Blue eyes for Thalassian elves being worked on as well?

In the most recent PTR update I noticed that all of the blue eyed High, and Blood elves have had their eyes completely removed from their models while elves with green or gold eyes have had the glow properly added to theirs.

`https://i.imgur.com/Clk7NkZ.png
(if a kind soul could post this pic below I would be grateful.)

Previously the female, and male elves with blue eyes had different eye models, but now it appears they’ve decided to remove them from both models entirely for a possible update in the future.

I hope this is suggests that they are working on a new blue eye model they intend to allow Blood elves to choose among the new customization options they’re added in Shadowlands. I don’t know whether or not this has been brought up yet, but I found it pretty interesting.

OP note:
It’s worth noting that blue eyed elves eyes don’t glow, and are not given any type of illumination like green or gold eyes. This can be observed on the live client if you look at any blue eyed high or blood elf, so why they’re being updated is a curious question.

39 Likes

Assisting Snowsong with pic:
Those eyes look plastered on :frowning:

12 Likes

They look like something you’d see on a late-night SyFy show.

13 Likes

I think they’ve been removed from the female model entirely, but the male’s model looks like they were almost carved out. I believe this is because the females use an updated eye model seperate their head, and the male’s eyes are actually connected to the face of their model.

They look scary now. :fearful:

But yeah, hopefully this means they’re getting worked on.

I hope this is the first step of adding blue eyed customization options for Blood Elves in the future.

48 Likes

Good thing you were being sneaky about this…

51 Likes

Oh god no.

Work in progress. knocking on wood charcoal.

Sigh, too soon. Lol

People wanted blue-eyed elves they said. So Blizz removed their eyes. :scream:

33 Likes

Shhh! Stop! The alliance will hear you.

25 Likes

[Whispers]: Too late…

Prepare for the tidal wave of tears!!!

50 Likes

Don’t look at me…I wanted tentacles coming out my eyes on Void Elf.

14 Likes

Some of these people on this thread were just a few days ago complaining about high elf “spam” threads. But I suppose the sheer irony is lost on these people

40 Likes

Pretty sure this could’ve been stuck in the blood elf customization thread?

7 Likes

Sounds delicious.

16 Likes

Well its not certain if its for blood elves yet, this was mostly pointing out that blue eyes are being worked on in general.

It is especially as a burger :grin:

https://www.spam-ph.com/images/e/e/3/ee32bd93f63db1292658d410be8df14e9d9938b3/SPAM-Burger_2-655.jpg

11 Likes

I do believe it’s dk eyes and elf eyes as a whole . . . Something about working on the eye glow if I remember the mmo champion and wowhead posts on the subject . . . So yea no blue eyed horde elves (unless your a death knight)

3 Likes

Ahh, thanks. Now I’m hungry. :yum:

2 Likes

Shhhh :cut_of_meat: https://imgur.com/a/o6qWe5X

2 Likes