Bloodstained Commendations Going Away in Phase 3

44 stacks of commendations

Thatā€™s the plan but by bag / bank are bursting at the seems. Have like 2 bag slots open.

I hope you have the bank slots!

They forgot to mention that STV is now broken and you canā€™t really get anymore blood so if you didnt have enough to get next rank already were screwed as far as relying on Blood Moons.

Whatā€™s the point in farming r7/pvp gear is the only PvP content is open world PvP/bgsā€¦ might as well just do those to get r7/pvp gear. Not like there is a rush to climb a ladder or anything. Seems silly to me.

Dont need bank slots you can just use them today since reset already happened.

are people really collecting dozens of stacks of these in preparation

i have purchased a total of zero of these

1 Like

Yes there is quite a few people.

Hello, I saved hundreds of silver blood coins to purchase these commendations and have only now found they are unavailable. A simple forum post hidden away here isnā€™t enough notice and now Iā€™ve lost several weeks of my life away from my friends, family and business for absolutely no reward. Iā€™m minutes away from quitting the game entirely if this can not be resolved.

they mentioned it many times before it was removed. i understand how difficult it is for mages to get coins and i for one am sorry for your loss.

Never saw it in official patch notes, if anyone could link thatā€™d be great. I play Elemental Shaman as my main I donā€™t know why my mage is showing here.

I followed this bluepost exactly and did not rank up. I made a post at the link below but the requirement for 15 HKs being omitted from this bluepost screwed not one, but TWO of my characters out of ranking from 5->7 today. Such an oversight is understandable if itā€™s going to be addressed and handled so that those of us who assumed following Blizzardā€™s instructions would be sufficient to rank up donā€™t get screwed out of hours and hours of STV with no recourse.

That said, if nothing is going to be done about this, thatā€™s completely unacceptable. I was so excited for today and this has single-handedly deflated all the excitement I had for SoD.

Furthermore, since the commendations were nerfed by a factor of FOUR (4) with the start of p3, re-doing the grind is no longer a feasible option either.

I am really hoping Blizzard will come through and rectify this for those of us who were affected, but hoping doesnā€™t actually resolve anything. That ball is in Blizzardā€™s court now.

Full post:

All rank progression requires 15 honor kills.

All of it. Every single last iota of it, at every rank threshold. This is announced in the classic era ranking system post as a requirement for all rank progression.

Honor =/= HKs.

Itā€™s a massive loss, and Iā€™m sorry for itā€¦ but it is abundantly clear that all honor gain requires 15 non-100%-drā€™d HKs with the bucketing system that was changed.

Ranker would have told you this every time you opened your honor screen.

https://www.wowhead.com/classic/news/patch-1-14-4-updated-pvp-honor-system-wow-classic-334045

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/classic-era-1144-pvp-update/1631287/1

What is the minimum number of honorable kills necessary to earn CP each week? 15 15

1 Like

This is the issue though. For those of us who didnā€™t play classic '19 or vanilla, we would never know this.

I also never installed ranker because I had been using the honor calculator I already linked, which says nothing about it.

Itā€™s not abundantly clear if it says NOWHERE in game and NOWHERE in the bluepost outlining seemingly clear instructions for what to do to rank up with the commendations.

So, no, itā€™s not abundantly clear. Itā€™s not clear at all.

The company itself directly told you that it is a requirement.

It canā€™t get much clearer than that.

1 Like

They did not in fact tell me that. Where on earth are you even coming up with that?

Bigger issue is the level 50 new ones cost 4 times as much, went from 250 coins to 1 silver for the same 250 honor. Aka 1000 coins

This is one of the affected toons btw, may as well post on it. Other is Psystorm-Wild Growth. Both are 50, both followed every single word of the instructions in the original bluepost at the top of this thread. The fact that blizzard omitted a crucial component (which, again, is also not stated anywhere in game) is something Blizzard should be working to resolve for those of us affected by the oversight within this bluepost.