Blue Eye Options for Blood Elves

All they have to do is say the remaining Alliance High Elves followed Alleria into becoming Void Elves.

Problem solved. But they’d rather keep adding High Elf NPCs and saying “That’s not a High Elf.”

That’s odd. I visit every High Elf NPC in the Mage Tower and they all look exactly like Blood Elves to me.

2 Likes

I could see it happening, hope it eventually does, but what Ion said still comes off as a joke to me and little more. Basically what I’m saying is don’t expect Blood Elves to get blue eyes come 8.3

1 Like

As an RPer you should also recognize the many High elves that are neutral, or friendly to Blood Elves. That High elves like Auric Sunchaser preach reunification between the groups, referring to them collectively as the “Children of Silvemoon.”

That a high elf named Thalo’thas Brightsun commands a crew of Blood elves like one of his shipmates Gilthares Firebough and sends you to kill Alliance soldiers and officers. That in the mage hall the high elf Ravandwyr follows, and recruits a Blood Elf Esara Verrinde to join him in Dalaran. That many of the High elves that remained with the alliance eventually left to follow Kael’thas and become Blood Elves after Silvermoon was destroyed.

I’d rather see the High elves return home to Quel’thalas, and let Void elves do their thing on the alliance side.

2 Likes

Oh but see, there’s a big difference here, let me point it out to you.

They’re not Horde.

1 Like

You’re welcome! :hugs:

1 Like

I’m not the one who brought up the Silver Covenant. I’m here to talk about Blood Elf customization just like most of us here

And yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if Vereesa was killed off. Not a lot of plot armor on that one

Sure…if we were ‘expecting’ it anytime soon I don’t think we’d be making this request. It’s just a reminder to the devs, imo, that we still want this.

3 Likes

Oh wow, having different political views makes them entirely different.

2 Likes

What’s so hard to grasp about it?

People wanna play High Elves on Alliance, they exist there. We’re told “no, that’s too similiar to blood elves.” So are Void Elves.

“They’re too few in numbers” So are Void Elves.

Because Blood Elves are High Elves.

Even making them available to both factions wouldn’t work, as Blizzard admitted to that mistake with the Pandarens. It isn’t easy writing a story that works for them to both factions while at the same time, having them playable.

EDIT: Post it right Frostbites, don’t be a noob now.

1 Like

Hey…Blood Elves are High Elves.
/bonk

1 Like

Political views is enough to get other factions their own slots, the problem is that High Elves would take the Thalassian model for the second time for the Alliance

A problem I believe could be overcome, but this isn’t the thread for that

1 Like

We don’t know exactly what about Pandaren Blizz considers to be a mistake, to be fair. Could be that there’s not much reason for them to fight against the Horde and Alliance let alone each other

“To protect home… And family”

They’re not really doing themselves any favors by joining either side nowadays. Or the problem could be that they’re identical in model, I don’t know

So Ion points out which physical features are too similar to Blood Elves regarding playable high elves, so they change those features specifically and the result is the void elves. So your argument for removing these intentional distinctions is that they still look similar? What?

1 Like

I’ll just take the half baked shoehorned purple Blood Elves and deal with it I suppose.

It’s what Blizzard wants to happen. Doubt we’ll ever get a shred of lore for them post BFA.

They absorb magic wherever they are so yea they could have fel eyes if there were a fel source nearby. So yes high elves could get fel green eyes. Because blood = high elf biologically.

2 Likes

Killing the Silver Covenant Leaders Husband and the Horde Killing many many Quel’dorei might be another reason why Quel’dorei and Sin’dorei will never truely get along. Face if your a Quel’dorei the most deadly thing to your health is the horde.

1 Like

The problem is because there is no story for them to continue in, that actually works. They have been pushed aside like it is just yesterdays garbage.

Lets face it, Gnomes have more interest in being part of the story within the Alliance and yet, they haven’t had the full story of themselves told.

EDIT: Here is a better understanding.

Also, for or those that don’t know, Blizzard regrets doing Pandaren as a Neutral race, to the point that I can say we’ll likely never see another Neutral race. Since MoP, it’s basically impossible to write Pandaren lore now, because their forces are split faction, and we haven’t seen them do anything notable in WoW since MoP. Their identity is basically nothing.

Quoted from this thread!

1 Like

off topic…but I wonder how popular Gnomes on the alliance would be if they weren’t so tiny. Their females are the prettiest race the alliance has!

1 Like