Blizzard's president called out Asmongold

People don’t understand one persons utopia is another persons dystopia.

2 Likes

So much this. Imagine releasing classic wow as an entirely new game in 2023. People would think it was made by 3 devs in a week as a university project to show they could write code and do basic networking. No one would take it seriously.

The rise of classic in 2004 was due to a host of external factors not directly related to the game itself. The main one of which was how terrible its competitors were for casual players and the fact that the mmo market was basically non-existent in the mainstream. That and the RTS playerbase.

2 Likes

If they put mythic plus dungeons in classic wow i would never log into my retail account again :joy:

2 Likes

What a horrible thing to equate someone to because you don’t like their political hot takes and ranting lol

4 Likes

This is where the bulk of the casual WoW player base is at these days. I’ve read rumors that the current developers that work on retail are completely annoyed at the popularity of Classic WoW.

2 Likes

He’s not wrong, though. Asmon just laid dead on the floor while his group killed stuff for him in recent years.

3 Likes

i heard a rumor that says the person who told you said rumor is a liar.

I never said it was difficult. I said it was very time consuming therefore it wasn’t casual.

“Casual” type players by today’s standards were the players who never hit 60 in Vanilla

I didn’t say he was a terrorist. I said borderline. If you rant about the downfall of Western society because you think that’s the only way to stop corporations from being bad apples well… it is what it is.

I mean OBL played Final Fantasy 7, just because someone is a gamer and has a charming personality doesn’t mean they can’t be awful or hold awful opinions.

He got boosted to glad almost every season*

1 Like

I don’t think so mate, I play Classic and there are ton of new WoW players playing the game.

You retail bros just can’t get out of your echo chamber, sadly. The mental gymnastics I see people go through to discredit critical posts is just crazy at times.

2 Likes

I used to do Nyalotha boosts with some of the Indestructible guys and I remember asking them how long after their first kill they carried Asmon to CE.

It was like 3 weeks later haha.

Mind-melting amounts of copium good lord.

Classic Andys literally live in a 17 year old echo chamber lmao

2 Likes

Ah yes. The classic LFR strategy. I always knew Asmon was an LFR hero like me!

Unless you lived it, its hard for people today to understand how different games were then. Even if you played the old games, it was drastically different if you were a teen playing them vs being an adult back then.

I remember when the 20 somethings at work I was playing SWG with decided to move on, they all went to EQ2 because WoW was gonna be for kiddies

3 Likes

Yeah, I actually sold some keys with somebody in the guild and he’d groan when my tank asked him about that. :dracthyr_crylaugh:

We have seen multiple attempts to rekindle the feeling of Vanilla. Wildstar springs to mind. All have failed.

I guess some of us (basement dweller here) cared that the game basically had content removed and being sold back to us, was being on the “wrong side”.

There’s no way you can look at Blizzard, and support their sleazy actions as the “right side” lol.

I cannot be convinced, I am 100% sure the Nether-Gorged Greatwyrm was going to be the Blood Elven heritage mount (the colors even match) but then it was relegated to a 6-month sub fee mount.

That’s basically the side you have chosen.

Reminder that WoW also grew huge BEFORE the addition of an in-game store. Loads of players (like myself) are against it until the end of time.

I’ll still play WoW, but I actively AVOID giving them more money when I can.

2 Likes

Although i am not clued up on classic (i played classic in 2005 when it was current) i spent much of my time collecting herbs and doing alch for raids because otherwise it was too expensive, if i wanted to raid i needed my flasks, i am not sure if wow classic is still like that?

I installed classic a couple of weeks prior to hardcore release and was gobsmacked at how many players were in stormwind :joy: i thought it would be dead because most would be playing wrath :open_mouth:

this wouldn’t surprise me actually, i am sure they put a huge amount of work into retail and think to themselves “why do they want classic” as i said i love mythic plus, i do not go above 20s but its part of the game i enjoy the most, if i could do mythic plus in classic i would flip in a heartbeat, i don’t enjoy raids anymore all this over complex BS now a days… and the casual aspect is dead in my opinion

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s a relatively open secret (and has been for a long time now) that a lot of the people that raided in Indestructible when they were still CE-level didn’t have many nice things to say about Asmongold.

Especially the people that had to deal with him having a mental breakdown on Botanist back in Nighthold.

1 Like

And that’s fine. You are allowed to be wrong, legally speaking. No one is going to arrest you for being incorrect.

:man_shrugging: