BM hunter -- almost too dispirited to write this

My jaw drops a little more daily when I look for the BM hunter hotfix and it isn’t there – where’s the 15 - 20% buff? I barely log in anymore. As raid day gets closer I actually find myself getting more depressed and filled with dread.

MM should also be performing better. They are just a crap version of warlock right now, with inferior single target, cleave, and aoe.

warcraftlogs(dot com)/zone/statistics/21# – dead last on all bosses by a staggering amount. Disgusting.

10 Likes

The current state of our beloved BM Huntards is akin to the ebb and flow of the tide. Even though Blizz may neuter our class and spec, I will simply advise play the class and have fun.

The best achievement you can accomplish is to master a broken class that Blizzard has emasculated and impress others as to your capabilities.

Best of luck…

4 Likes

Don’t call us huntards. You’re betraying your own kind. You’re the worst kind.

Orange parsing on a hunter and getting beat by green and blue parses is not fun on any level, nor impressive to anyone else. They’re only wishing they had a replacement for you.

15 Likes

on bm parsing purple or blue doesn’t even involve maintaining frenzy stacks. so that’s no a good measure of anything really. I admit that Bm is in a bad spot but MM is perfectly fit for this raid. there are a lot of targets that need to die quickly and MM excels at this. their overall Dmg is great too. I keep up with the DH in my guild that sits at a 403 ilvl and parses purple. he literally is only 1-2k dps ahead of me and im parsing green (just picked MM back up)

Hey, Four…

I would recommend you edit out a certain word in your post. I understand what you are saying, but its a racial pejorative that is uncalled for. As for calling myself Huntard, so be it. Its how most other players refer to us.

I don’t get upset over that designation, I simply accept that people call us this out of ignorance.

Again, word of caution, using racial pejoratives on the forums may not be appreciated by some. And if your hurt by my use of Huntard, just place me on Ignore, I will not mind.

1 Like

There’s no racial pejorative. Sambo is a literary figure, same as how “Benedict Arnold” is used. If you see that as pejorative, the problem is with you. And, if you’re not part of the solution you are part of the problem. You’re actually worse because you perpetuate it.

7 Likes

Thank you for editing out the word.

Again, if you don’t like my post, just place me on ignore. I would also recommend you checking out its current meaning and definition. If you still don’t feel its a racial pejorative, then call someone it and watch their reactions.

That said, have a blessed day.

1 Like

No one likes being called a traitor. But if the shoe fits.

4 Likes

Been playing this class since 2004 as BM, never changed with the ebb and flows that hit us. Added to that, have 15 BM Hunters at different levels within the game and 2 120 BMs.

Yes, I am a traitor because I don’t let the term Huntard bother me. That said, beats being a racist Pally crying rivers of salt on the forums as to the state of the Hunter class.

1 Like

The traitor comment was referring to your attempted explanation as to how people would react by watching their expressions. Of course no one would like being called out.

Haha yea. When I read all these hunters talking about switching to MM and how amazing it is, I cringe. It’s like calling a 6 the most beautiful person in the world because everyone else in the room is a 3. I mean if I am going to switch to an anchor foot ranged class it would be to a warlock or shadow priest not a marksman.

5 Likes

Oh Boltaction, so many untruths here. You are a character. Btw, i did happen to look at your recent logs from the 19th. On Champions of Light heroic, you were 6th out of the 8 damage done in your guild raid. You had a 9% parse (16% for Ilvl) and barely squeaked out 11K dps. The BM hunter in your raid was significantly better (2nd overall in your group of 8) with a 20% parse (36% for ilvl) and a little over 13K dps for the fight. The top spot however went to your aforementioned demon hunter who managed to get a 38% parse (9% for ilvl) and trucked out nearly 17K dps. So in a nut shell, in your only heroic kill, a 9% ilvl DH parse crushed the 36% ilvl BM parse and really crushed your 16% ilvl MM parse. You are also nearly 6K lower in dps compared to your guild’s DH (who frankly had a 9% parse so maybe not so proud of that). But all that aside, you did say two things that were actually true. First, “BM is in a bad spot” and second your name is actually Boltaction.

7 Likes

People need to stop taking what Boltaction says seriously…hes a solid grey parser in a heroic guild…

6 Likes

Like the transmog you have.

Thanks!

10 characters.

i was the interrupt guy to help keep the off tank mobs in line, I didn’t think it was needed but they asked so I said hey ok. I also was the kiter since our third tank sucked. so I spent half the battle dodging the light and the other half interrupting or misdirect kiting. but thanks for your analysis. not to mention I literally said I have never even stepped foot in a raid as MM and haven’t been using my hunter much at all since I was tanking in uldir and (before this week) we didn’t have a DH so I switched to mine at the beginning of this tier.

on this guy. you all got to just stop data searching. unless you plan to use the mod to be able to look thru all of a character on an account. or maybe check my second account where my progression DH is. you don’t get the full picture then make assumptions based upon it. its not helping anything and if you think looking at my parses will get me to stop you all are wrong. if I didn’t want to be honest I would hide under another character.

lol on my 3rd toon yes I wasn’t taking anything I did with him seriously. and wasn’t even raiding with him till this week so i hve no clue what you are basing it on. what my one raid?? seriously dude you are pathetic. at this point lets just group up and will record me knocking your hunter play oiut the water. and I don’t think im good. I just think you are bad

Sabes que, it’s the name of a restaurant too.

You wrote that in your post correct. I didn’t imagine it. Now you come back with excuses claiming that the mechanics of the fight (which baffle me really) caused you to parse lower. But even if that is the case, I am forced to ask on what objective evidence you are basing your claims on. Is it the Grong wipes you had on the 19th where you didn’t crack 10K collectively. Or is it a fantasy number you think you could do given you OP skills. Sorry dude, I am not busting your nads for fun. In a nutshell, when you base your argument on personal experiences then you open yourself up to examination like this. If you have objective evidence to the contrary though, please please please give it to the community.

2 Likes

Nice grey parses.

Just knocking my hunter gameplay out the water.