Blue Eye Options for Blood Elves

It is not trolling… It’s your opinion and my opinion.

So Alliance have the glorious Ren’dorei!
Well, I just said that if they merged the factions, since blood elves are high elves, blue eyes would be much more likely than an exact same copy in form of ‘allied race’. I’m sure you’re not blind, so you can see this.

Backing to reality, we have Horde and Alliance. About ‘high elves’ issue I always deffend that pro-he should ask for something more resoanable to try to find common ground in this community. All for one give Blizz a more realistic feedback. Example? Half elves.

Insist on ‘give me blue eyed blood elf with blue tattoo’ is just hilarious at this point.
(incomming: blood elf are mutated by fel ‘cause they drank Sargeras’ blood swimming in Kil’jaeden pool)

3 Likes

It is not blindness I just look at the facts. If they merged factions there is no reason not to have the High Elf allied race option then.

Creating something that hasnt really ever been discussed in game is a lot more unrealistic than changing a races default stance and customization. What is a half elf to you? Realistically, it would be easier to change the posture of high elves to match humans and give them different customization than blood elves than to create a whole new model.

I just enjoy how this devolved into a High Elf thread and that it has more posts than the “Do you like Void Elves?” thread.

Showing more people care about discussing High Elves being implemented or not than actually discussing the recent (relatively speaking) Void Elves.

4 Likes

Well I think the logic goes like this:

• Sunwell original font of arcane power. Thalassian elves all had blue eyes.
  • Sunwell becomes corrupted with Fel. The Blood Elves have green eyes, showing that Fel corruption overpowered Arcane energies.
  • Sunwell gets Fel cleansed from it, returns to being font of arcane power ALONG WITH Holy Light infused into it like SunnyD. Blood Elves are now beginning to have some Golden Eyes among its people.

So we went Arcane -> Fel -> Light.

We have never seen Fel -> Arcane.
We have never seen Light -> Arcane.

Thus the logic becomes “Light overrides Arcane.”

Now one can argue it doesn’t work that way, but it’s the logic most are using. “The proof is in the pudding” so to speak.

You’re called blood elves because you cast aside the identity of high elves. Why do you want to be a high elf again?

5 Likes

The sunwell wasn’t corrupted by fell energy. The belves got green eyes because fell magic was used to rebuild silvermoon

2 Likes

Mmm, good point. Not only that, Blood Elves are about a people moving forward.

Blue eyes would be a sign of olden times.

It would be like those players who wished the Orgimmar Orcs were uncorrupted and not Green anymore. We know how that request ended up working out… they received an Allied Race for it.

Because that specific group can’t go back, they must wear their “scars” and for Blood Elves that “scar” are their Green and Golden Eyes.

3 Likes

Blood Elves didn’t chose to change there eye colours when they renamed themselves to honor there fallen. And giving them the option for Blue Eyes isn’t asking for them to also to rename themselves to High Elves.

1 Like

No, you chose to siphon fel magic and living creatures for power instead, which is what differentiated you from the high elves to begin with. Fel has consequences. Enjoy your eyes, dear.

2 Likes

they didnt ‘cast aside’ anything. as a people the high elves rebranded themselves after a national tragedy. the ones that ‘cast aside’ their high elf heritage are a few individuals in the alliance who have assimilated into human culture

2 Likes

Oh okay, then cut out the middle man of Arcane -> Fel -> Light to Arcane -> Light.

The point still stands: We have never seen Light -> Arcane.

So what you’re saying is that the elves who no longer call themselves high elves cast aside the identity of high elves to become blood elves? Yes?

The Orcs who drank demon blood weren’t “choosing to change their skin color” either. It was a consequence of a choice they made.

Just like the Blood Elves chose to utilize Fel magics, with eye color being a consequence.

3 Likes

The point still stands that if light -> arcane then the alliance high elves would also have gold eyes.

Btw interesting quote from the Sunwell page:

With the Sunwell’s rebirth, the [Blood Knights] — an order of blood elf [paladins] who once wielded the Light by force — have decided instead to embrace it and to forge a new identity as they lead their people into a more promising future.

Sounds like a society of people that move forward to me. Nothing about “going back to the ye olden days”

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sunwell

2 Likes

Except Blood Elves were not using the fel magic. And actually, the green eyes were from the Fel Radiation when they built Silvermoon City. Blood Elves were using other sources of Arcane, such as Mana Worms for an example.

1 Like

To Which they don’t … so then it must not be true.

if you want to interpret it that way to suit your fanfiction dreams thats your choice. bottom line is the high elves who discovered quel’thalas and the sunwell and the elves from the rts games, almost all of them are blood elves now and a part of the horde. the rest are neutral expatriates in dalaran. theres only a few actual alliance high elves

1 Like