Blood Elf Celebration Thread

Can’t really cherry pick on this

Ion:
"Blood Elves are basically High Elves. Slightly different eye color and backstory, but if you want to be a light skinned elf, that is basically a Blood Elf. Giving that to the Alliance would blur the line between factions.

There aren’t a ton of High Elves out there in WoW.

If you are Alliance and want to be an elf, the Horde is there for you."

And we’re just gunna keep celebrating all of our races!

4 Likes

If only. So far it doesn’t look promising. Hope I’m wrong.

3 Likes

What are you going on about?

There are a few other peeps I’ve seen…(maybe it’s just you on 2 other forums? :scream_cat:) spouting this same fanatical notion that Blood Elves were stolen from the Alliance. I’m sorry but it’s just so extreme it’s really funny! :joy_cat:

2 Likes

Actual trash. I thought this was about blood elves customization. Or is there no distinction between the two so they always have to be brought up in the same place? rhetorical

For customization I want new face models and 3D assets like the new humans. Glad they said CC updates will be ongoing.

This quote from devs states the green tint of Blood Elf eyes will eventually go back to whatever they had before being exposed to fel. The devs need to be consistent with this. It contradicts Ion’s latest comments. But maybe Ion just wasn’t elaborating what he meant. It needs more clarification.
#BlueEyesForBloodElves

“Ultimately, it is a matter of time before the fel-power induced green glint reverts back to the blood elves’ regular high elven eyes. This process, however, may take a fairly long time.”
How did the blood elven fel eye glint become so widespread? The Warcraft Encyclopedia suggests that Rommath only taught the blood elves of Azeroth about how to siphon arcane magic, as most of the populace would likely be “horrified” if they knew the true extent of Kael’s dealings with Illidan.

The situation regarding blood elf eyes is, in fact, extremely similar to that of the green skin of orcs: just being around heavy use of fel magic turned the eyes of the blood elves green. You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel’Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green. Like the orcs’ skin color, such an effect would take a very long time to wear off. Fel magic works a bit like radiation in this sense; it permeates the area and seeps into anything in the vicinity. Anything near a source of fel magic shows signs of slight corruption, it just so happens that high elves and orcs manifest it in a very visual way.

1 Like

What they’re doing with humans and giving them really new faces is what every race needs, more variety.

1 Like

New faces and hair styles to go with it. Farstrider Tatts, new awesome beards for the guys like Lor’themar!

Can’t believe it’ll just be a few skin colors and a few pieces of jewelry so I’m eagerly excited for the next build to actually show more.

5 Likes

All of this.

I think they will definitely show more in the coming months as alpha moves along into beta.

We all need to remember this is very early stuff.

1 Like

I think hairstyles are a given, so I’m excited about what we will see, but indeed beards are my number one wish for BE’s! Also I kinda want more jewelry/metal accessories on men, like the NB chin-guards or some chains.

1 Like

There is more potential comedic value when you call out stuff early though.

For example, the blue eyed customization.

What a legendary meme.

Oh for sure.

Yes! A few nice actual beards rather than the little soul patches we can have now would be more than welcome.

Nothing wrong with being excited for something you’ve long awaited for your characters. I say call out what you want to see. No shame in it.

I do hope Blizzard reconsiders. We’ve been waiting a long time for our blue eyes to be returned. Its been 8 years and not all of us draw upon holy energies. Its time we got our blue eyes back.

3 Likes

I mean.

You can call out anything you want.

It just adds to how incredibly hilarious the outcome is when you suddenly find out that maybe actually being reasonable might be the better solution than holding onto a sliver of hope.

lol

Way too late for that. It’s shameful how both sides are. This thread is proof. Celebrating the new options is one thing, gloating and continually talking poorly about the opposition (especially without their presence here) is another. I love the new customizations but people’s reactions in this thread have left a bad taste in my mouth.

1 Like

Why is it unreasonable to be excited about blue eyes for Blood Elves?

I agree with this. There is no reason to be negative to others. Both sides should be allowed to enjoy what they have, and to ask for what they’re looking for.

Lets hope everyone can be reasonable with one another in the future.

1 Like

Exactly. The vitriol only hurts their causes.

2 Likes

Agreed. Especially since it’s not the players who make the decisions. We only get to ask what we would like.

3 Likes

void elves should get high elf skin tone and blue eyes with blue tatoos

2 Likes

:hugs:

Definitely. It’s worth it to get more clarification at the very least. I’m still going to ask unless we get a better understand of what Ion meant.

2 Likes

If it’s true that they won’t ever consider giving Blood Elves blue eyes, Void elves are even less likely to look more like Blood/High elves.

2 Likes

but there are high elves learning the ways of the void in telgrus rift, so the new batch of void elves in training will retain their high elf looks, the first batch of void elves were part of an experiment gone wrong so that change them a lot but the new void elves in training can’t undergo the same ritual and if you go to telgrus rift you will see high elves there attempting to learn and their skin color has not changed