Blue (and Purple/Pink) Void elf eyes!

too bad for u then

Void elf, the biggest mistake ever made before for the Alliance, they could have put the HE but noooo, “the BE are HE” they say, but they don’t put blue eyes to the either

That’s nice, now look up the lore behind Highborn, aka also Night elves.

It should!

1 Like

i can already do this :wave:

cant say the same for your playable blood elf clone on the alliance

I agree on all but the skin color. We don’t need natural skin void elves. That would open pandora’s box if that happened.

It would stop the endless topics about High elves …

1 Like

So when can we play with your blue eyed elf?

No it will not. Void elves with high elf make-up is still void elves. No matter what they do not carry any of the high elf lore made in the last 10 or so years.

1 Like

I don’t understand why void elves can’t look like high elves when they aren’t in combat a la worgen.

I said this on day one in 7.3.5.

Worgen have that set up if you don’t want to look like a werewolf 24/7, you can use your human form.

If you don’t want to look like a void elf 24/7, you can use your “high elf” appearance. Alleria looks exactly like a high elf when she isnt using the void, why can’t the other void elves? Their overall theme was about discipline and self-control and curiosity and seeking new knowledge and learning new secrets, why can’t they supress the void or something when they aren’t in combat and just look like high elves? easily explained by their body changing from the void exposure, so they can revert to their original appearance before they became fel crack heads. They don’t use fel anymore, they don’t use the sunwell anymore, they should be able to just look like blue eyed high elves when they are just chillin’. When they get serious and go in combat, they call upon the void and look like a void elf, just like the worgens always fight in their worgen form. It was just so obvious and made so much sense I do not understand why they are so damn stubborn and anti-fun about so much dumb stuff like this and so many other things in the game.

2 Likes

OP edited their post. Comment withdrawn

(Commentary): It’s funny you say this as if you read the article, but apparently didn’t.

The op was edited at the same time I was posting so yes it did make me look like an idiot the way it came out.

Me moron. You jane

(Apology): I was not aware sir, you have my apologies. Perhaps edit your post in the future to prevent confusion.

I made a thread today from a mobile device that had a lot of errors because I’m using speech to text I wound up hitting my maximum number of edits so I can’t edit it

2 Likes

It’s not an illusion… while a pale blue, you can see in the Wowhead Dressing Room when zooming in close to the character’s face that Void Elf eyes are, in fact, blue.

The “illusion” is thinking the eyes are white and this is mostly seen in the female’s eyes because the female Thalassian iris is quite large compared to the males.

The Void Elf sclera (what we call the whites of the eyes) are a darker blue while the iris is a very pale blue. And because the female iris is so large, you see less of the sclera which has the darker blue. Here’s a close up:

As you can see, their eyes are indeed blue but it’s easier to see for sure on the males due to the smaller iris, though the right female face (such as the one pictured) has makeup to help make the blue more noticeable.

Copy my image above, open it in your favorite image editor and use the eyedrop tool to grab the color from the iris which is a tad off the center of the female eye (the center is the pupil and on Void Elves, virtually white while just around it is the iris) and you’ll see that it is, in fact, a very pale blue. The further from the center and into the sclera you go, the darker the blue gets.

1 Like

I’d be happy if Void Elves had a skin tone like this:

https://i.imgur.com/qJgvljK.jpg

It isn’t like any that Blood Elves have but gives some subtle contrast which I feel is more aesthetically appealing. But I suppose we must wait till allied race customization actually happens to see any potential Void Elf skin tone options. I also feel the same about Nightborne that there’s room for more variety without stepping on Night Elf toes.

2 Likes

The chronicle states nightborne are a different race, I’ll take the chronicle’s word.

10 characters

Yeah, and? What’s your point? They were night elves once, they are no longer.