”. The rest of the “facts” are just the supporting evidence that the spec is completely broken.

5 Likes

No one ignored BM being viable I have said that a lot. Every spec is viable.

Doesnt change the fact we are dead last on every encounter type. Even if it’s new content we are last. BM is trash atm, it brings nothing another dps cant do.

Mobility doesnt do anything stop thinking it’s some holy grail.

2 Likes

I’m really sick and tired of people saying the class is “viable”

Viable and good are completely two different things.

Some of you are actually happy with the spec being complete trash as long as it’s “viable”. What in the hell is wrong with you?

Hunter’s use to theory craft on how to maximize the specs, and toss around ideas of how they could be improved etc.

Now it seems we have people that are just fine to settle for garbage and expect everyone else to be happy with garbage too?

2 Likes

I hear you there. Who wants to just be viable? I want to be the best. Fortunately, despite the data which clearly shows BM is the worst dps, I still perform at or near the top of every raid I’m in. The data tells me that the reason for this is not a positive on my class, but rather a negative on the players of the other classes, but it still makes me happy to be in the top 3 of pretty much every fight =D

Agreed, they need a buff.

Just because they are mobile doesn’t mean they need to be on the top of meters during progression. BM being mobile and dealing with mechanics helps the entire raid (ex. Fire Traps on Jadefire, P1 on Opulence, baiting frogs on Conclave) Gingi on Mythic Jaina was a vital role in the kill for the final phase transition. That is the point of raiding right, the group progressing not someone worried about their epeen on meters?

Completely agree, as the raid tier goes on BM is less relevant on farm content especially. BM has always had the worse scaling. These guilds that need the ilvl to blitz bosses usually are the first to drop someone over their spec being the lowest on warcraft logs. Some guilds don’t understand mechanics over gear all day.

I am not ignoring any of these facts at all. I am pointing out that even though BM is dead last in DPS, if you perform well you will be able to earn a spot in a mythic guild. And yes, you will have to perform harder then your fellow raiders to even have a chance of keeping up. It sucks to get a 95% parse just to see another class green parse and beat you, but at the end of the day you are not going to get kicked from any good guild performing well as BM. You just will never see the top of the meters, but at least you see content.

Now if you honestly think BM’s situation is bad try SV. Right above BM on Warcraft Logs, but is a melee class that brings no unique utility to the raid environment. Melee is already a tight fit for most raid comps. Even then, it just means you have to push even harder to perform as best you can to earn your spot.

I see you never had the luck of playing a spec with core gameplay mechanics being trashed. The most toxic thing in this and any other gaming community is entitlement.

At the end of the day, if you feel hunters can’t compete in mythic, try out another class.

Because none of those mechanics significantly effect our dps. Hardest part of mythic raiding is surviving which means moving and when you don’t completely understand the mechanics, then you screw your rotation meaning that non-mobile casters are not putting out optimal DPS while mobile BM hunters will put out the same DPS as if they’re standing still.

Let’s just say a BM hunter is middle of the pack DPS. If everyone is not performing optimally, then BM will come out on top. That’s why I claim that “BM should be close to the top DPS while learning mechanics because of mobility”

As far as epeen goes: DPS (to a certain degree) is a competition. Why do people care if their favorite football team wins? or wins by a lot. Or how much each player on that team advances the ball if they won?

My goal (and I think most all other DPS) don’t only care about beating the boss. I very much care how I perform… vs other BMs… vs other classes…

It’s not about epeen, it’s about actually enjoying a fair competition… part of it progressing and part of it having a significant effect on your defined roll.

But more-so, you’re saying that if I perform well (only relative to my class) then I won’t get replaced. How come raids don’t bring 7 healers that play really well? Or a 3rd tank that play really well? Because eventually DPS matters. And it matters a lot more than people give it credit for.

Go look at your fact in context of how % of BM hunters are changing in raids and you will see that BM is getting sat.

1 Like

The reason we do stuff is also because we have an immunity. To say we can do mechanics while doing dps is just kind of wrong. Yes I can shoot while I move but the caster who has to stop casting to move still destroys us in damage…so who cares if I can move and he has to stop.

All the other casters are still doing the mechanics but beating us by thousands of dps. Also other classes have immunities that can do that stuff too.

1 Like

I really have no issues staying top 5 of the meters sometimes I pull into first or second.

Pretty much spot on, sadly DPS are all aobut epeen.

1 Like

Your logs are public. Care to amend your statement or are you sticking with it?

4 Likes

Hell I don’t care what you do with it I have fun playing my BM and he does nice dmg. I can always improve.

People keep coming into these threads and claiming they are doing really well with BM. Then, you look at their logs and they are not. You said you are almost always top 5 and sometimes top 2. You’ve never been in that range according to your logs. So, why lie?

5 Likes

I’m talking about in my raid not overall. Besides who cares I have a blast playing BM and learning from my mistakes and improving. You seem like you need attention or a hug!

I agree with you bud this guy just has Issues.

I’m talking about your raid too. Are you aware you have logs that people can look at?

4 Likes

Since you’re gonna complain no matter what just stop talking. BM will get buffed again it happens all the time don’t freak out bc you’re not at the top it always goes in waves get over it.

YES!!! I am aware go look at them some fights I do really well some fights I mess up and die from a mechanic. I got an idea for you since you just wanna analyze me. I look at my DMG meter and I see my name on the list I go oh nice and keep doing what I’m doing 9/10 I do the mechanics perfect and press my buttons perfect we down the boss and I do pretty well sometimes I kill it. Also I screw up just like every player. Just go play another class and top the meters so you will finally shut up.

BM may only get buffed because people are talking about it.

Maybe you should stop talking about it because you think it’s OK.

5 Likes

FoTM is killing WoW. That is why people are leaving in droves, sprinkle in a little bit of how bad BFA has been.

1 Like

The 5 to 10k DPS behind every other spec could have made the kill.

2 Likes