Blood Elf Customization Thread (Glory of the Sin'dorei)

Hopefully that will change over time.

Maybe if Blizzard puts some effort into customizations for Blood elves for once.

Glad to have your support!

1 Like

Anyways, looking at the Night Elf Heritage Armor, it looks good, and it looks the same as it was in the WoW Cinematic. Now I’m very curious on why the Blood Elves didn’t get the heritage armor to look like what it was in the TBC Cinematic?

3 Likes

I think the blood elf heritage was a bit of a double edged blade. While it was nice to be the first it also suffers from being the first.

Over the years it seems like the sets and quests have really grown and got fleshed out.

Personally I wouldn’t have chosen what we got but there isn’t anything we can do about it now.

6 Likes

Male Nelves had concept art (pre-dating WoW) wearing the vanilla cinematic armor. While no equivalent of the TBC cinematic armor exists for male Belves.

So they went with something inspired by the armor set worn by Spellbreakers, a Belf hero unit from Wc3. Which is more gender agnostic.

It is around 4 and ½ year old at this point. Weird how long it has taken to get these done.

But yeah, the Belf set does look quite a bit basic compared to some of the newer heritage armors.

1 Like

Not a hero unit. It was just a unit.

1 Like

You are right. The Blood Mage was the Belf hero unit. Not sure how i mixed them up.

we need more sexy armor for belves. elves are suppose to be beautiful elegant and proud, also posture options be nice like the orcs have. also we need more overly plated armor that is specifically custom for the belves figure.

The Blood Elf heritage set would have definitely benefited from at least a couple more color variations to represent other aspects of Sin’dorei society, such as these;

10 Likes

there should be a more plated big version of that IMO as an option.

2 Likes

I think it would be really cool to have a blood mage set with the assets they use now.

3 Likes

I think Blizzard should work on more heritage armor also to be based on the armor type, imo. With the current Heritage Armor, it seems more suited for plate with a mixture of cloth, which, is cool and all, but doesn’t make sense on every class.

1 Like

Hoping we get some more color variations now that other races are getting their armors and in multiple colors.

Or maybe 2 other armor variants – since our heritage armor feels very paladin. Getting armor more Farstrider and Magister would be cool.

3 Likes

I liked the Paladin set recolor for blood knights more than our heritage :sob:

I like the blue gems placed on the set maybe a nod to their high elf heritage and also I just don’t like the robe pants … and then for some reason the non robe version to me looks worse than the robe pants idk it’s just me to each their own ofc I know a lot of ppl like the heritage set

2 Likes

well with lorthemar being married thalysra both of them the rulers of their respective elves. there should be some other nightborne blood elf couples and even showing some of their culture combining.

3 Likes

more long hair options and makeup and eyes and eye color should be their own options as well.

3 Likes

For me the problem with the Blood Elf heritage armor isn’t the pants… it’s the “boots” or the flat textured socks Blizzard considers “boots” that they keep using for sets with robes instead of footwear with actual geometry.

Personally I feel the heritage boots should have matched the gloves and looked something like this:

(forgive the shoddy photoshop)

3 Likes

The boots are a major issue I think.

I like Somands version.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/972020667228778516/972021300358942720/BelfHeritageColoursCoat.jpg

7 Likes

I guess the boots yeah but also I don’t like the crop of the shirt on the neck I can almost overlook it w the robe pants bcz the robe pants are so ugly to me that I ignore the smaller issue to me I guess if that makes sense but then it becomes more glaring when the pants are fine.

1 Like

100% this right here along with different color variations. While they have done it for the newer ones they are adding, I hope they go back and do it for the races that got theirs earlier on and only got one. There have been some great examples in this thread on how they could do it. It would also be nice to see a version of the sets that make sense for the armor style (cloth, leather, mail and plate)

1 Like

hisssss metal nikes nuuuuuuuu

{most of my characters go barefoot for a reason XD}