Blizzard's president called out Asmongold

This is a perfect example of how out of touch the makers of the game are compared to the actual player base of MMOs.

WoW was always a casual MMO, I donโ€™t get this push to cater the game around pro streamers and hardcore players. How are they making money off this audience?

Edit: Thank you Mod for restoring my post. :slight_smile: Cheers to you!!!

Edit 2: Asmongoldโ€™s rebuttle

152 Likes

Asmon is probably a better player than most here, and I hate defending him. Iโ€™m sure he can definitely do Mythic raiding especially deep in a season after all the nerfs for godโ€™s sake.

Hell you can still run Mythic DoI and do hard mode and get 447 right? Pfft ez first few mythic bosses in abberus.

Edit: Also I agree that there are just a ton of little buffs and things to keep track of on the buff bar/debuff bar. You have to have all kinds of crud to keep track of this stuff.

42 Likes

Dude has been playing WoW longer than some people have been alive. As an old school WoW vet, I think he has a good idea of what is wrong with the game.

Of course he can, he hit glad almost every season, which is a lot harder than Mythic raiding.

95 Likes

Vanilla required quite a massive time investment, especially if you wanted to get full tier from raiding and even more so if you wanted hand of rag or thunderfury or rank 14. There was nothing โ€œcasualโ€ about it lol

28 Likes

This is hilarious, even as someone who watches Asmon occasionally, Mike isnโ€™t totally wrong, he doesnโ€™t play the game, and when he did there was no shot he wasnโ€™t being carried by viewers.

59 Likes

Iโ€™ve been playing since 2004 so Iโ€™m in the same boat but I didnโ€™t get /spit taken out of the game. Iโ€™ll never have any respect for that guy.

69 Likes

I think heโ€™s a joke and not even a funny one. :person_facepalming: :rofl:

58 Likes

He was also being carried by other people before he even came into his own

IE Pvpgrl,Sharm ectera just to name a couple that carried him before he became a thing.

40 Likes

Itโ€™s true, but I also felt you were working towards an overall goal too. Retail feels like a loot piรฑata where maybe youโ€™ll get BIS in your M+ slot as opposed to you building up to something.

The game does feel like a job, and at times a very unpleasant one. I still enjoy it for a variety of reasons but the points made in the video arenโ€™t incorrect, at least a healthy amount of them.

16 Likes

asmongold is literally pseudo intellectual

grifter

i used to watch him all the time when he reacted to a bunch of stuff without giving takes

says a word salad and chat eats it up

42 Likes

Theyโ€™re both putzesโ€ฆ

15 Likes

idk, i got banned from Qwikโ€™s discord server for discussing pvp issues in the pvp channel, didnโ€™t leave me with a good lasting impression.

34 Likes

Legit, it really doesnโ€™t matter that Asmongold is involved. The issue is Qwik made fun of people who donโ€™t do Heroic and Mythic.

48 Likes

The fact that you look up to Asmongoldโ€ฆ ick.

36 Likes

to be fair idt qwik oversees discord

some mod probably banned you

1 Like

I think anyone remotely interested in this has too much time on their hands. Of course I responded to the thread , but freely admit I have too much time on my hands.

19 Likes

still Qwikโ€™s mod, responsibility ultimately lies with him

8 Likes

This and this are a mood, for real, for real. :100: :100: :100:

10 Likes

i didnt get that from his statement at all and im as casual as can be.

hes just referring to asmongoloid bc asmongoloid thinks he knows the game when its been 6 years since he actually did that content.

12 Likes

Time required has nothing to do with difficulty.

17 Likes