Blood Elf Death Knights - Red Eyes?

Dont have a side. Just letting you know you a clown.

3 Likes

Keep adding on that evidence that these forums are a cesspool.

You people really need to grow up and stop attacking Kelliste for having a different opinion then yours. Just because you post something that YOU want does not mean that everyone should get in line and support it. Grow up. Kelliste obviously supports the lore and I respect her opinion. I myself have multiple characters my Rogue has red eyes my DK Blue/white, my warlock purple. I am fine with that. I believe we should keep with the lore or the game will become a joke. If they come out with a lore reason to support DK having red eyes then cool.

1 Like

Hi Kelliste. You still need to shut up.

5 Likes

we attack you for your awful personality and attitude. No other reason. Your bad opinions are just a side note. Nice alt btw.

5 Likes

We need the eyes and skin, I see no reason why I can’t use a customization I’ve unlocked because loldk

Didnt read anything past this drivel because you are mad you arent getting your way.

You are part of the worst people on these forums, grow up.

No one cares

From my perspective, everyone arguing over it for this long (540+ messages on this topic!) with pretty much everyone and their mothers slinging insults and being rude, it makes the entire topic feel… bad. Very bad. So what if there’s a lore reason to not have multiple eye colors for DKs? Blizzard has retconned plenty of lore before. But so what if they decide not to? It will hurt cosmetically, but the game will still be very much playable even if you’re stuck with blue eyes.

Both sides are valid, but this fighting is pointless because unless Blizzard gets off their butt and tells us directly what they want to do with DK eyes, we have no idea what will happen in the future. My guess is, like the Warlock “temporarily” using a Mage animation, it’ll be left unfinished because they’ve decided “Hey, we’re getting money even with this flaw because the game runs! Lets ignore it and focus on more new things to sell!”

Unless we somehow get an expansion that goes back to old places like Ebon Hold, I doubt they will EVER touch those places. And if they’re not updating those places, what’s the point of updating the characters, major or minor, to be lore accurate? From a business perspective, not much. Certainly nowhere near as much as having all hands on deck to improve the current expansion so people actually come back and play, or working on the next expansion so people buy it and sub for a singular month before leaving again.

But these are just my thoughts, and considering I’m just a filthy casual, you can probably take this all with a grain of salt or three.

They already did. They are blue because of domination magic. Thats why bolvar turned blue when fighting Sylv. Its also why he turned back to red orange when the helm was removed.

We were to be the Lich Kings commanders on the battlefield and as such would need the magic to control the army like him. Thus the blue eyes. What are they going to do? Retcon a retcon almost within the same expansion?

1 Like

I kinda like Kelliste’s stance on this, I think it’s easy for some of you to dismiss this claim because it’s something you like and want-- i’m presuming what Kelliste’s intentions are that things, lore / narratively need to have a reason to occur.

If you paid attention to the argument, which you probably didn’t because it’s 500 pages long. I pointed out multiple times that there is no lore reason as to why death knights must have blue eyes.

I debunked the ‘because of domination magic used by the jailer’ multiple times.

This is what Kelliste does. She continues to argue despite not having anything to stand on so she can cry wolf when other people come in and look at the massive mess she’s made by trolling and think she’s being reasonable.

She’s been basically blacklisted by the DK forums and for good reason. Nobody takes what they say seriously.

2 Likes

Blizzard also said that things have to make sense (at least to them) for customization. The hierarchy is gameplay>lore>customization. Gameplay is most important, customization is the least important.

There are many people that want the lore to matter, its part of the MMORPG, the RPG part. Bad writing and constant retconning your story has irreparable consequences for many where they just quit because the lore is a jumbled mess. Like in this expansion, is there any real reason to be invested in the primalists? No. Raz didnt last long enough to like or hate them. Its like they read the Bad Robot playbook and they are terrible writers.

Red eyes, green eyes, purple eyes do not make sense and ruins the lore they just “completed” in SL. A lot dont even understand Dark Ranger is a ranger, or that Darkfallen just means undead elf of any kind and red eyes arent a requirement for an elf to be Darkfallen.

Let’s see dk’s red eyes when dh’s fel holes can be pink. For real, that’s effect of the magic used to reanimate the death knights, it isn’t a thing to relate to ice and stuff, you can compare the hues of blue if you want. There’s nothing stopping the lore to develop and give you a pallete to choose from, but till then, smoking blue eyes are there because that’s the concept the art team decided to go with. And c’mon, guys, those eyes rock very hard and you know it. Just embrace our weird undeath and let’s spread some disease

1 Like

Okay. Tell us the specific difference in the magic being used that causes the difference in eye color compared to other reanimation’s.

I muted him years ago

I return, beaten and cowed from my 2 day ban, henceforth swearing to be on my most bestest behaviour.

Because you didn’t read it last time, I have pruned the toxicity for your viewing pleasure:

I completely understand it. I even offered a lore friendly solution in my original post! It could be the mechanic: you go to some mage NPC in game and they cast a glamour to change your eye colour - similar to how you used to change your gargoyle/valkyrie.

You ARE correct though, I don’t care about it that much: it’s a purely cosmetic change and doesn’t affect me in any way, shape or form. BUT… it would make people happy and we need more of that these days.

If I could answer that, you’d have a real life scourge around

Now, now. Let’s not be tight lipped.

You’re not gonna steal my apocalyptic event. The helm looks a bit weird but that sword’s mine