Blizzard's president called out Asmongold

It’s a bit interesting, I’d have to watch the whole video maybe to get better context what they are speaking about. I think I’ll do that and come back on this.

3 Likes

The point of a streamer/content creator is to incite emotion and have people want to watch. Not making sure everything is super consistent.

That’s how shows get viewers which = money.

The same thing happens in all kinds of shows and podcasts and streamers it’s not even some WoW thing.

3 Likes

LOL@ Blizzard acting like they actually play this game.

This game is far from being too hard, its just needlessly convoluted for the sake of being convoluted.

24 Likes

WoW just isn’t relevant to the overall discussion of gaming anymore.

It’s mostly people who have tried it, and are gone. It’s ancient, over-designed, and everyone knows it.

I’m also a bit tired that only people that play M+ or Mythic/Heroic raiding are the only ones actually playing the game.

I did that stuff years ago, stopped sometime during Cata/MoP because my friends were no longer around, and switched gears into casual gaming, collections, and PvP.

Just because I’m not a PvE hero doesn’t make me any less of a WoW player- I’m still caught up on the lore and everything.

Heck, most hardcore WoW fans I know are in Classic, not retail. They are WoW players/fans too.

Who gets to decide? Lol.

28 Likes

He didn’t get /spit removed. Blizzard did both by introducing such greedy cash grabs on a platform the majority said NOCHANGES for. Anyone who bought into it rewarded that greed and the worse they got were some mean emotes thrown at them.

Then Blizzard removed /spit and /fart because the only one’s who suffered were those giving them extra money.

19 Likes

It’s not about easier or harder. It’s about wanting to return to Vanilla WoW - raids were easy but annoying to do and kept “normal people” out. He hates “normies” and thinks they’re corrupting his video game and he wants to kick them out.

He wants a raid he can spend hundreds of hours in but that isn’t actually that tough because he isn’t that good anymore (he tried at one point in MoP).

5 Likes

I’m not sure I agree that self-contradiction is the best way to keep a very specific demographic of fans.

1 Like

Sigh, you live in a bubble dude. He always refers to his Mom, which he says was your typical WoW player, and he is kind of right. She quit the game because it just got too hard for her.

All my real life friends that played WoW say the same thing. The game just fundamentally changed in Cata and has only gotten more sweaty.

29 Likes

Yup. People were doing this to whales or people who bought all the shop stuff.

Mainly because it was looked down upon, by old school players who didn’t like the shop, by those using the emotes. I certainly would use them, lol. I miss them, frankly.

Blizzard removed the emotes to allow this practice to continue, and protect their whales.

13 Likes

But I thought people are saying the president made fun of him and others like him for not doing heroic/mythic content? I am so confused, lol.

3 Likes

This is survivorship bias here. It makes sense that the people left playing the game are going to want competitive content, the casual player base has been driven out of the game.

This same thing happened to Wildstar.

23 Likes

Yup it was more of a safe space for the whales than the “no bullying” bs people say about it now. If an emote pops someone bubble then it’s pretty obvious those people just want something to be upset about. I’d go as far as saying they enjoy being upset at everything. It’s like chronic complainers.

4 Likes

This is what most M+/Mythic raiders that only play the game in a competitive way don’t get.

Wow was never meant to be a hardcore MMO, this is why it attracted so many players. The more they leaned into creating content for hardcore players, the worse off the game has gotten.

The very existence of these difficulties in the game has a trickle-down effect on the entire community and game.

The hardcore types, always just say, well you can just ignore these difficulty levels, but these players set the tone for the entire game.

WoW has slowly moved away from a virtual fantasy world, to an online lobby game pretty much that has the hardcore competitive types as the main focus of the development resources for the game.

29 Likes

asmongold didn’t make the game and he doesn’t play it. not sure how this is relevant?

6 Likes

yeah president is outta touch.
asmon might be a grimlin gamer yet i still think without doubt heroic and mythic are unfun.

i used to be a heroic and mythic raider… after bfa i looked at raiding with sharp disgust. each raid tier now has a boss that the raid leader audibly asks " does anyone need this boss ? " so we could skip the head ache.

what worse is raiding is 1 of the 3 pillars of this game. other two being mythic + and pvp yet all three of those are soured at this point. needs more casual experince.

11 Likes

Blizzard’s president called out Asmongold

6 Likes

You just said what I said but back to me.

:thinking:

“Bubble? No u bubble! Bubble u!”

:rofl:

“Living in a bubble” thing refers to surrounding himself, like a bubble, with people who agree with his takes and tolerate or even like him. I’m not a streamer, what bubble do I live in? Lol.

Good… good. Let his empire of dirt crash and burn around him.

2 Likes

Um, he does play it. He just took a break a few months into DF. Plus, dude has been playing WoW since TBC pretty steadily.

Edit: Here comes the usual Blizzard apologists now to defend the honor of Blizzard.

You guys won’t truly understand what is happening until it is too late. It has taken several expansions of this design to play out, but the game is bleeding players like crazy, because Blizzard is just too focused on the wrong demographics.

9 Likes

Im of the opinion the whole debacle was kinda silly in that i dont really think the emote had to be removed but posts like yours have this mentality of blaming others for people being jerks to them. Believe it or not, wanting to be a jerk isnt a get out of jail free card for said actions.

5 Likes