Blue Eye Options for Blood Elves

the sunwell has nothing to do with blue eyes even before holy got baked in they had all kinds of nautral colors, and if it did your 6 elves would be getting golden eyes too as they are the exact same people connected to the same sunwell :smile:

Sunwell suprasses time and space. Both Vareesa and Alleria acknowledged its re-ignition.

High elves are not all rangers.
Did you forget that the blood elves had the far striders and that it was primarily the far striders that protected them from the Horde?

This is due to their class

Their eye color is beneath the glow

Sources?

Second point; if the Sunwell is at all arcane and blue eyes were the result of arcane, then blue eyes should be an option for Blood Elves.

An excellent point, because all high elves are back on the same diet. If the Sun Well is turning Blood Elf eyes gold then it’s turning the other groups of high elves gold as well.

Exactly why I mentioned the WC3 caster elves having glowing eyes and the rangers didnt.

The WC3 units like I mentioned. Casters, closer to magic, had glowing eyes. Non-casters didnt have this. Also look at High Elves in WoW. They dont have the glowing eyes like their Blood Elf kin. They havent been around strong sources of magic to effect them.

The Sunwell was corrupted by fel powers. If the Sunwell is said to be both holy and arcane that means the arcane powers of the well never left. This means their eyes should have also been blue from the corrupted fel/arcane pool. Obviously the fel and holy power is a stronger influence than arcane.

1 Like

Which was to somehow suggest high elves, who are also a mix of ranger and mages are farther from magic. This is not the case Pretre.
There are plenty of high elf mages, and all thalassian elves suffer magic withdrawal to various degrees. high elves are no exception.

No.
It was corrupted with unholy magic. The entropic magic was deadly, which was why it was blown up. They tried to reignite it again during TBC involving demonic magic, but that was prevented and it was reignited with arcane/holy power.

1 Like

Right sorry I did mess this up.

“The battle with Kil’jaeden once again left the Sunwell without power. However, Velen appeared shortly thereafter and used the “spark” of the naaru M’uru’s to reignite the Sunwell.”

Anvenna, the last bit of the Sunwell, sacrificed herself to prevent Kil’jaeden to enter Azeroth. For the Sunwell to have any arcane power at all is surprising. To reignite it, they used the power of the naaru. We have no idea what the actual make up of the Sunwell is but it seems to be more Holy than Arcane at this point. But it is said to be both arcane and holy by Blizzard.

All good, I got confused about it in the past too.

Blizzard goes by the rule of “if we don’t say something specific assume equal” since its easy for them.

• 9.0 weakens/removes the faction barrier, letting you play with whoever you want.
  • Blood elves given blue eyed option.
  • People that want high elves can now have “high elves” without wasting a race slot on another elf.

They could even make the blue eyes a night warrior type unlockable and change your race to “Thalassian” if you use it.

Holy crap I come back from a hiatus and someone is keeping up the good fight!
Thank you! We will get our blue eyes eventually! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh dear, so that does mean High Elves are Blood Elves and vice versa; because the Alliance HElves still make pilgrimages to the Sunwell and therefore they too should have gold eyes; not blue.

1 Like

I would be okay with this if they introduced lore to allow High Elves and Blood Elves to be reunited as one group. And I can even see the what ever faction to play be a viable option. They could have different factions start at different reputations than others to support past grievances.

I don’t think they need to reunite blood elves and high elves to make it work.

With a weakened/removed faction barrier, you’d be able to play with Alliance as a blood elf. If you make your “blood elf” have blue eyes, you can headcanon that they’re either 1) a blood elf whose eyes are reverting back to blue (if such a thing is possible and I don’t know why it wouldn’t be since some are changing to gold right now) or 2) that your character is a high elf and has always been a high elf that stayed with the Alliance.

It would be neat if they let you change your race to simply “thalassian” to really sell the immersion, but if you’re a roleplayer most RP addons already let you change your race so I don’t think it would be a big deal if they didn’t since most blue eyed, Alliance-leaning “blood elf” RPers would change their race to quel’dorei anyway.

If they go really hard on removing the faction barrier by letting you quest wherever regardless of faction they could even let you decide whether to start in Elwynn or Eversong. Though I feel like going that far would require another world revamp and I don’t know if that will ever happen.

1 Like

It’s gets flagged because these threads are annoying af.

Why would someone wanting to further the fantasy of a race that’s already playable in-game be annoying? Why does it even matter to you if Blood Elf players want the game to expand on their heritage?

2 Likes

Softsong, wouldn’t argue with them.

All they seem to care about is that, they want High Elves, and they won’t accept the real fact that Blood Elves are High Elves. In the end, they like to call a thread asking for more customisation on Blood Elves an Anti-High Elf thread.

3 Likes

It’s really quite absurd.

Essentially they’re trying to hold all the traditions, and heritage of the Blood Elves hostage for the sake that they want the same race with simply a different name slapped on it for their faction. So at any time Blizzard wants to further the Blood Elf fantasy by tapping into it’s roots, and traditions they’re going to argue that the only reason it’s being done is to upset them. As if it’s so hard to believe that we’d want to further expand the fantasy of an already playable race.

3 Likes

what ive been saying for weeks. they want reskinned blood elves and they get mad when blood elves are ever mentioned because they still are hurt they didnt get them lol

3 Likes

I’m sorry, they are talking about an existing playable race, and some movement shouldn’t be able to have any influence on discussion of that.

4 Likes

I dont get the obsession with a small group of neutral elves in dalaran. This request has nothing to do with a few npcs

4 Likes