Blizzard's president called out Asmongold

I am having a ball in Classic Era, so, for now at least, it’s a great fit.

1 Like

Actually hang on. It didn’t start out this way? Are we sure about that? Was MC gear any good in TBC? I think the only difference between 2004 and now is that some of the earlier gear could kind of be somewhat useful in later tiers. But mostly not.

Whereas now, its much more obvious how useless older tier gear is.

1 Like

I mean its not even much of a fight as much as Qwik poking fun at Asmongold (which is an eternally fair thing to do regardless of whether one likes either which one of 'em) in a quick Twitch comment

So in this case I wouldn’t worry about any Twitter fights, even if I will say I prefer your gifs as opposed to folks arguing on Twitter admittedly

But by and large this is a non-thing that happened

Something really important to remember is that there is nothing Blizzard could do to WoW that would make Asmon or his audience happy. It’s not really the game they are mad at, it’s the fact that they miss the era in their life when WoW was an important part of it. As their lives have progressed they long for the feeling of being 18 again, I mean, Classic WoW is something Asmon was a very active proponent of, and he’s not even playing it. So what makes anyone think that doing a “reset” or, “reducing complexity” or “banning addons” would actually make him or anyone in his audience actually happy?

5 Likes

Classic /= retail. We are talking about retail. Classic is basically a completely different game at this point. May as well call it Hello Kitty Island Adventure lol.

So when Asmongold calls the WoW devs incompetent he’s hailed as a based and redpilled genius who’s speaking the truth, but as soon as someone at Blizzard claps back and criticizes his skill they’re the bad guy?

Make it make sense, people.

7 Likes

That’s for sure!

1 Like

Holy Jesus, I thought you were a nut case before, this is exactly something a edgy teenager would say about someone. He’s a streamer man, take a few days off the internet and touch some grass.

6 Likes

You’re misrepresenting things here. We all know that Vanilla WoW didn’t play anything like the game plays today. Gear resets have always been part of the game, but the resets are way more frequent, and players are showered in gear now.

4 Likes

No I’m not. I explicitly stated that:

So I already mentioned the difference of nuance you describe.

1 Like

I do not like Asmongold at all, I am just going to preface this post with that. He gets everything given to him by his audience and does not know the meaning of hard work in this game.

That being said: The game is not made for the general audience that was always loyal to the WoW franchise, the game is now built around world first raiders and 0.01% of the mythic plus player base.

The game is not built for me and you anymore, its built for:

“Race to world first”
“Mythic plus tournaments”

PVP is now ignored, they have given up on that because they cannot control it like they can raid/dungeon bosses.

Zero effort put into creating meaningful casual content.

This is the reason that classic servers are doing so well, even vanilla classic servers have and are doing well (unsure about wrath but i assume it is?)

This focus on high end players is alienating the majority of the player base.

I do not like asmon but i do agree with some points i shamefully have to admit that :joy: :angry:

Blizzard staff should do their jobs not mouth off on twitter and also i will say begrudgingly asmongold is one of if not (?) the largest WoW streamers, he should remember that. Focus on the game not twitter we do not want your opinions mr president!

PS i do not play classic wow its boring without mythic plus but i do log into my level 1 now and again to see how things are going and have a look on the auction house, it shocked me how busy it was!

13 Likes

He’s literally said he is. He believes “there is no ethical consumption under capitalism”.

He being Talie, in case you crossed some wires and jumped into this discussion without reading the comment this responds to.

This is a dumb deflection here. Old games were good and they’re still fun to play. I play a ton of old games, not for nostalgia, because they are good games.

I get so tired of this stupid line of reasoning, it is just an excuse to invalidate people’s very valid criticism of modern WoW.

The old game designers were very good at what they did, and their skill set is sorely missed in modern gaming.

8 Likes

Meanwhile Asmongold is somewhere watching his clicks per million go up and getting that sweet sweet cash.

4 Likes

Old games could be good. Vanilla WoW wasn’t - not really. WoW didn’t really become a complete game until BC - Vanilla WoW was basically a beta for BC.

1 Like

That doesn’t really make him special, many of us have been playing the game as long as he has.

No I can quite literally say that if you take someone’s opinion and try to shove it into this crazy ideology that you’re nutcase. Person to person, not WoW forums dude to WoW forums dude, please, seek mental help.

2 Likes

You know as well as I did that a major factor in Classic WoW’s success is it’s nostalgia factor. If Classic WoW came out as a new game now, it would be dead and buried.

4 Likes

ugh. that mentality makes me roll my eyes. I’m so tired of the capitalism bad discourse that is really people just complaining that the world isn’t 100% perfect and it has to be someones fault.

3 Likes

This is what these posters do that defend the game. They drag their politics into the discussion so they can get the threads deleted. I know this sounds like a conspiracy, but go look through a lot of the high post count posters that defend the game like crazy on here.

2 Likes