Blue Eye Options for Blood Elves

After reading your not so subtle accusation of racism above, I have to question your sincerity. Did you not even read the first post and the link provided?

Blood elves telling me to go to high elf thread when this thread is a veiled attempt at high elves.

Get out of here nerds.

Going to have to put you on ‘ignore’ now because this is just bait. :crazy_face:

Are you serious? When I created the original thread, it has been the same thing over and over. People derailing the old thread and mass flagging it, to the point it got pernamently locked. Now you want to come in here and derail the topic on something that has nothing to do with the topic at hand?

3 Likes

Whats the difference in appearance between high elves and blood elves? Blue eyes.

Come on man.

It means a “Fair skinned, blonde haired” visually themed elf race.

It’s a visual fantasy that Blood elves were introduced into the game to fulfill to the players, and a playable “high elf” race would infringe on those crucial, defining themes too heavily, which is why void elves were changes in those very specific
ways. This was something Ion focused heavily on as to why they eventually chose void elves as the playable thalassian race for the Alliance.

Playable High elves is not going to fix the faction imbalance, that’s just some contrived excuse to get what you want, and a thinly veiled one at that.

You can keep your fun little blue berry elves. c:

2 Likes

I am confused and trying to understand.

As far as I’ve read it had something to do with the sunwell being both arcane and light. The light does have a tremendous change effect since it cleanses. I am skeptical however you’d be able to retain back to Arcane eye colored before since arcane cannot cleanse feel & vice versa

Considering that Blue Eye Blood Elves actually exist?

What is the difference between a High Elf and a Blood Elf? The Blood Elf chose to honor those who have fallen when Arthas invaded Quel’Thalas with his scourge army, and then continue there traditions.

The High Elves chose to side with a faction and be worse than Humans and Orcs put together.

1 Like

Are we forgetting Lanesh the Steelweaver? Or the Frosthand Sunreaver Mages in Dalaran? All Blood elves with blue eyes.

2 Likes

When it was asked if Blood Elves could get more eye color options we were told it might be possible, perhaps ‘contact lens’. So we’re making sure our desire for this option is still out there.

(I still doubt your query is sincere if you’re going to believe it’s based on racism)

2 Likes

Wretched have blue eyes. Make blood elves wretched models and you can have all the blue eyes you want, and it fits the horde theme better.

So don’t Blood Elf DKs… and they look like ordinary Blood elves, but with BLUE eyes.

Lemme link a post of some Blood Elves with Blue Eyes, just to prove you wrong:

1 Like

Was this statement from Blizzard or playerwise?

Blood Elves should actually get multiple eye color options. It stupid to have their eye colors tied into the Sunwell. For thousands of years the magic of the Sunwell never determined their eye color. I can see Paladins having Gold eyes as they are the only ones that actively pull magic directly from the Sunwell. The rest should get whatever eye color the player chooses. Tattoos, scars, and piercings would be nice as well.

2 Likes

Not quite the proof other than cosmetic npc reasons. It’s like comparing Turalyon’s hair for humans to have & likewise with Kalecgos

Those are high elves that didnt drink the fel kool-aid.

Playable characters are addicts, first the fel, now the sunwell. Damn mana junkies.

I enjoy the void elves visual disparity from blood elves.

The thematic fantasy of an elf of light, battling against elves of the void is a entertaining, and satisfying one.

I am going to just use one for an example: Lanesh the Steelweaver

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Lanesh_the_Steelweaver

Where does it say he is a High Elf?

It makes sense, as when the devs were asked how Blood elves receive golden eyes they responded stating that only elves devout, and faithful to the light would receive golden eyes, which explains why Lor’themar, and other non-light wielding classes remain with green eyes.

Then Blizzard clarifies that the Sunwell is actually a source of both Arcane, and Light magic, and then go on further to specify that many Blood elves refuse to relinquish their dependency on the arcane. It’s nice that Blizzard gave paladins, and priests a cool thematic to reflect their independence of the fel, but it would be nice to have something equatable for other classes like Hunters, rogues, and mages especially. Reflect the fact that Blood elves still embrace the arcane and return their blue eyes.