*Please Delete This Thread*

Corruption resistance isn’t going to matter much anyways, let them have a catch up mechanic. Good luck keeping up with people in full 475 socketed gear. A player with rank 26 of a specific stat corruption and 10 sockets will have 105% more of 500 stat boost, which adds up to a total of 1025 more raw stats. And grinding out that many mementos to caught up on corruption, at 4 vision clears a week, with a socket needing 6 runs or so, will mean they need 15 weeks minimum to get caught up on sockets. People are just bad at math.

100%. Let people have fun basically.

3 Likes

Yea why even take away the reputation buff the later it gets in the expansion and the closer the next one is released. It should be the opposite. There should be more fun so people can enjoy the things they haven’t experienced yet before the next expansion release.

1 Like

Well sockets is another time gate that should be addressed this far into the expansion as well. Unfortunately, all those posts that was gaining traction have been buried with redundant ones as well.

This also affects returning players like me.

I have enough coalescing visions for 15 more runs yet can’t run them for more than 1 core per week.

I’m not asking for a “carry” or an easy win, I’m asking to be allowed to play the game and do the visions to gain cores without the timegate.

It’s extremely disheartening to come back, be all excited to level up, grind out the azerite, get flight, discover new things in game… then to realise that no matter what I do I will always be behind those with higher corruption so most group content will always remain out of reach?

Corruptions are (overly) powerful and therefore needed to be a viable group member. After all, why would groups take people that will have lower dps / healing?

I don’t want corruptions handed to me. I don’t want to have cores handed to me. What I want is to be able to better my character so I can play at the best level I can by doing the same content as everyone else!

Having a time wall stopping returning / new players and alts so that “mains that have been playing the entire time” are better and will remain so no matter how hard we grind… why? Where is the logic to timegating us?

This is a game, and was my favourite… but it really has become VERY unfriendly, and therefore not fun at all for returning / new players and alts!

TLDR:
Sometimes people have to take time from WoW for RL reasons. Penalising us when we return and offering no realistic way to catch up is not the way to keep customers happy! Nor is it good business sense that nearing the end of an expansion, when subscriptions often decline, to make playing alts unviable.

Why not let us grind out cores without the timegate if that’s what we want to do??

Why make us question our decision to return to WoW or play alts?

1 Like

Great response, and valid points!

1 Like

+1 to this.

1 Like

Is there anything that should distinguish a main from an alt or are we aiming for log in, chose a new character, play at max level?

Another reason for all these time-gating is to get people to keep running on the wheel (which there should be a reasonable amount of, but I think BfA went too far). This is why I find the weekly corruption vendor really shady. It’s basically penalizing people for not checking in week by week, and it makes me wonder whether this is the type of game I want to support if these systems continue in Shadowlands.

3 Likes

What do you mean?
Gear??
If I swicth characters I should be able to bust my A$$ and catchup, if thats what I chose to do.

Why do you feel you should be rewarded for doing a HV once a week that is a 15 min trival content thats akin to a WQ. Award harder game play, not a 15 min causal quest a week.

Did we not just remove WF/TF as it was giving undeserved power? Yet this system does the same, on a MUCH larger scale.

1 Like

I don’t believe that is what anyone is asking for. What many, and certainly I want is the ability to grind them out without the timegating.

Besides, if someone wants to have 2 mains… 10 mains… whatever, why not let them do the work to achieve that? Nowhere is there a rule that states “only 1 main per account, the rest must remain lower to maintain alt status”.

And for new and returning players, why tell us our subscription is worth less? That we have to “wait till the next expansion to play at an equal level” despite being willing to put in the work, the timegating is blocking us for trying to be the best our characters can be?

2 Likes

and, if you only do the visions because you don’t do the raids then you will be the same gap behind every week until it hits cap. by my rough estimates, i should be caught up by some time in November.

my alts will be caught up never.

1 Like

Ya, but should there be some benefit for never missing a week. Perfect attendance and busting out the level 15 cloak from the beginning when it was harder?

I have alts, one I leveled simultaneously. Others I’ve let drop off. There all viable for endgame. I think all the content was cleared before anyone had a level 15 cloak.

It was NEVER harder lol.

You got the benefit, you played the whole time, you got your corruption raised by 3 points and see your power increase week after week. That was your reward.

Sorry your not going to defend Causal Elitism to me in anyway.

1 Like

WTH are you talking about.

The mobs and affixes have been tuned some. You need fewer runs to get pages now ( from all areas instead of two ) and the amount CV you get is almost an order of magnitude greater.

When you had a week were you needed 6 runs to get your pages you’d have save a couple a vials from the previous week and hardcore grind every day of the week to get the rest.

CV drop rates have not change just moved around, you still get 5.5 vessels per week.

The road to 15, is semi nerfed but not really. They did lower the pages 11-15, they increased them 6-11, to make people need to FC for a Rank, with a level 6 cloak which for most specs is not possible.

That Reduction was more of just a changed, it doesn’t take that much less, unless your a class that can easily FC at rank 6.

Full Clearing a vision with no masks was always easy, its easier for some classes than others sure, but its not any harder or easier than it use to be.

I think THIS is the point the Blizzard’s white knights always miss. No one wants the things for free, the people just want to play the game, as many times they can, if the people want to do Visions 5 days 12 hours a day, fine, let them do it.
Time gated content should NEVER be on this game to play the “end game”, and each expansion we have more and more.
People have different amounts of time to spend on this game, some people can play 2 hours per day, some people can play only 10 hours on the weekend.
There’s a HUGE difference between the people that can play 7 days and people that can play only 2 days. How many Coalescing Visions both will have at the end of the week? Now think about all the content that takes several months to someone that plays every day against someone that plays only weekend.
So, no matter what you white knights say, it is a bad system and no, the problem isn’t the player.

3 Likes

Vessels can also be bought from MOTHER, so that cap only exists when purchasing from coalescing visions alone.

Right BUT for new players we dont have Corruptions, we need the echos for that.

Just spreading the info.

25 Likes