Blue Eye Options for Blood Elves

At this point, no one should get them. Blizzard should just make all Blue Eyes turn Gold.

1 Like

Except there is no demand for Blue Eyes.

Nobody in this thread has said, “Blizzard, give us Blood Elves blue eyes now!”

Good grief.

1 Like

Maybe demand was too strong of a word. The request isn’t strong enough for Blizz to go back and add it. Just my guess though, maybe they’ll go for it after all

I 100% agree with this. Eye colors for all races would be cool, but specifically blue eyes for blood elves would be the best!

4 Likes

People have been asking for more customisations for every race for quite a long time, each for there own reason.

For me, it is because I find that it is my own Character telling me the story through out her adventures through Azeroth. Now, it sucks looking like every other Blood Elf, and having a bit of a back story that doesn’t make any sense.

Mages doesn’t rely on Fel, nor do they rely on Holy Energies. Since the Sunwell is a mixture of Arcane and Holy energies, it doesn’t make sense for Blood Elf Mages to have Green or Golden eyes. And also to the fact that the Sunwell was never corrupted by Fel either, and the only thing that the Blood Elves were effected by were the Fel Radiation by the Crystals, which can be seen even in Sunstrider Isle…

There is nothing in lore, or in game to really say that Blood Elves can’t have Blue Eyes.

3 Likes

I’m not arguing that they can’t. Blue/purple eyes would look really good on Belf mages

2 Likes

It was less of a joke, and more of a justification for picking blood elves to fulfill that “High elf” fantasy, as that was the whole purpose of the Blood Elves in the first place. While of course nothing is “confirmed” that’s not really the point, the point is that it’s clearly something he’s open to, and sees as a reasonable cosmetic for Blood Elves.

Which honestly is far more promising than hoping that he, and the other devs will suddenly completely change their minds on all the problems High elves present visually to Blood elves.

2 Likes

This & other similar posts sort of reminds me of that racial supremacy of blond/blue eyes Nordic ideal of the axis WWII.

Isn’t yellow eyes enough for your “beauty” sorts? Aren’t you Elves beautiful enough or ran out of make up products?

I disagree with that, but of course I’m also someone who has wanted it.

1 Like

I always think its funny when I see someone say this, when the very first thing void elves asked for when their race was announced was white skin and blonde hair for their blue eyed elves.

3 Likes

good grief…

:crazy_face:

1 Like

Nope, because then you permanently close the door on high elves, which is not an option. Stop trying to beg bliztard for a lesser solution to the high elf problem and stand your ground on demanding a high elf allied race.

Would have matched the other horde races then.

Blizzard made the Blood elves to be the playable high elves, which is why they literally tell you if you want to play a high elf, you should play a blood elf. Telling us we can’t have blue eyes because you want a race Blizzard’s has already said they have no plans on making is selfish, and ignorant.

5 Likes

Depends on what you mean by “the High Elf fantasy”

The WC2 High Elves are the High Elf fantasy, something the Blood Elves will never perfectly resemble ever again. They were changed forever after Arthas attacked. Even if High Elves were made into an allied race they wouldn’t fulfill the classic fantasy of what they once were

Of course that doesn’t mean Blood Elves couldn’t/shouldn’t have blue/purple eyes as an option. As you said, it’s a reasonable request

Make high elves an alliance race, help end the faction inbalance.

Let blood elves wither and be ugly with the rest of the horde, as villains are usually depicted.

Huh? The High Elf Fantasy is still there, it is just with the Blood Elves now. Sure, there is some small changes, but because of past events, but it is still there.

1. Go to your High Elf thread and request for High Elves there.
  2. There is no faction inbalance. There is just a participation inbalance.
  3. Even if there was a faction inbalance, adding High Elves will not solve that.
3 Likes

It probably has less to do with race and more to do that Void Elves are very restricted as to what mog makes then look good. If you don’t compliment the void look its a bit of a bust

Which is a shame, given their racial for transmog

Please take your high elf demands to the topic that’s been created for it. Thanks! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I am trying to understand your point …how exactly could a blood Elf retain back to blue eye? I’ve read somewhere in wowpedia that High Elves had a variety of eye colours moreso than blue before the exposure to Fel