Blizzard's president called out Asmongold

When asmongold started playing classic wow they were sending him all their gold in the mail and trading him everything, the guy is a leech and he was given big blizzard bear on stream as well as spectral tiger mount for FREE hes a streamer he gets carried with everything, he gets people to go into old dungeons and if mounts drop they have to give them to him, cant stand the guy

4 Likes

I think people are getting too hung up on Asmongold’s character here. The point is, the president of the studio made a crappy comment about a player that was voicing criticism, they should have kept their pie hole shut.

Mike’s comment just proves where the current focus is for the company.

14 Likes

As soon as someone says common sense is the wrong side of an argument, it’s pretty obvious they don’t actual care about right and wrong.

2 Likes

Asmongold called WoW’s devs incompetent. But as soon as someone at Blizzard claps back at him, Asmongold becomes a martyr.

Make it make sense.

4 Likes

It doesn’t. Asmon made a dumb comment on Mythic raids and Qwik slapped him down hard. That’s it. That’s all that happened.

Wow it’s almost like the devs are expected to remain professional and not act childish when challenged about something. If you can’t answer rationally, than what you’re doing isn’t rational.

8 Likes

Oh no you are 100% correct i agree with you totally and i do not think that the president of a company should go into streams and make jokes about players, despite my feelings for asmongold its wrong and unacceptable, like asmongold or not he brings and has over many years brought much exposure to wow even if he is a leech is still doesn’t make mikes comments right.

2 Likes

Its competitors were not terrible - EQ was actually considered a massive success

Classic is still a great game because it focuses on what made MMORPGs - the world and the fact that classes and races were a major part of the game. People do like to roleplay, even if its just head cannon

IMHO where WoW went wrong is the E-Sport mentality of later players that liked the idea of dungeons / raids as competitions and “bring the player not the class” with generic healer 1, 2, or 3 with quick heal, slow heal and big heal with just a different animation

A dwarf is not just a drunken small human. A gnome isnt just a techy small human. These things used to be the soul of MMORPGs. There also was a time before the holy trinity. People had pullers, crowd controllers, buffers in addition to tanks, off tanks, healers off healers, etc

8 Likes

The whole “one of us” schtick was always manufactured. I am surprised most people didn’t see through that drek immediately, considering what was going on at the time of his hiring.

2 Likes

I just wish I could get paid to word salad as much as these folks. I mean, I could probably possibly compete on onlyfans - but I just wanna word salad without having to be all saucy about it.

I feel a sick burn is plenty professional when they could have just cut all communication off from him and demanded other creators do the same.

Then hold Asmon to that standard too.

Yeah, and so, Asmongold is a player and a consumer like the rest of us. I run a business and I would have never even bothered to address a customer like this.

People are getting too hung up on Asmon’s character here, and missing the bigger issue here.

Exactly!!! These are the people developing the game these days.

7 Likes

That’s the devs’ fault for being so sensitive, not him

4 Likes

EQ is an awful game by modern standards you are not helping your point at all.

I know the clip going around doesn’t capture it, but right before Qwik commented, Asmon literally got done saying that he believed that the Devs were all wildly incompetent, stupid, lazy, and only doing busy work to justify their jobs.

Honestly good on the President of a company to stick up for his employees this way (despite him not doing so in other ways.)

Asmon is a public figure, and talking trash about people whose livelihood is making the game that is the reason he has a career is so disgusting.

You should. Stick up for your employees my guy. The customer isn’t always right, frankly, they are usually wrong

6 Likes

Which is what?

Still going on for almost 25 years. Not many other games still alive that long

Gameplay isnt based on how flashy it looks

3 Likes

That’s not how it works in the real world. Is a customer yells at a grocery store employee the employee isn’t expected to yell back like a toddler. If someone getting payed Blizz president money can’t act like an adult to criticism then I’d recommend he not work for a public company that engages with the average joe.

3 Likes

Retail WoW has tried to become too many things to too many different people and as a result became too bloated, overly complicated and just meh… people go to classic because what you see is what you get.

WoW is a fantastic game its just not clear what it wants to be anymore.

5 Likes