Blue Eye Options for Blood Elves

There was a whole big thread about magic corruption unrelated to elf eyes… there is no answer. Even then the conditions here are unclear. The assumption is that elf eyes are sensitive to magic exposure - and change as a result. There are no clear answers, but…

They shouldn’t because according to them there’s a PLETHORA of differences between high elves and blood elves enough to make them an entirely “new” race…

So if they’re threatened, then they’re admitting that they just want a horde race on the alliance, essentially.

3 Likes

Sure, let blue eyes happen I say. Though how any blood elf could reject the true Light and its glorious gift of the Golden Eyes is beyond me.

It’s literally everything to do about lore and almost nothing to do with asking for an aesthetic option.

“Ultimately, it is a matter of time before the fel-power induced green glint reverts back to the blood elves’ regular high elven eyes.” -WoW devs themselves

2 Likes

Fel is promotes wellness and is good for vitality.

Fel is so last season. And have you seen fel? It’s basically slime. Basically you have WoW pink-eye.

People who have no clue what they’re talking about, clearly.

But blood elves were literally high elves and Blizzard themselves said their eye colors would return. The sunwell is still holy / arcane. There’s no reason they shouldn’t already have a blue eye option as well.

You can’t prove that, though. Also, high elves still are connected to the sunwell as well, so they should have gold eyes. But they don’t, so? Blood elves should have the option of blue eyes as well.

1 Like

I accidentally deleted my post uhg.
Lets try this again.

Alright, so blood/high elves (who are the same race btw) make frequent pilgrimages to the sunwell and are encouraged to do so. They are not barred from entering Quel’thalas, their native homeland, at the end of the day I think the majority of the free roaming neutral Thalassians would sooner join their kin when push came to shove than the Alliance. The only reason I think the free roamers haven’t returned is probably because they aren’t forced to choose a side.

Either way I’m going to burst some HElfer bubbles here and respond to this.

@Caelis

By your logic, ‘Blood’ Elves aren’t permitted to have blue eyes because the sunwell is a combination of light/arcane regardless of where they are in the world and how long they have been away.

Therefore, by using your own logic against you which you will try and twist and manipulate to suit your own needs and goals.

‘High’ Elves should not have blue eyes either and therefore should have gold eyes regardless of the Sunwell being a 50/50 split of light and arcane.

Therefore making them the exact same race.

2 Likes

This would be true if it wasn’t for The still alive Sunwell constantly feeding you Holy/Arcane energy, you will never gain Blue eyes again unless you feel like blowing up the Sunwell, in which case you’ll magic starve and die off just like the plot for TBC.

On top of “matter of time” means generations of Blood elven children before the Fel taint fades from your bodies, same as the Orcs. You don’t get to create Blood elves who were born before the initial Fel-taint, the game makes you create Blood Elves as recently as Cataclysm, who were still alive during TBC, which would still leave you with green eyes.

1 Like

I won’t deny it. Alternative medicine is timeless. Lock rocks?

WoW green eye.
Pfft… better than ‘golden’ eyes. We all know how that really happened.

1 Like

Pictures or I deny everything!

Says you…

There is. The eyes are one of the main differences though.

We already got a Horde race!

1 Like

Everything that is ‘blood elf’ cultures is ‘high elf’ culture, so zero differences really cause they’re the same race.

1 Like

Not sure what you’re going on about, blowing up the sunwell…but arcane is how you get blue eyes. It’s why high elves had blue eyes int he first place. High elves are still connected to the sunwell, so if they still have blue eyes and not gold then so should blood elves.

Except what the orcs did and what the blood elves did are not the same.

Yet we got gold eyes to show that the fel taint is no longer more powerful than what’s in the sunwell which is holy (gold) and arcane (blue)

I’m sure you thought this was some sort of “gotcha”. Which is cute, i applaud your effort.

I’ve known and stated this in multiple threads that casuals and antis refuse to read. Yes, logically High Elves should also have yellow eyes as they are “supposedly” still connected to the Sunwell. However Blizzard has not shown to recognize this plot hole and continues to create and add Blue eyed High Elves into the game.

One could logically assume that besides the “infinite Sunwell” theory, Blizzard also believes in the “High Elves disconnected from the Sunwell” theory, which explains why they still retain blue eyes, and until explicitly stated otherwise in lore is a paradox which does not merit discussion.

2 Likes

There’s no ‘gotchya’ we’re telling you how it is. Blue eyes are needed to advance the Blood Elf story. As you pointed out they added a couple of blue eyed Alliance high elves. Blood Elves should be getting blue eyes.

1 Like

So with this logic in mind, with ‘Blood’ Elves, some of which having been away for so long that would mean they too would have blue eyes in the same amount of time it would have taken some of the others to get gold eyes.

Eye colour does not make an entirely new ethnicity.
That is like saying a Caucasian with brown eyes and a Caucasian with green eyes are two entirely different ethnic groups…when they’re not; they’re Caucasian.

1 Like

Or that Irish Americans stopped being humans when they moved to America.

Oh boy, she’s still typing, we’re about to see some real mental gymnastics and manipulation everyone! Grab the popcorn!

At the end of the day I am 100000% correct so this is entertaining for me. xD

1 Like