Blizzard's president called out Asmongold

I’m sure its not everyone, but definitely some people. I’ve also seen some shocking comments accusing Talieson (spelling?) of being a sociopath or something? Very strange. Dude just wears a tie and gets REALLY excited about new patches! :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Was he saying they don’t matter period or they don’t matter in the context of critiquing heroic and mythic content? The latter would be understandable, I don’t know what dispute people are referring to so idk.

He built his entire business around 1 game. It is kind of sad watching him shill for an MMO that is completely out of touch with many MMO gamers.

4 Likes

Well just the fact these people are so dedicated to hating them is worrying. I mean I don’t even watch asmongold because I know his takes are either hilariously bad or crazy accurate. Some people say they hate him but will spend hours of their day obsessively pouring their feelings out about him.

1 Like

The reason for that is blizzard wants people to buy carries aka wow tokens. So wow will remain elitist garbage because it is profitable that way.

15 Likes

Ybarra does actually play this game.

3 Likes

It is kinda weird when you think about it. People bash him for being a bully or toxic… but those same people bash and belittle him whenever he’s brought up, they’re usually no better. This board is pretty toxic and not just towards him, but in general.

9 Likes

The problem is that alot of people think the very concept of people being better than them at a game is inherently bad and they should have their feedback taken as seriously as people who analyze this stuff on a high level.

The same attitude that makes people deny things like covid or climate change and all those silly doctors with those fake degrees, decades of experience, and $30 haircuts shouldnt lecture them.

2 Likes

Fair enough.

1 Like

I see what you are saying, and the context does change things somewhat, so thank you for clarifying, but I still find it a touch concerning.

I mean, sometimes people who don’t like an activity are exactly the people you should be asking for opinions on how to make said activity more appealing. You know, old fashioned marketing surverys that always used to ask, “What would convince you to finally buy this product or try this service?”

3 Likes

Mike Ybizzy is kind of based tbh. I wish he had a more active role in managing these games, but I don’t really feel the “Ybizziness” coming from a top down level, at least yet.

1 Like

the saddest part is i cant deny that being a possability. this is the plague unleashed by the implementation of wow tokens real money transactions.

12 Likes

There is a small, vocal minority here that dominates a lot of the discussions. It seems like this crew just has a lot of time on their hands, and they don’t like people saying anything negative about the game.

6 Likes

I was looking for another gif to post in here but I found this one and omg it’s super cute.

Anyway, oh boy X (Twitter?) fights… glad I stay mostly away from there lol

8 Likes

Exactly, like I said earlier

People see asmongold, get upset that he’s able to create his own echo chamber whereas they have to cry to papa Blizz to help them do that. Than instead of realizing they’re just like
Him they decided they will actually harass him and people who watch him. While saying the people who disagree are the ones actually “harassing people” even though they do a terrible job at it.

4 Likes

WoW’s original launch dominated the MMORPG market by being the most casual friendly. This is readily observed when comparing it to another giant at the time, Everquest.

31 Likes

If the earlier description is true, I don’t think “go in and delete half the mechanics lol” is one of those times though. That’s an unserious argument.

5 Likes

If he isn’t even playing Heroic, I don’t think we should be taking his advice on Mythic. And if he plays Normal, which is already “Mythic but half the mechanics are gone” and he doesn’t enjoy that, why do we think that suddenly it would be worth it to strip that stuff out of Mythic? Kill Mythic on the off-chance that somehow it maybe might make Asmon a bit happier, when he already barely plays? I think not.

Like I agree with the sentiment that “sometimes the people who aren’t playing have the most valuable impact” but he’s like three steps removed from even touching Mythic content. Normal is already massively dumbed down and he barely enjoys that - I think he just doesn’t enjoy raiding for raidings sake. He probably just wants the best loot (and I think he’s said that before), and it isn’t worth the loss in subs from gutting the rewards of Heroic/Mythic just so he can have the best rewards from easy content.

Although if you ask me I wouldn’t object to stripping the ilvl out of Mythic and capping patch ilvls at heroic ilvl. Going all the way down to normal is probably a no-no though.

3 Likes

Since your wording seems to doubt.

This was what the clip in OP is reacting to.

2 Likes