Play on an RP realm to avoid streamers

Tagatojin – say it again!!!

“As long as you are respectful of RP and it’s ruleset, you aren’t forced to do it but if you grief others you’re going to have a bad time.”

1 Like

I was on Ravenholdt back in 2007 and never experienced toxic players. I was never an RPer. There was the usual trade chat banter and RP was generally kept within guilds and the occasional dungeon group. People were quite friendly and willing to help out whenever possible.

Faction rivalry was fierce and Hillsbrad was a warzone. I do remember there being one supreme jackass rogue that’d camp Menethil, and that’d frequently snowball into an all-out genocide.

It was a great server. There were always the oddballs that took things a little too seriously, but you’d just play along and know you made their day. Maybe someone from Ravenholdt around that time remembers, but there was even this one paladin who would hold a legit chapel in the Stormwind cathedral every Sunday morning. It’d be packed. It’d last for something like half an hour. It was equal parts immersive, bizarre, and hilarious.

2 Likes

It sounds pretty good. I’ve heard more Good than bad. And I would go to service on Sunday mornings if they hold it on the server :grin:

Edit: I’ve heard more good than bad, not the other way around.

1 Like

But…but…i dont wanna rp, you ppl walk everywhere. I could watch LotR in the time it takes to walk to a raid.

Ignore people who just want to grand stand and look important with ignorant remarks.

Your thoughts are valid, and mostly true for sure. Most streamers who mean anything will be on pvp realms, as they’ve all confirmed it as such on their streams. Anyone else who streams and plays on RP realms just don’t really matter.

You can still flag yourself for pvp and have fun, even in open world. And there is a fun factor waiting to see if the orc following you will finally open on you haha. Lots of fun to be had also like watching a duel of some elite kid, and after it’s over killing him cause he’ll be flagged cause he’s so cool. And when he dies vanish away and watch him hard rage.

RP realm will be the best.

Emerald Dream is toxic and they are hitting Grob hard. Venture Co was mildly toxic…can’t speak for the other RP-PvP servers but they are pretty dead.

I expect a fairly high level of toxicity on Grob as some non-RP zerg guild dregs are expected to play there.

1 Like

All it takes to RP is a little creativity. Maybe you’re a lackey that has to run everywhere to keep from getting canned. Maybe you’re a messenger, or a mercenary with a deadline. You can fit your playstyle to your character.

Heavily disagree, if you roll on an RP server, you should RP. You should not abuse the server rules - that just makes you a griefer. Basic RP is not a large investment. Pick a name that fits with the lore. Come up with a simple one paragraph backstory. Make some /say macros with hello/goodbye/I need healing.

Basically, I think people see RP is this hardcore thing. It’s not. Just be your character. Use /say and talk as though you are Gerg, son of Derg, mystic and slayer of the Alliance. Just give it a try and soon you’ll want to RP.

1 Like

That doesn’t mean “better”, as that is purely subjective. What you think is better, I may not.

Thats the point of my statement.

I don’t RP, but don’t go ruining people’s RP servers because you want to avoid a streamer who will probably move onto some other game a few months down the road.

3 Likes

I plan on rolling on Bloodsail Buccaneers cause I’m mostly into PvE and I’m hoping the player count won’t be too astronomical so that resources don’t get horribly camped. I played Vanilla, BC, and Wrath on Cenarion Circle (which was RP) and had MORE than enough PvP experiences including world PvP. That said, a friend is joining me and if there is a friendly guild with mature but fun folks going to set up shop on BB give me a shout :slight_smile:

1 Like

If one enjoys “anal [item name here]” and political crap being spammed in trade all day then I concede that normal servers may be better for them.

Going to play on RP server like i did in vanilla. I am not an RPer but respectful of it. I am looking forward to finding a raiding guild at some point but want to take the leveling to 60 slow :slight_smile:

Maybe I’ve been away from the game and Trade chat for a long time but that kinda chat was definitely on WrA before I left. I’d generally move Trade chat to it’s own window so I wouldn’t see it often but it was definitely there.

I am going on record here…

FIx that MOG! its a embarrassment to the MOG empress!

Oh sure some of us are wise to your I wanna be solid green ways, please do not notice my boots… Did you think I have forgotten? DO you think you will be forgiven?

I played on Emerald Dream for a while… I still have PTSD from the experience…

I want you to know, people like you are the reason I have yet to step foot in RPing yet.

You have been rude and hostile for this entire thread. Heck, at one point you made a post and begged others to mass report someone that was upsetting you. Wow.

You are not a nice person from what I have seen.

Sometimes you have to make sacrifices when you go green.

The snow caps in Dun Morogh are melting. We all need to do our part.

Could be a horde vs alliance thing, too, maybe. I haven’t had an active Alliance character since Cata.

It can’t have been anything like what I see playing on Magtheridon, though.

You are exactly what kills RP servers you selfish word-I’ll-get-banned-for.

If you’re not going to RP gtfo. Coming “for the community” is what kills the community off.
You think you’re the only one with this idea?
It happens every damn time! The server quickly fills with people like you and the RPers are driven back into guilds.

I made this image a long time ago and it hasn’t become an iota less relevant: `https://i.imgur.com/uY0kyO5.png

1 Like

Some of the most fun i have ever had in wpvp has been on rp realms. I one time ran across about 30-40 horde sitting outside of a cave in darkshore pre-bfa and was wondering why in the hell they were trying to get into the cave. So I flew in (human) and found myself in the middle of about 35 dwarves from clan battlehammer all talking in dialect. So of course I helped my tiny dwarf friends. rp-wpvp is the best.

1 Like