Blue eyes for Thalassian elves being worked on as well?

Agreed, purple would be cool. I personally want red for this character.

1 Like

Daily reminder Blood Elves are High Elves

6 Likes

Gold eyes are narratively only meant for light-wielding classes like Paladins, and Priests, they mentioned this several times. The fact that we got gold eyes isn’t an argument that they aren’t going to give us blue eyes, if anything it’s evidence that they want to reflect the type of magic the elves use in-game. Why make the Sunwell a fount of both Light and Arcane magic, or stress that many Blood elves still prefer the Arcane if the idea was that all Blood elves should only have gold eyes?

The thing is blue eyes aren’t just a feature for thalassian elves on the alliance, we’ve already seen blood elves with blue eyes, and Death Knights. This visual theme is not some hallmark to differentiate the groups, especially not now that the Sunwell is restored.

The skin color was one of the reasons they said no to High elves. Ion stressed this himself, that if players on the alliance want to play a “Fair-skinned, blonde haired, blue eyed elf, you should play a blood elf” Funny that they would list blue eyes as a blood elf theme, if they felt it was some iconic theme for the alliance.

The High Elf race is notorious for all sorts of Eye Colors. Blue, Green, Purple, Yellow, Red.

The whole freaking crayola box.

1 Like

i cant wait to see them! :ok_woman:

1 Like

oh, zaphorite spoilers if you didnt play wc3 tft expansion

‘high elves? spoilers guys blood elves pretty much high elves’

4 Likes

Not anymore. Blood Elves are far from what High Elves used to be. Their culture and even appearance have changed drastically from what they once were. They have become their own race.

So sure, in the past (very very far back in the past) they were still able to pass off as High Elves. But now? They are Blood Elves, not even close to High Elves anymore.

No we still are high elves. Politics don’t change race. We renamed ourselves to honor other fallen High Elves.

4 Likes

TBC concept of blood elves was resolved with the restoration of the sunwell. the blood elves ARE the traditional elves now. as they should be, they are the high elves of quel’thalas proper after all

the high elves youre talking about are only high elves in the biological sense. they are utterly irrelevant in every single conceivable context :relaxed:

4 Likes

It wasn’t just politics, appearance wise, Blood Elves don’t resemble High Elves anymore. They are more ruddier and paler, along with the fact of fel corruption giving them green eyes and holy energy giving them golden eyes.

They don’t look like High Elves anymore, and their culture, not just politics, have changed from the old High Elven ways. They no longer fly High Elven colors either, changing to reds and blacks to represent the Blood Elves, not High Elves.

They have turned into their own race.

We do. Eyes have changed, but eyes also changed from green to gold and that didn’t change our race. I don’t look pale…

Our selection screen still calls us High Elves, Blizz still calls us High Elves. We just didn’t stick around the Alliance.

3 Likes

You can literally read the wiki on Blood Elves and how it talks about they were High Elves but have evolved into their own race. I haven’t seen anywhere where Blizz calls Blood Elves High Elves. I have seen them say they were High Elves, but not are High Elves.

You might not personally look pale, but lore wise, Blood Elves are paler than High Elves. :stuck_out_tongue:

It never says anywhere that we evolved into our own race. We look no different. And pretending otherwise isn’t gonna put us back with Human potential.

3 Likes

Read the section that says “Evolution from High Elves”. It says how your appearance is different and how you have evolved into your own race.

No it literally does not.

3 Likes

Le sigh…

1 Like

This is off some random wiki and not said by Blizz anywhere.

4 Likes

read what you just typed

everything you say is denial of lore from blood elves arent high elves to blood elves are fel corrupted. you just did the trifecta. even implied the sunwell has no arcane source :smile:

an ask CDEV session revealed, blood elf eye color reflects magical ambience, their eyes turned green because of their proximity to the fel, not because they were consuming it, and it will fade in time

the reason it will fade in time is they are feeding on a font of holy/arcane energy. and i suspect that time has finally come with advanced customization options where we will get the option for yellow, green and blue eyed blood elves

3 Likes

Soulebreaker got to it, but the passage you are quoting is fan made, and is utilizing the RPG as a reference which was deemed not canon by Blizzard.
The official word from Blizzard is that the blood elves and high elves are the exact same race.
Your name strikes me as familiar, I wonder if you’ve posted on this subject before.

2 Likes

That is from the Monster Guide. The source book from the World of Warcraft RPG.