Blood Elf Celebration Thread

I’m pretty bummed about hearing that blue eyes aren’t an option for Blood Elves.

4 Likes

Me too. I’m still not giving up yet though. Ion contradicted past comments so I need more information before I stop asking.

2 Likes

Exactly.

Yeah. It’s odd that years ago they said we’d eventually have the blue back and then to say it makes no sense? I hope they explain one way or the other in some more detail so we can see why blue makes no sense.

Blizzard is probably unlikely to add those tones since they said void elves are changed the way they are for gameplay reasons.

Also from a lore perspective the void elves are trying to relearn the ritual that changed them to redo it. If they do then it’d be the same Void Elves that those wayfarers get turned into.

Would like to see some more variation in the skin tones eventually though.

Me as well. I had a character setup to use those eyes specifically… Now I can’t make him. Very sad.

Yeah I’m not gonna stop asking either. Been waiting years for blue eyes for this toon. Was happy to finally get his eyes back.

1 Like

that same ritual that nearly killed them

Yes.

One would assume they can end it half way through just as before.

Or do it in a less damaging way.

While this is a good idea. Honestly i feel like Alliance should have High Elves in a core race slot to match their importance to the Alliance. In fact i think High Elves for the Alliance and Ogres for the Horde would be a perfect match for new core races.

But if they don’t want to go that route i would certainly love it if they married Vareesa and her faction with Alleria and her faction and gave Void Elves the options of the High Elf visuals and of course those Blue Eyes with the white sclera would be amazing.

I would desire this long before I’d desire…

…This.

High Elves and Void Elves are not the same thing. They should be left separate in my opinion.

Getting back to the focus of the thread though.

I really hope we get to see the tattoos for Farstriders added in the build when they add most of the new customizations.

It’s taking entirely too long waiting to see what Blood Elves are getting. :pouting_cat:

2 Likes

I agree! I am entirely too excited to see it all.

1 Like

I cant wait to see what they do to Blood Elves!!!

1 Like

I’m hoping they give us something great, although I’m honestly not expecting anything.

2 Likes

not expecting much either, little extra design is fine with me, only care about few classes, rest idc about. People have their taste on classes =P

It is a little disheartening to hear that Blue eyes don’t make sense.

Makes me wonder what else of the ideas circulating around that players want to see on our Blood Elves “doesn’t make sense” anymore.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they cheated us out of cool stuff, seems that Blood elves have been left out before.
As one of their most popular played races it’s a little surprising how well we roll with the punches.

1 Like

It feels like Blood Elves are the only ones in the game that aren’t allowed access to what the npc’s have. I personally think the whole we evolved past blue eyes is a bunch of bs. What is the Sunwell now a combination of Holy and Fel? As long as the Sunwell is half Arcane I think we should have access to blue eyes.

5 Likes

This would be pretty awesome as I’ve stated before… though I’m a bit worried after seeing the jewelry and other options that it won’t be the case. Here’s hoping, I’ve mostly enjoyed what we’ve seen so far!

I need these and the tauren customization already. Need some new awesome options there!

edit

BEARDS! https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/1263596167406870529

3 Likes

But how do we know they’re not for npcs only? After seeing the blue eyes on blood elf models in the datamining then being told they’re for npcs only, how do we know any of the options are for players?
I’m so confused.

I imagine most folk are going off two things.

1 Ion said blue eyes didn’t make sense and then we suddenly see multiple new colors including the blue.

and 2 they’re missing the half blind option for those eyes.

I’m not going to say I’m swayed but I’m going to wait till blizz actually says yes or no, or it shows up on the alpha in character creation, before I get toooooo excited.

I’m already too excited.

Well that’s certainly interesting! New beards + we get blue eyes!

4 Likes

Hopefully undead BE customization on the way as well! I think that’s fitting anyways to add that too. Congrats to the BE fans that wanted blue eyes!

4 Likes