Blizzard Who Hurt You? - Soar Nerf

An excellent question.

1 Like

Just add Dragon Riding to Azeroth. It’s going to accoutwide anyways. Who cares if the Drathyr have fun in the prepatch.

Just have folks Dragons glide fast like Soar does while in Azeroth.

4 Likes

My only complaint with Soar is the cooldown. 5 is way too long. 2 seems more reasonable.

3 Likes

Yo forget that noise, it shouldn’t have a CD at all.

6 Likes

I agree with that as well, but Blizzard is unlikely to do that just yet… perhaps in the future but it’s not likely so soon.

1 Like

Seeing that their response to a heavily praised system they’re introducing was the nerf it…it’s likely to not get much.

2 Likes

It’s still early and I have some faith that they will actually listen to folks feedback in regards to Dragon flying/Soar. We’ll see but they just nerfed their own good will with me with this.

3 Likes

Always elves policing peoples fun.

Am I allowed to notice that?

2 Likes

we can only hope they listen to content creators.

Taliesin is a great blizz fan, he has stuck by them through thick and thin, if he disagrees, then something is off with the change.

1 Like

No no, you’re correct. :dracthyr_lulmao:

2 Likes

How’s that? We can get to the next batch of crickets to stomp on next? There is no one in the old world. We are splintered in different expacs and chromie time.

I agree 100% they shouldn’t nerf it. They design from design point of view, not playing point of view. They get in their own way. Make it fun and fix around it. If it gives PVP advantage, when you toggle WM, your racial shifts to the lower speed. That shouldn’t be too difficult…

Trust me. You’re not getting away with Soar vs. a regular flying mount. Dive bombing someone wouldn’t be any different then a regular mount as well.

2 Likes

Dragon flying speed needs to be unnerfed and the cooldown needs to go away. When df launches, everyone will be on a level playing field and I would like Evoker to have the option to use their form to the full unlocked dragon flying standards, even if it’s a capstone unlock for Dracthyr for maxing dragon flying.

The pre-patch only lasts a few weeks, so what is any point of listing an advantage?

A speedy Dracthyr can’t hover to gather nodes so gatherers are unaffected.

The race with one class starts at 58 so any content prior to pre/patch is irrelevant.

12 Likes

This is a fair compromise in giving Dracthyr dragonflying. I like the idea that they could give us a campaign with the dragons mentoring us.

2 Likes

Honestly, I wouldn’t want to be racing a bunch of Dracthyr characters to rare spawns in old content on my “slow” 310% speed mounts.

thats not competitive, thats optional

It’s a 5m CD and to get to high speeds you have to be at a high peak. You’re not going to use Soar to make your rounds to pick off rares.

9 Likes

As others have said, if it gave too much of an advantage in the old world compared to regular epic flight then just let everybody use dragon flying in the old world.

Or if for some weird reason they want dragon flying to remain a Dragon Isles thing(I thought we were done with expansion only mechanics, but whatever) then introduce a new tier of flight training that flies faster than the current +310%. That also can double as a minor gold sink, just don’t make it too insanely expensive.

and while on the topic I kind of want them to revisit old racials now.

The Dracthyr get all this cool stuff and my poor Draenei Shaman is sitting there with a profession bonus that is literally useless to me, 1% less shadow damage taken, a very slight agility increase, and a heal that’s only slightly more effective than if I had just cast Healing Surge on myself.

1 Like

I certainly wouldn’t, it’s very ineffective.

1 Like

It’s not efficient to use soar even for travel. Portals are still king.

Even if they removed the CD it still wouldn’t be better than regular flying.

2 Likes