Blizzard Who Hurt You? - Soar Nerf

They’re far more likely to increase the CD instead, unfortunately. It wouldn’t surprise me any if the CD gets increased to 10 minutes or even 20 or 30 minutes.

2 Likes

Why must blizzard always do things like this?

Put the speed back where it was and remove the cooldown.

14 Likes

Fake outrage… You’re still going faster then a flying mount, but your not going be as fast as a Drake mount. Besides most of us haven’t experience it besides from videos and streamers so y’all won’t notice the difference at all.

2 Likes

This is going to be another Shadowlands, isnt it?

3 Likes

It’s really not the point.

11 Likes

If youre saying Blizz has a humiliation kink id believe it.

8 Likes

fun detected. I’d love if blizzard gave every race niche efficiency racials for generic stuff.

6 Likes

Keep it nerfed only outside of the Dragon Isles, it makes no sense to gut it like this. Why ever use it now?

1 Like

How about we raise it back up, remove the cooldown, and let everyone use dragonriding wherever they want?

But instead of that lets just ruin another expac with boring features that are unfun to play and become more of a chore than a mechanic.

11 Likes

Well you’re not going to use Soar on the Dragon Isles instead of your Dragon Mount you obtain. Soar doesn’t even have Dragon Riding capabilities.

The racial is pretty gutted as is. It was just fast gliding.

7 Likes

Then what is the point? Things changes happen during Alpha, this is just fake outrage from people who haven’t experience it yet and won’t notice the slightest difference because they have no reference aside from streamer man or content creator…

this… is the silliest thing i’ve ever heard.

‘can’t let the characters who start 10 levels from max go fast in the old world! they might collect old transmogs too fast!’

seriously though, how is this considered too strong? it’s not like it’s a pvp ability or something, it’s just for getting around fast.

17 Likes

I honestly disagree. equality is the antithesis of MMO design.

That they’re actively pushing against embracing the fun of Soar and Dragonriding. Instead of just letting folks go ham in old Azeroth content, they’re pushing back against it.

7 Likes

And only in old content that Dracthyr are 40 levels above as soon as theyre created. There was literally no reason for this change other than to make yet another fun mechanic into a chore.

6 Likes

Well, this at least comforts me that ground-pounding will be viable in Dragonflight. So good for that!

How are they against dragonriding when it’s speed haven’t changed? You’re still going ham at 600%+ flying speed with soar. Again you won’t notice the difference unless you are on the Alpha build today.

You turn like a cruise ship now

2 Likes

This, no CD is needed

15 Likes

Nothing beats a ground pound!