Blizzard/WoW Should Embrace Streamers Rather Than Punish Them

They are not going to make streamers excempt from the rules and “chat with them”.

You are going to have to follow the rules as they currently stand. If you want to provide feedback there are two ways:

• The in-game feedback tool
  • The forums - which is what this thread is doing

Just understand when things are posted on the forums, people can all give their opinion - and that will include people who don’t want to see stream adverts and promotions in game.

2 Likes

Granted I only pvp, but honestly seeing a small streamer forming an RBG is seriously NOT a big deal. I’d rather that than most the fail no comm yolos or p2w carry services. This is a bad move by blizzard.

2 Likes

100% agree in my opinion the streamers are what is keeping the pvp community alive and enjoyable

1 Like

I got into rated pvp because I found communities via small streams. IF it weren’t for them I’d of left all together.

2 Likes

So I’m my eyes and I’m sure in the eyes of many others twitch is extremely beneficial for blizzard if it wasn’t for twitch or heck even Facebook gaming I think wow would be dead and left In the dust to BR

2 Likes

100% agree
It seems like blizzard doesn’t realize what the streamers do for the game.

1 Like

Our pvp guild has 888 peeps on Bonechewer. I don’t know anyone who don’t support the good streamers. The streamers enhance and broaden the PVP community. They are good for the game and Blizz’s profits, imo.

1 Like

I really do think that streamers and their fanboys have contributed to the deterioration of mmo communities and gaming in general.

2 Likes

Considering that streamers get priority accesss to the servers during heaving traffic time this complaint is absurd. Tell you what blizzard can give you the ability to advertise in game and in turn I and millions of nother normal players don’t have to be stuck at connecting to server screens on launch days or new content release days while you streamers mysteriously have no login problems at all.

I have heard some games do this, but that is not true for WoW. There is no way to grant someone access over another - other than the Alpha and Beta invites.

We all have the same login access, even streamers.

From what I can tell most streamers just queue up early in hopes to get in - and of course they tend to stay online for long periods of time once they get there.

There is also no way in WoW to grant different loot tables. We all roll against the same RNG boss.

1 Like

Ew, get a real job.

But seriously, stream a game more conducive to streaming. Who wants to watch somebody fart around in WoW?

Considering theres an entire subsection of just WoW streams, thousands of people.

You saying “Nobody wants someone banned for streaming” is your personal opinion. and a very flawed one at that if you read 1/4th of the comments on this post. People are literally saying they want streamers banned. and is advertising discord for voice chat against the rules?

2 Likes

I will repeat what I said. Nobody wants someone banned for streaming on Twitch.

They want them follow the rules and not advertise/promote in game or on the forums.

I am sure you know the difference between the two.

No, putting a link to discord, vent, mumble, or something is not against the rules for group coordination. Try that instead of your stream if you need to coordinate and can’t do it from your actual stream with your actual viewers.

Thinking about all this, I have some questions to ask Blizz next week. Esp about guild tags being used for promotion/advertising.

4 Likes

considering that they’re even playing nice with Asmongold, i’d say that Blizzard isnt against streamers.

1 Like

I am a streamer myself. However, I realize that putting my name in group finder is an advertisement, as your name is how to identify you (and therefore your stream) which is, in turn, advertising. Simply use a different group name for your viewers to find you that is not your name. Your viewers will know whose group it is because they are watching you. As a streamer, your name is your advertisement and brand.

1 Like

This is it. “I’’m helping the community get Heroic kills” is just a ruse to use LFG to get more views.

1 Like

I also think it’s worth pointing out that the overwhelming majority of streamers make pennies per hour…if that, even.

2 Likes

There is no way for someone to queue up early

During the shadowlands launch my guildies and I were literally sitting in Org waiting for the xpac to launch when we were all kicked out of game at the drop time. trying to get back in took hours and even then there were extreme playability issues.

Meanwhile browsing twitch you had streamers accessing the new xpac with no problems. I’m sure that was just a coincidence right?

Yes, it was. I’m not a streamer, and had no problems getting into SL when in launched. So did many other people.

3 Likes