Blizzard/WoW Should Embrace Streamers Rather Than Punish Them

dont even bother, these people are insufferable.

you offered a perfectly reasonable solution that would satisfy every one of their qualms, they just ignore it.

So basically the gold boosters can get off without anything but streamers that help people aren’t allowed makes so much logic. People were right the devs are going to be the end to blizzard

Neither one is allowed. I repeat, neither one is allowed. RMT Boosters get banned too. They just don’t come here to talk about it.

If you want to advocate for Blizzard to create a place for streamers to post their channels, great, but it won’t be GD or in-game. I think at least one of the Blizz games used to have a “community creations” forum for people to post their streams, art, etc. Maybe that would work for you.

While I dislike “content creators” in general, I fully support your idea to make a separate listing for streamers in the groups tab. I hate having to slog through what are essentially advertisements when I’m looking for groups to join. And yes, when you are “promoting” your stream in the LFG tab, that is advertising.

Giving a separate interface for streamers would be a-okay in my book. Seems like a win/win for everyone.

Is there someone we can talk to about having new council members that actually care about the community.

I do care about the community, esp people who don’t want to see a bunch of advertisements - which is why they report them.

There are other council members who do stream. However, one posted that here and the forums tore them to shreds for advertising/promoting their stream and socials.

People have different opinions and not everyone is going to agree with yours. Those opinions have the same right to be represented as well.

1 Like

Than make a way for streamers to stream in a different lfg channel because all we have gotten from you is alot of nothing that helps the community other than we ban streams now. other than oh lets find a way to help the community thrive instead you are trying to kill off the game.

Since you seem to know the rules let me ask u this. A friend of mine is a smaller streamer, 100-200 viewers, he does community aotc runs. He invites people based on merit, he tries to get as many people who have H Jailer experience but not killed and a ton of friends who will help carry. Our community.loves helping people, it’s free, doesn’t require a follow or even a watch.

Now there’s my question. His ingame, name, community name, twitch name and discord link are all the same. So when he says, Xyz community aotc in his title/description and says his streaming the kill (so people know they will be recorded) but doesn’t mention twitch anywhere. I don’t see how he violated any rules yet he’s gotten his in ban waves in the past. I’m curious why?

I would still like to talk to someone where we can get a new community council if you would like to help me get in contact with someone that can do that would be great

I would suggest the Customer Support forum.

It means players reported it and the GMs felt it was advertising an outside website, even if he did not use “twitch” explicitly, I would guess.

I can’t see anything about anyone’s accounts though so can’t say for sure. Your friend could post on the CS forum if they wanted clarification on that.

There have been issues with it in the past - like Friendship Moose runs, where they were free but the person kept getting reported and actioned for advertising/spam.

If you wish to provide feedback to the CM on the Council you can make a thread about it I suppose. There is no means to privately contact them.

Beware that “call out” threads about individuals are also not allowed on the forums.

Feel free to say you object to a Council member who supports the rules against website advertising in game, which includes Twitch streams.

CS has nothing to do with the Community Council.

and there goes all your logic. it seems that blizzard has this lead on the player base where even if you help it they will still ban or suspend you

Yes, but my thought was that the CS people may at least point that poster in the right direction instead of them passively aggressively attacking a current council member because they don’t like what they have to say. Regardless of the fact that you are 100% correct and are just pointing out current policies.

Like that person legit reminded me of a belligerent customer asking to speak to someone’s manager.

2 Likes

Yet we’re allowed to stream supposedly. You do realize even with no one promoting their stream, if people catch on to who they are as a streamer and report them out of spite (which according to most of the folks on this thread they would do as they seem to detest streamers), that youre telling everyone to not stream now? That is a can of worms that perhaps you all didnt think about and in turn will force people to step away from the communities theyve built with the posiitve streamers and enter a world where toxicity is king due to a report feature that is abused on a whim and people refusing to use the Ignore feature of old and, instead, just spam reporting

1 Like

Not sure what the issue is. If you’re streaming viewer carries/runs, why would you just not have people in your stream submit their name/realm and you can add them that way?

If you’re trying to get more people to come to your stream through the use of LFG, then I think it’s pretty cut and dry what you’re trying to do. Making it optional or not isn’t good enough.

4 Likes

I am not telling anyone not to stream nor is Blizzard. Blizzard has a long history of working with streamers.

What nobody can do, is advertise and promote their websites, streams, socials, etc in-game. If Blizzard wants to promote a stream, they will do it themselves usually in the News articles, posts, or on the launcher. Those would be streamers who Blizzard feels comfortable promoting via Blizzard’s platforms.

People should not have to ignore those who break the game rules. Period. Don’t break the game rules.

Well, yes, and it would be kind of interesting to see if CS has any thoughts on that. heh They can’t actually help though, other than to clarify the rules that we can’t promote and advertise websites in game.

2 Likes

Exactly how much time have you spent watching streamers?

People are allowed to stream. What people aren’t allowed to do is advertise in the LFG (that they’ve made pretty clear by this point) that is not to be used for advertising. Posting your stream information is 100% advertising it regardless of what you personally think about it.

I like the idea that the OP floated regarding a separate area for streamers. Let’s hope that Blizzard is paying attention to this thread.

Then stream WOW, don’t advertise. You have twitter, facebook and youtube to promote yourself.

WOW is big game, people will find you.

1 Like

I can 100% agree with that but just straight up banning streamers without even trying to talk to them about these ideas is actually crazy. Instead of just ban the streamers talk to them about ways to resolve this.