Blue Eye Options for Blood Elves

Oh, let me add, two expansions later, still has blue eyes

on my way to check’em out.

But that one is a bait thread too. High Elves wouldn’t fix faction imbalance i agree with that, but a OP racial can swing PvE and PvP faction-balance, Every Man for Himself in PvP, Berserking in Raiding, Shadowmeld in the Mythic Dungeon Invitational.

My point is that even the unpopular Mechagnomes can swing the balance in a sect of the game if they gain a OP racial.

Isn’t there also a loom guy in Silvermoon?

Maybe, I just remember that one being brought up before, and that apparently him and the friends reference belf have both survived many bug reports about their eyes.

Saying that Blood Elves canonically have blue eyes because a developer mistakenly used the wrong skin while putting a Blood Elf NPC in the game is like assuming that the Alliance have Blood Elves because some High Elf NPCs have green glow in their eyes.

1 Like

Good to know, this one isn’t. Look, without all the talk about high elves, I would never have thought about it. Now that I have, I view it as a necessary part of the lore needed to bring Blood Elves forward. Through all the debate over high elves, I’ve become invested in the Blood Elf lore. Now I want to see it advanced.

okay, so… that rachele npc has belf lines, but her eyes are dk-blue… not what i expected, so gotta give credit for that one, but i’m pretty sure she’s an exception npc. like the pandaren dk in WoD. off to check the one near Tot.

wellp, he’s got the blood elf voice too, but he’s got high-elf eyes. no clue what that’s about. pretty inconsistent between the 2.

Would you look at that

A High Elf with green eyes, that must mean High Elves have green eyes right? I’m going to suggest High Elfers to include green eyes in their request because a developer mistakenly using a wrong skin while putting a NPC in the game must mean that canonically Alliance High Elves have fel-green eyes.

(sarcasm)

1 Like

okay, so… this topic has devolved into high-elf blood elf arguements. pretty sure this was someone asking for a cosmetic look for blood elves that’s not gonna happen due to lore. sure, there are a rare few blood elves that have blue eyes, but i think we can assume they just… did’nt get any fel magic when they were seperated from the rest. eitherway, i still don’t see blue eyes happening for blood elves (with the exception being death-knights). it’s just not very likely.

1 Like

gets shown a few blue eyed blood elves

Yawn

2 Likes

i’m not sure how to react to a yawn, but i’ll word it shorter so you’ll pay attention: not enough blue eyed blood elves, probably not gonna happen.

2 Likes

I’ll make it clear.

You’re trolling this thread, you said the OP was requesting something that didn’t exist, you got shown it existed, in a fashion that survived bug reports and showed up in a later expansion. Then suddenly it’s not good enough. As soon as your initial criteria was met you changed it so you could continue to treat a cosmetic request for a playable race as a baseless attack on a non-playable npc faction of that race that hangs out on the other side.

5 Likes

i did?? i was just pointing out how it was’nt likely, and how if they wanted to play a blue-eyed belf, they could roll a dk!

Someone might want to be a mage.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt here, I’ve been dealing with a lot of people in this argument that change the criteria around after something gets found that disproves it. And text doesn’t convey tone well, so I read that more as you dismissing the npcs outright, I may be a little trigger happy when it looks like I’m running into more of the same nonsense.

2 Likes

Imagine basing your entire argument on one off NPC, then being shown we also have a one off NPC High Elf with green eyes and think thats “lore relevant”.

and We’re the trolls lol.

3 Likes

well, i was’nt dismissing them, i literally had no idea they existed, hence why i asked to see’em. did’nt think there would be blue-eyed belves, or y’know… maybe someone was getting high-elves and blood elves mixed up. had to make sure. :slight_smile:

Don’t let him troll you, Blue eyed Blood elves don’t exist in any meaningful capacity other than a one-off NPC, his NPC doesn’t mean anything as much as our High elf with Green eyes does. Blizzard forgets to tweek the eyes in the thousand High elf and Blood elves they have to add to the game, big deal.

Like I said, text doesn’t convey tone, and the response came a little too close to reminding me of one of the regulars who does this thing about how there are no high elf npcs that are hostile to Alliance. You show her the npc in Ratchet (that’s the one in the barrens right?) who sends horde players to kill alliance troops and that doesn’t count because his name isn’t red to alliance.

Like I said, I may have a hair trigger around this topic. No hard feelings.

3 Likes