BM hunter -- almost too dispirited to write this

It “always” gets buffed? BM was last in legion and it’s been last pretty much all of BFA…

Just because you do well vs other grey and green parsers in your heroic guild doesn’t mean there isn’t an issue with how far behind BM is.

Us talking about it might bring attention to it…not sure why you wouldn’t want BM buffed…I don’t understand people who have the data on logs showing us thousands of dps behind yet come on here and say we’re fine

What’s funny is the people who do this usually talk about how “good” they are doing, then you look them up on logs and they are a bunch of grey and green parsers in a some heroic guild…just like you…

2 Likes

I’m doing really well in the raid, but pretty weak in M+. Granted I am also built for ST damage rather than MT, but yea BM definitely needs some love despite me being totally awesome.

@Fonzi. So yeah. You are 8/9 heroic and have a performance average of 58.1 (median 47.3) . On your last raid (Feb 19th), you averaged 47% on your kills, which was 10th best in your raid. On a fight by fight basis, you were not in the top 5 in any single fight. In fact, your group had 4 hunters in it and you were often the last in damage done among the four. Now I am not busting on you for fun. I like to use facts in arguments not personal anecdotes. Now going back to the 19th, your raid had 1 person who scored in the top 20th percentile for the entire raid (a warrior who had a 80% average) . You had 6 people scoring between 73 and 51 percentile average and 10 who scored below the 50% average. Now is it possible the reason you think BM hunters are “good” is that your heroic raid, on average, is not very strong which makes competent hunters look better than they are?
Another way of looking at is this: where would your BM hunters happen to fall on the damage meters if they entered a stacked raid with competent players? Or worse yet, where would they fall in a mythic raid environment? Take your time. Look over the data from Warcraft logs and get back to me.

2 Likes

I will say to you the same thing you endlessly repeated over a period of time on mage forums when the Fire spec was dead last and people were complaining:

Someone has to be last
BM is viable for the content you are doing
Stop whining, Blizz will probably address it in the next patch.
Play one of the other spec

Fire was not last. Was just middle of the pack.

We have been dead last since legion.

Kind of different…

2 Likes

Attitudes like this cause me to wish that BM damage were buffed but all the utility that gets them brought to raids were taken away so they didn’t get to raid any more.

Blizzard is responsible for balancing the content; they aren’t responsible for balancing epeen contests. If you want to win on epeen, pick an epeen class.

I find your comment here hilarious. I mean take a second and actually read what you wrote there. I can wait. Seriously, still not seeing it? Okay let me help you out. If BM hunter is buffed to be on par with others but lacked the utility they currently have, that would make them what. yep that’s right. A pure damage dealer. yep, what a shame. And Irisse, I have to ask, are there no other DPS classes with raid utility? Are they penalized for this utility? Seriously just asking your opinion here.

They’d be a pure damage dealer with average DPS, which would not get them brought on raids.

There are other damage classes with raid utility, sure. Some of them have specs which also have top damage and need to be nerfed, like balance druid; some have specs that have damage at the bottom, like arms warrior, who unlike beastmaster are not brought on raids.

Balanced content is having balanced DPS. How hard is that to understand? BM doesn’t bring extraordinary utility.

Of course, your comment comes from someone who thinks BM dps is middle of the pack.

Every class is an epeen class. What epeen means is how well you play. I will always strive to rank 100% no matter what class/spec/role I play.

My guild note is ‘Survivaltard’.
I made it myself like a big girl.

BM doesn’t really get brought to raids for their utility. They certainly have some useful utility such as turtle/disengage soaking for Jadefire, aoe stun for Opulence, and soaking in Blockade, but none of that is the reason they are brought to the raid or utility unique to the BM hunter. They are brought to fill the role of ranged dps. It’s also worth noting that warlocks and priests are brought to fulfill roles only they can fulfill and yet they have the best dps.

2 Likes

We have AoE stun?

Not just the best dps, they are outliers and they bring much better utility: rocks, gates, summons, self survival for locks & fort and offspec healing for priests.

1 Like

Binding shot. The adds on Opulence are moving so it stuns them. Well technically it roots them, but for Opulence it serves the same purpose.

Yea and mass dispel for Coven silence and Mind Control for Jaina adds. That’s what I meant by roles only they can fulfill as opposed to the hunter utility that can be fulfilled by a number of different classes.

Not to be nitpicky, but AoE stun (like in legion) is so massively different than the awful binding shot we have now. If we did have AoE stun (old binding shot), it would be a huge boost for m+

2 Likes

No doubt, but my comment was specifically for Opulence adds in response to Irisse’s opinion

Mines “Bench Master”
I also picked it myself. I’m so proud of us.

1 Like

its honestly depressing that we go through the same bullsht cycle every xpac.

1. xpac releases
  2. bm hunter is slightly ahead in the first week of the first raid tier because it performs well at low gear levels and has no movement requirements
  3. bm gets blanket nerfed because oh god wouldnt want hunter to ever be top dps, thats for rogues and warlocks only
  4. over time as other classes gear and bm stops scaling well it falls off and ends up dead last and blizzard does literally nothing about it. they can claim they ‘fixed’ bm scaling all they want but the statistics show otherwise

i hate mm. i hate it so much it makes me not want to play the game any more but i have to play it to stay viable in a raid. even in m+ people are starting to stop playing bm at higher key levels because mm just does so much more single target damage its insane. i wish blizzard would do something about it but based on their track record i have 0 faith

4 Likes

My guild note is “RREEEE”

I did not pick it.

My guild note is…oh wait I quit the game.

1 Like

This exactly.

3 Likes