Can RP servers be saved this time?

I love the idea of an Undead guild, and will be creating one on the RP PVP server, an off-shoot cult. Would love to have you guys, or mingle!

An undead guild…“Bones for Hire”. Undead rogues roaming the world leaving corpses of Alliance in their wake.

1 Like

It would be nice if there were an RP guild or server that didn’t need to RP as their characters but simply pretend it was still 2004. I brought this up in the /r/classicwow subreddit and got mixed responses. I think it’s different and exciting. But whatever…

Best thing I can think of is the RP community sponsoring server-wide events that allow people new to RP a chance to experience it. I’m sure its been done in the past, but consistent community RP events could go a long way.

I’ve always felt the hardest thing about RP is actually learning how its done and finding other people that enjoy it.

I roleplay like I’m in one of the new Jumanji movies.

That is really the only way to get an RP server. The RP community all decide “we’re going to this one”, like they did in FFXIV.
The RP server tag is just a bullseye for selfish buttholes.
Ironically the people that were clamouring for an official RP server have all but guaranteed there won’t be a real RP server.

Well, I’ll definitely live on Bloodsail, and I’ll practice my own brand of RP - that is, living in the world exactly as if I was … well … living in the world.

Mal has never been political, barely knows any palace intrigue beyond knowing a bit about Varian and spending a little time with Anduin (through quests).

Mostly she concentrates on her life, her professions and her friends. Just like any real person does.

2 Likes

I highly doubt it. I played on an RP in TBC (transfer from PvE to play with some coworkers) and I saw next to zero RP.

This is a fresh start, and it is up to us as a community to continue our desire for Roleplay and shape the server community as a whole.

There won’t be CRZ to muddle it down, so the reputations are tied to the names of the characters. People will quickly know who is who, and who does what.

I am seeing a lot of people extremely passionate about Roleplay and the hype is real. Every voice counts, so if you are worried RP will diminish, be one of those who help nurture that Roleplaying community. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are tons of players on pvp servers that don’t actively participate in the pvp scene so your point of adhering just because the abbreviation is in the server name is moot.

It’s an option, not mandatory.

Very few people rp’d on my server in vanilla. The name rules were enforced though. I saw someone on the stress test yesterday named alexstrazsa. I hate that. I don’t understand why people can’t have some originality to their names. When bc came out 300 had just come out in theaters. Every variation of leonidas was running around the belf starting area. All the variations of illidan in legion.

I Rp the same way. Unfortunately, I’m always talking to myself or my pets. Currently looking for an rp guild, though.

1 Like

Form RP groups and play together. Reach out and try to engage other players to join in RP. Don’t harass people or complain about people who aren’t roleplaying.

It takes effort to build a community, and this is where it usually falls apart. You can’t just slap a label on something and expect it to be that label. Players have to cultivate the environment they want.

Even on retail right now there are RP groups alive and well.

2 Likes

Feel free to look me up. I’ll be Malaw on Bloodsail.

2 Likes

It’ll be the same as Vanilla…Can’t wait to come in and kill alliance scum and ruin there events!

B-But… what about: LOVERS?!

Have ye forgot about anon25736332 so fast?! D:

1 Like

If a player isn’t disrupting RP events, and doesn’t have a ridiculous toon name, there’s nothing that can or should be done against them.

As long as those people respect the RP where it happens, you’re being a bit of a rude one to deny them access. RP by dedicated RPers will never fill a server. Will never pad out the raid groups of a server, or provide sufficient world PVP.

All the things RPers want to have, need those people who will respect their RP even if they don’t participate.

Mal stopped having lovers when she found her paladin - which has been 30 years ago in RP time.

Of course, the new Mal will be starting over again at age … mm … probably around 18. I might start her as late as 29, she always liked being 29. Of course, she was constantly worried about whether she still looked good in black mageweave, and had to be constantly assured by her wife that she still looked fabulous. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The lifeblood of RP is new voices and new stories. You only get those by introducing new people to the play style, and maybe letting them see it happen.

Encourage those standing by to find their voice, and you might find a good addition to the community.