Blizzard Who Hurt You? - Soar Nerf

Good to see this change .

I mean you have people justifying the nerf talking about rated bgs, raids and arenas… instanced content where soar is disabled

5 Likes

Indeed, people think we could actually fly with Soar.

Guys, YOU CAN’T fly with Soar, it’s just a very fast Glide 2.0 on a ridiculously long CD

5 Likes

Bold of you to assume I dislike streamers just because I say “Streamer man and content man”. Also you can still fly like a dragon, nothing is stopping you???

Question that I can’t seem to quickly find an answer to: is Soar usable in battlegrounds? Despite the cooldown and even with the speed nerf I can see it being a bit broken in some of those.

1 Like

No.

It can’t be used in instanced content

2 Likes

Disabled in instances.

2 Likes

You think one class should be able to move almost twice as fast as others in the open world? Dracthyr should absolutely be limited to as fast as everybody else can go in the world.

Thanks, google wasn’t being very helpful for that.

It’s a 5 min CD. Folks are going to use portals more then they are going to use Soar. Soar is just a flavor ability. It’s not efficient at all.

Druids flight form is more efficient then Soar.

Additionally, this is in Old World Azeroth. Who the hell cares?

Additional additionally, the real solution to this non-issue is to bring the functionality to folks Dragons from DI to Azeroth.

5 Likes

Yes, they can move twice as fast as other classes if they are able to get to high places and glide from max skybox height. Otherwise, they just glide for a few thousand feet and then the racial is on cd

3 Likes

Wow. Blizzard sucks.
Not that that’s news, really, but I mean really?
Really.
Sad.

But at least there’s some humor to be gained from the situation.

1 Like

Seriously this though. This is only capable when at very high peaks.

2 Likes

We will have a point of reference when we can Dragonride, since it’ll still be at 900% speed.

They tried to solve the wrong problem.

2 Likes

Fun detected, removed.

7 Likes

I’m not even angry. I’m just disappointed.

3 Likes

I can. It’s the sort of thing that modern wow does all the time, bait and switch. It’s why I didn’t and won’t prepurchase. No telling what else they’ll change with unposted nerfs when this crap goes live.

1 Like

Dude your arguments have zero merit.

Your defending your case just to be a narcissist who can’t stand the idea of being wrong.

The only sensible solution is to make soar a racial akin to running wild aka a mount and have it equal to dragon riding in speed, progression and abilities…

Just don’t enable the progression in the pre patch and prevent use while in combat or in instanced pvp…
Problem solved……

Who cares if Dracthyr get this ability prior to df launch as every other class can access it once launched and there really then isn’t any reason to allow dragon riding in the rest of Azeroth……

7 Likes

It really is my fault for expecting them to embrace a fun system they designed.

3 Likes

My disappointment is immeasurable . . . and my day is ruined.

3 Likes