Blue Eye Options for Blood Elves

eh up to personal preference. kul tiran are the second worst race to me after gnomes

Back on topic…

If blue eyes are the natural eye color for high elves and the Sunwell has been purified. Then Blue eyes should be an option for Blood Elves. If the Sunwell also produces arcane, and high elves have blue eyes from feeding on the arcane, then Blood Elves should have blue eyes as an option. Just because Silvermoon is stuck in time doesn’t mean that Blood Elf players have to be also.

5 Likes

i love gnomes too. :expressionless:

According to what lore?

mixed =/= bending.

Anyway, more customization is a good idea. Not sure why it pisses some people off. I would not complain if orcs received purple eyes. Do they get purple eyes?

3 Likes

Yeah, there is no answer to that.

There are no established rules for magic corruption.

1 Like

you’re meming right?

no, i love gnomes.

well rip, these are my final words, lok tar, fight with honor die with glory, youve lost all my respect

They go well with a little star moss. I like to eat them raw.

gnomes look aTHOUSAND TIMES BETTER than zandalari imo. i’d like mechagnomes for horde.

say whatever you want. but if it came to a fight a zandalari could just step on a gnome. also why do u have a max level orc if u love gnomes. im confused

i play both sides. i was alliance from vanilla until the end of legion. i just switched when we burned the tree.

Once again, like the previous thread, this isn’t about going against High Elves. This is about customization for Blood Elves.

It is about time people learnt the difference in threads!

3 Likes

yes, there is a clear difference

Alliance group? The High elves, aka blood Elves that made up majority of existing High elves didn’t belong to anyone after the events of WC3. Blood elves are the outlet a player is suggested to play if they truly want to play a “high elf” this is said not only in-game during their original announcement but by Ion himself when suggesting which race for players want to play to fulfill the fantasy of High elf.

It could have been on the Alliance, but it’s not. Blood Elves are largely the only organized group to pracice and carry on Thalassian aka Quel’dorei heritage. To say they are not allowed to further a fantasy that rightfully belongs to them, and largely makes up who they are sounds like a far more “obtuse” idea.

And yet “blue eyes” were listed as a Blood elf themed aesthetic by Ion himself? Remember Blood Elves also had blue eyes, and in some cases this is even depicted in-game. It is a part of blood elven and High elven lore you cannot claim it simply because some elves still use the same name the current culture of high elves is nothing even slightly similar to the culture they practiced for thousands of years, the SAME culture the blood elves still honor and practice today.

It might be true, in which case it would be a very clever idea for Blizzard to captilize on the High elf hype once the problem of “faction identity” is no longer relevant and races can be found in either faction depending on their individual ideas rather than those around them.

I dont believe the Blood Elves should get blue eyes. If you take a close look at High Elves their eyes dont glow like the Blood Elves do. This is from not being effected by either fel or holy energy. The closeness to fel and holy that have been affecting Blood Elves is obviously strong enough to make their eyes pop a lot more than High Elves so it seems the arcane that would make their eyes glow the same way isnt as strong as the fel or holy.

1 Like

If it doesn’t glow because it is not the result of magic…

If it’s their natural eye color, then advancing Blood Elves means getting that back.

And you see, that is where your missing one fact: The Blood Elven Heritage is also the High Elven Heritage.

I just want blue eyes without needing to be DK

High Elves haven’t been as close to magical entities like the Blood Elves have for a long time. In WC3, the elf units that used magic had glowing eyes and the ranger units didnt. This is because of the closeness to magic. I do think the Blood Elves should get not as bright glowing eyes as a customization, but blue is well past them as the Sunwell is no longer 100% arcane like it was in the past.

1 Like