Blue eyes for Thalassian elves being worked on as well?

What’s it like to being unable to accept that the majority of that race has been with the Horde for 14 years?

8 Likes

It is not about that. It is the fact that you have shown everyone that you like to go ahead and call Anti’s trolls because they disagree with you. Maybe you should think about that.

7 Likes

Blizz will be the one to decide what customizations Belves get. And eye colors could very well be one of the 40.

7 Likes

I like High Elves and all, but I dont see why Blood Elves cant get blue eyes, especially mages.

High Elves are High Elves whether they call themselves Blood Elves, Silver Covenant, or Void Elves. All of them should have the option for blue eyes, for the Void ones I would like a appearance that more High Elven in nature say Blue eyes with fair skin but with Voidy hair still.

Honestly at this point I think the closest people are going to get to a High Elf Alliance side is asking for some High Elf appearance options for Void Elves.

Regardless, Blood Elves should be able to have blue eyes.

6 Likes

Yes, they should. Like I said, all belfs having green eyes and all “high elves” having blue is pure customization laziness on Blizz’s part. Which isn’t surprisingly, giving how much they aren’t bothered with customization for the last 15 years.

1 Like

It’s nice that you’re a dev and all, but they’ve made it pretty clear about the Sunwell being both arcane and holy and holy cleansing it faster. Sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Do you not understand the irony in saying this “A few side cases should not invalidate the majority” despite the fact that Alliance High elves are Blood elves, and are a “Side” case themselves, despite how long they’ve been around.

Blood elves are our High elves, that has been their entire purpose since they were introduced. You wanting to play the “side” group of the exact same race is not a rational argument to play them, especially considering that they look identical to Blood elves. The argument here isn’t that we want the High elf lore of the elves that went to the Alliance, we want the traditional High elf themes that our race was intended for since the get-go. You not getting a variation of our race is not an argument to keep them away from us.

We have every right to a race we’ve been playing for 15 years, this is not only reflected in the opinions of the players who actually PLAY blood elves but by the developers themselves.

12 Likes

No. The well is now a mix of Light and Arcane, so it’s perfectly reasonable to expect heavy Light users - priests and paladins - to manifest golden eyes and arcane users to manifest blue eyes.

The Sunwell is a font of both - as has been pointed out numerous times…but once more, for you:

The Sunwell shone once again, now a fount of both arcane power and Holy Light.

9 Likes

Prepare to have your thread hijacked and soaked in alliance tears.

Not even other thorns on the alliance side such as teldrassil, anduin’s masculinity or lack thereof and mechagnome diapers can ever hope to match the sheer mass of drama surrounding high elves lol

If the alliance drama were souls, high elf threads would be the maw of shadowlands.

1 Like

No point arguing with him Snowsong, according to him, Ion doesn’t know his lore, consdering I linked a video where Ion has said “Blood Elves are High Elves”. You know, the one interview from that streamer.

6 Likes

It’s not just Ion that has said it though, even when the Blood elves were first announced they were called our playable High elves. Clearly the point of the Blood elves was to fulfill and expand on the story of the High elves, but now Blizzard is not allowed to progress this fantasy because some Alliance players want to play them too?

`https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3uzFQ_n88k&feature=youtu.be&t=424

It makes very little sense when Alliance players claim that somehow High elves are theirs.

8 Likes

Well, some of those Alliance players think they have authority over each race. Take Joy for example, since he is the biggest one at this, calling it a mistake for Blood Elves to be on Horde when this is only his opinion. Or in previous Blue Eye customisation threads for Blood Elves where some of the Pro-Helfers came into these threads and claim that we’re taking things away from the Alliance.

They think they’re entitled to what is already available on the Horde to be on the Alliance.

6 Likes

Especially when their Vanilla elves were just the same NPC types as today and most Helves had very much already ended their temporary allegience with the Alliance. After Warcraft III, I’m not sure why they expected Helves on their side. Our Prince was treated quite terribly. Our people slaughtered by one of their own.

Now if Blizz ever decides to give them customizations for the Helves that love that Human potential, that’s fine. It’s an RPG game and Blizz can do what they want with that.

But giving blue eyes to Belves has nothing to do with the few Alliance Helves. And won’t make us them. I’m sure most of us don’t even want that. Just more customizations to match our powers, the well and elves we have on OUR side.

5 Likes

The problem many Alliance players don’t understand is that they’re essentially trying to claim they have a say on what the Blood elf narrative is, even when the devs come forth and correct them, because for them to accept otherwise is to also accept that the fantasy for Blood elves and High elves is one in the same.

Blizzard made Blood elves as our High elves, their story is the high elf story, and for any player to step out and say “No, you can’t have High elf themes because they’re alliance.” is essentially telling blizzard and the players they have no “right” to expand on a fantasy that was the entire purpose they were added to the game in the first place.

9 Likes

I only see one problem with that logic: it’s not valid. You can’t take something (blue eyes for a playable race) that doesn’t exist (blue eyes on an analogous playable race on the other faction) away from someone.

1 Like

You can if they have been led to expect it.

Blizzard has said they want to add high elves right? They haven’t given a soft no at every opportunity, have they?

Yup, that’s always been what’s important to you people. If void elves were white and blonde you’d be perfectly happy.

Gross.

The majority of Thalassians left the Alliance during WCIII. Sorry, the race itself left the Alliance before WoW even started.

Man, you must be fun at Christmas.

Heads up: no matter how many times you ask for something, that doesn’t mean you should get it. Lore and most of this game’s lifetime says otherwise.

5 Likes

Tabaqui, you need to go edit that - you have Snow instead of Wrench saying that…

Whew, thanks! I actually pulled the quote out of her reply because I was too lazy to scroll up >.>

1 Like

And what would happen to the helfers who are only about the lore. Wasn’t the ‘lore’ argument supposed to make their pov better than everyone else’s? You’d just throw that all away because…what? You just want a Blood Elf look alike?
I should really point out again that Blood/High Elves are playable on the Horde right now and our asking for an addition of eye color options doesn’t effect you helfers at all.
You’re asking for something that doesn’t exist…a new playable race, playable Blood Elves and whatever options they get is a priority over the alliance helfer requests.

3 Likes