Blue Eye Options for Blood Elves

Pitch Black eyes.

Seriously.

(Let’s see who gets it)

You know another thing that seperates the remaining High Elves from the Blood Elves? PVP Flags.

1 Like

That’s just not true and you know it. There are multiple Alliance high elves.

And there is multiple Neutral High Elves, and there is multiple Killable High Elves, and there is 1 Horde High Elf (maybe more Horde actaully since we don’t fully know the numbers)

But when it comes to a request about customisation for Blood Elves, High Elf fans seem to come in and take it as a High Elf or Anti-High Elf thread, yet, I make no mention of them. It is more of a topic in nature of the Sunwell, and yet, it quickly went derailed when it turned into a High Elf discussion.

3 Likes

No, they are mostly neutral (though Alliance biased) and they are not playable. They exist to allow Alliance players to engage with the Blood Elf and Sylvanas stroy. It is a fringe piece of the lore that some people are trying to argue into relevance.

People are allowed to like Blood Elves, and should promote the advancement of their lore without Alliance high elf sycophants running interference.

3 Likes

This 100% makes sense. Hopefully when they add the eye color option for all races, blue is one of the options for blood elves.

5 Likes

Yes.

You are taking one of the main differences between high elves and blood elves and giving them to blood elves. High elf fans are going to feel threatened.

Right.

Why? Why not just remove them?

Shouldn’t Blood Elf fans feel the same way about playable Alliance high elves?

That’s a great idea. Now that Void Elves fill that role. I’d expect to see Alliance high elves less and less. They were never necessary and at this point they are redundant.

The matter is that green eyes are a relic of TBC. In order to bring the Blood Elf lore forward, we need new eyes to reflect the changes which have happened. This is important to Blood Elf players because, they want new customization options, lore advancement, continuation, consistency, and an updated Silvermoon. Blue eyes are the simplistic ask.

A. If blue eyes are the natural high elf eye color, either time or purifying the Sunwell should make that an option for Blood Elves.

B. If blue eyes are the result of the arcane, and the Sunwell produces any arcane, blue eyes should be a Blood Elf option.

C. If holy in the Sunwell only allows golden eyes, the high elves outside the Horde, who are making the pilgrimage, should have golden eyes also.

3 Likes

Void elves are nearly the exact same thing. I don’t see you guys complaining about them.

No they weren’t. They were added though, and shoved in our faces several times.

“Here you go! Here’s a high elf for you! And one over there! Oh and one over here!”

1 Like

Because it’s already happened and they’re different enough. As I recall people were complaining about them a lot.

Yes they were. They were meant to placate a few people who demanded the Alliance be a fantasy trope. They occupy valuable lore space and writer’s time which is better served on other races. Night Elves should always have filled the role filled by Alliance high elves. Now, with Void Elves, there is even less space.

Yes they are.

I was agreeing with you.

Cool, then the topic of the thread is advancing the Blood Elves.

Right? Then pretending that it’s “solely” a Blood elf customization option and has nothing to do with Alliance High Elves, when even invoking the idea is blatantly Anti-High Elf.

Even getting cited in Lore as to why the Light overrides arcane and then, them trying to say they can “choose” what energy they absorb from the Sunwell like they have a choice.

The Lore obliviousness in the Anti community is staggering, and then they say “head cannon”. Laughable.

1 Like

High elves are an npc race, blood elves take precedence.

1 Like

Not when it blatantly goes against lore, sorry, you’re customization options don’t get to crap on written lore for the sake of “aesthetic” that you never had as a Horde Blood Elf, regardless of the race being NPC.

Imagine asking for more customization options after getting more than half the Alliance races combined. Typical Hordie/Anti

1 Like

It doesn’t though, that’s sort of the point.

Why are you taking such an aggressive stance on blood elf players asking for blood elf content that isn’t currently offered by any playable races? :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

If you want me to create a thread that is very Anti-High Elf, then I will. And trust me, don’t care if I get silenced for that, because then you’ll see an exact difference between threads.

Actually, I do have a question, where in the lore does it say that Holy overrides Arcane?

It doesn’t, it says that if arcane is mixed with other magic it takes on the appearance of that other magic.

1 Like

Which means the High Elves should now also have Golden Eyes, just the same as Blood Elves. They’re both connected to the Sunwell after all.

Aggresive? Someones sensitive lol

It does go against lore, as much as you wan’t to ignore the mountain of people who have told you otherwise in the thread, you calling “head cannon” doesn’t override lore and make you automatically correct.

Fact is you do not get to choose what you passively absorb from the Sunwell. The Sunwell being reignited by a pure Light being makes the Sunwell now also half-light, and Blizzard has chosen to show this in your yellow eyes option, the Light is a similar corrupting fundamental force, one would say like the Fel is, as shown clearly in the Argus story line, and even in the Mag’har recruitment quest.

Ergo, Light is an overwhelming magical force in your bodies and will forever show through your yellow eyes regardless of what class you are until you or the Sunwell die. If not Light then Fel for green eyes, pick your poison, Blizzard has obviously given you these two, lore supported options, more than can be said for most races, you should be grateful instead of greedy :man_shrugging:.

1 Like