Blue Eye Options for Blood Elves

Don’t worry, you guys will get what you want anyway, you’re horde.

Blue eyes will be patched in with all new mount models (horde only) to make up for our one not-horse we’re getting.

I’d bet 8.3 or its a hidden 8.25 update.

It’s okay, you got your spooky void elves, with tentacles!

2 Likes

Good one, you sure roasted my post from two months ago.

If you just want to be a fair skinned, light haired, blue eyed elves … Sorry the Horde is waiting for you. Eye color is not quite the same but we may add contact lenses in the future , you never know - Game Director Ion Hazzikostas

Hey man, it was on front page today, i dont often visit this place.

The date is right there.

I’m sorry the number on your forum icon triggered you.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree. To me the High Elf fantasy doesn’t include Blood Knights, spell breakers or a history of using fel crystals and the like. Every time Blood Elves get screentime they usually use it to clamor on about how things will never to the same and how they’ve been changed forever. The Blood Elf fantasy is the High Elf fantasy nowadays

Blue eyes aren’t iconic to Blood Elves, but with the Sunwell cleansed it’d make sense, plus it’d look pretty sweet to have it on a mage. More cosmetics are usually always a good thing

Are you sure this isn’t just a thinly veiled attempt to upset Alliance players.

But i’ll bite. This should not happen. The Silver Covenant and High Elves are by the nature of the story and lore, not part of The Horde or Blood Elves.

They are their own people stood apart from both. Just because Horde players and Blizzard have forgotten this, doesn’t mean we have.

Would be nice if Alliance could have their Allied Alliance Quel’dorei to.

Thank you. Have a lovely night. :blush:

This to me is another reason why this request may not come to fruition. Blizz is very much so aware of the High Elf crowd. Upsetting them wouldn’t be Blizzards’ sole reason not to add blue eyes, but it could be one of them

Still, blue eyed Blood Elves isn’t a nail in the coffin for the High Elf request

Well you’re confusing lore fantasy, with visual fantasy, but even then the Blood Elves best represent the culture, themes, and aesthetic of the original High elves more than any remaining Alliance high elf group. Alliance High elves have taken on the cultures, and themes of the Alliance races which is why we see them wearing human clothes and speaking solely common, while Blood elves have maintained their cultures, their views, and traditions and even continue to use the high elven language. Liadrin said this best during the Nightborne unlock quest where she clarifies that while the Horde gives them strength, they have not forgotten who they are.

Heck for the Blood elf heritage quest you’re quite literally turned into a high elf.

Blue eyes aren’t iconic to the Blood elves yet, but they really should be simply because of what they represent. Blue eyes represent the strong arcane presence in an elf’s body, and while this relationship with the arcane is resisted, and even fought against among many Alliance High elves, Blood Elves have come accept the nature of their condition, and embrace the arcane and its powers in its entirely. Blood elves both worship the arcane, and rely on it, so how aren’t blue eyes simply the next reasonable visual customization for them?

1 Like

Think The High Vale would disagree with you. As for blue eyes there are Sin’dorei with blue eyes Horde players don’t have access to them, Just like Alliance don’t have access to Blue eyes Quel’dorei.

I pretty much agree. Not much I can dispute here

You really think if blizz is not going to be giving alliance high elves they would hold off on a simple custom eye color for a playable race??

Atm…Blood elves are playable, alliance have Void Elves…and it would be short sighted on the part of the WoW creators to think…‘oh…we might make a small portion of our fans unhappy if we dare touch one of the most popular played races and give them another eye color option’.
:crazy_face:

1 Like

High vale, are you referring to the relations embassy for dwarves and now Draenei? High elves that have completely severed their ties to any relationship with the arcane? Not very High elfy.

Alliance Allied Quel’dorei

I won’t say the High Elf crowd is big, but I don’t think we can claim it’s small either. People could use it as ammunition for “even more Horde bias” which Blizz may be trying to avoid

Let me translate this:
“Hi, I want to pretend I’m actually the High Elves of old and not who they are today (Blood Elves or Void Elves). Now let me rationalize with these facts I’m about to stretch…”

How about no?