Bloodsail RP Server

I’m hoping when all the dust settles from launch we can get a new RP server. I understand that with the queues tons of people with no interest in following the ToS migrated to Bloodsail because of the lower population.

However what started day one as mainly people with lore appropriate names and guild names has turned into just another server. Like I said under the circumstances this is just one of those things.

Once all the dust settles and there are no longer queues I am hoping Blizz can do something for those people that really want to play on a real RP server. Either enforce the ToS, create a new realm and remove the RP tag from BSB, or if they do free transfers encourage people on BSB who play like they are on a normal server to actually transfer to a normal server.

Low priority I know, but this is something I would really like to see. Other than that, having an awesome time in classic. Good job Blizz. Hope all game devs are paying attention to this. This type of game play made the MMO genre great, old school is the best school in this type of game.

9 Likes

I’m with you. While I haven’t encountered any trolls yet, I have met a lot of people who don’t care about RP at all and only there to avoid queues. I sincerely hope they’re able to find the home they’re looking for elsewhere. I’m all for people who aren’t RPers or who never have but are curious rolling RP because they legitimately want to be there. Those folks often contribute a lot to the server and help create a positive community. The people who don’t really care about RP at all, being a part of the server community, and only come for reasons like low queues tend to get disruptive as time goes by. Here’s to hoping we’re able to avoid that and everyone’s able to build a home on the server that’s right for them.

2 Likes

I am one of those :slight_smile:
I did D&D (all of TSRs games, plus things like Villains & Vigilantes and Car Wars) way back when it was first getting popular. I am just not very good at it even though I enjoy seeing it. I will always role RP when and if I can, they usually have the best communities, the nicest players and the least amount of jerks.

The only issue I have ever had was with people RPing who are kind of intolerant of people who don’t get it. My son is autistic. We tried Moon Guard. He went to an RP event but couldn’t understand OOC some people were kinda rude to him. I get it that they didn’t know his issues but it was an entire night of me trying to explain it till I finally gave up. My son refused to ever play on the server again, despite the fact he LOVED the actual event.

We are trying Bloodsail and hopefully we can avoid this again (or if it does happen hopefully I will be on and can /whisper whats up)

1 Like

I think a lot of people rolled on BB just because of queues.

1 Like

I want to play on Grobbulus, but until the queues die down, I’ve been playing Alliance on Deviate Delight. I’ve seen a LOT of inappropriate names, so I’ve been reporting all of the ones I see.

3 Likes

BB is already a low population, even with the immigrants from high pop servers. The last thing we want is to fragment this already small community. If anything, perhaps the RP community will grow on these new players!

4 Likes

I can’t access Bnet right now, but if you’d take my name down and message me in game I’d love to talk. I’ve got your back.

1 Like

I am travelling for work shizz all this week (I know, it sucks but no q’s when I get back on Sat hopefully) and I am super eager to get into BB’s community. Never played a RP server before but am excited to try it out. The discord is pretty awesome.

I played D&D and all sorts of TTRPG pre-internet and my group was not huge into RP (spoke of our PC’s in 3rd person) it’s an element I loved back in Vanilla and sorely miss in Retail. Can’t wait to explore, take my time, meet some people, and enjoy the ride.

I think there are more of us nerds headed to BB eventually.

Posts like this and many others, plus the Discord are testament to how important community is on BB. Kudos to all, that’s why I am eager to join up and contribute how I can.

1 Like

All the RP servers are gonna take a hit for a while until the other servers have less queues. Ride it out and it’ll get better. Keep policing your server the best you can. Make it frustrating for people who have no interest in RP and can’t follow the rules and they will either leave or adapt to the rules.

3 Likes

We may be a small pop server compared to the behemoths, but we’ve still got a lot of people. I, too, hope our RP community will grow and the server personality will remain positive, but I’ve also been on too many RP servers that have “fallen victim” to dilution and increasing trolling as time went by.

A smaller, more concentrated, population of RPers and RP-respectful non-RPers does more to promote cohesion and community involvement than taking anyone just for the sake of having numbers.

The deciding factor is desire. If someone truly wants to be there, RPer or not, they have reason to see the community thrive. Those who are there just because don’t have that incentive and are the most likely ones to cause problems. I’m not usually one to want to exclude people, but this is an entirely new situation and I’m honestly concerned for the long-term integrity of the server. It’s been my experience on multiple RP servers that as more “random” people join the more the RP community is forced underground, resulting in more closed-group and diminishing open-world/community RP/events.

I truly hope that all people who want to be on BB stay and participate in the community and those who are only here for low queues are able to find an option elsewhere that fits their needs and wants.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure on Moon Guard it’s the same thing, given the “Full” realm listing. It’s not as bad as BB, but still.

I haven’t let that bother me though. I still have fun running around yelling “Priest/Paladin/Warrior” etc and giving them conjured food & drink. I’ve gotten a few non-RP names to thank/talk to me me in a more RP way than before. It’s a blast.

Don’t let the names ruin it for you, I mean it’s all in your head anyway.

I’d rather not see the RPing community split any more than necessary.

Given the turnout on the BB Discord pre-Launch, there’s a huge crowd of eager RPers on the Realm, and while it does stink that Queue concerns brought a good amount of non-Rpers to BB - we can hope they’ll wind up at least being the ‘I don’t RP but I like being around it’ variety.

1 Like

I don’t know, i’m a non - rpver on an RPserver have been on an RPserver since 2006. I respect those RPing I just don’t RP myself. I do find that RPservers attract a more mature and respectful crowd, which is the reason I roll on those.

2 Likes

I put a toon on Bloodsail for the RP, left when the chat started going south, then pretty much went to hell, people that didn’t want to or care about the servers intended purpose intentionally screwed it up for those of us that did.

And for the record, I still have my AD&D 1st and 2nd edition DM guide’s as well as all my dice!

1 Like

How will it get better? Not like they can/will transfer off BB.

and on a side note CAAAAALLLLLLED IIIITTTTTTT

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/dont-roll-grobbulus-if-you-arent-going-to-rp/249071/880?u=gwynplaine-wyrmrest-accord

I truly hope that after a few weeks the RP community will become the dominant presence on the realm and that it will blacklist any players who are not friendly to the spirit of roleplay. Also, shouldn’t RP server rules be enforcible like back in the day? Shouldn’t guilds and players with questionable names be forced to change them through GM involvement?

A lot of the non-RPers just want to play right now and they don’t care where. They aren’t interested in being part of the community, they just don’t want to be in queue anymore. They’d rather be on a PvE/PvP server and noticeably so.

Half of the names I’ve reported would get reported even on a PvP server. They don’t care, so they make stupid or obscene names because they’re not planning on keeping them.

Once you get out of the starter zone areas, the number of then drop off noticeably. They’re staying in those zones or going to cities and spamming trade chat.

Maybe some of them will stay and go for 60 because they’re already there, but I think the vast majority won’t level past 10 and will go to the servers they were planning on going to once things calm way down or the layering is improved.

Arr mateys… I have MRP installed!

Is it required to talk like a pirate on Bloodsail? Every day can be pirate day! I’m kidding of course. Seriously though I saw a lot of folks last night looking to roleplay which is awesome. People wanting to roleplay on a RP server! What a strange world…of warcraft this is!