Blizzard Who Hurt You? - Soar Nerf

There’s certainly no “auto-walk” with Soar, that’s for sure.

1 Like

Yep, to even get a hint of high speeds you have to be at a higher elevation.

3 Likes

You have to be far too attentive with it to even stay aloft, nobody has any idea yet until they try it for themselves just how actually difficult it can be to keep flying.

7 Likes

What rare spawns? Hunter pets? Dracthyr cant get those. World bosses? The Dracthyr cant take those from you, all you have to do is hit it. Resources? They have to land to collect the resources so Druids still have a massive advantage.

There isnt a single advantage to Dracthyr soaring over 16 year old zones.

11 Likes

Can soar be activated in the air?

I think it’s a ground activation only so you would literally need to fly to a high location, plan your route, then activate and actually utilize the mechanics to achieve any sort of speed……

Any argument about having an advantage is ludicrous, esp since it literally require active control and effort to match and outpace pressing your auto run keybind while flying traditionally

2 Likes

I’m not sure…but now I’m envisioning a Dracthyr falling and not using their wings as they fall to their death.

3 Likes

They can open their wings and glide like a dh without the double jump normally… only soar activates the momentum

1 Like

Oh thank the Light. Ty for that.

But, ma goblin gliders!

Lmao Blizzard wants people playing WoW 24/7 365. Their design philosophies are still :dog: :poop:

Here’s another decision that’ll turn people away. We’re starting off on the wrong foot and the game isn’t even out yet.

Flight speed should’ve been increased a decade ago. Why are we still capped at 310%? Remove the CD on soar and give everyone else increased flight speed to buy. It’s really simple.

6 Likes

Nope, have to trash the only fun system WoW has had in a decade even though literally nobody asked them to

9 Likes

It really doesn’t feel that much different after some light testing.

well this change has turned me off the game agian not feeling excited no more

now its just not fun to use dracthry flight at all forced to use the new dragons riding dragons… makes no sense for a class with wings imo!

9 Likes

Typical Friday nerf to be honest…

Bring it back up Monday

4 Likes

Yep, Dragonflight will just be another trash expansion because Blizzard never learns. Good luck to WoW on surviving yet another exodus.

3 Likes

yes as the the other guy mentioned earlier

the flight speed nerf for dracthry man makes no sense

You have to be far too attentive with it to even stay aloft, nobody has any idea yet until they try it for themselves just how actually difficult it can be to keep flying.

not to mention its on a 5min CD??

just makes Dracthyr flight not even worth using

it cant be activated in the air either you have to find a high point in the game to gain momentum before even thinking about using it too?

6 Likes

I had the exact same thought. Friday nerf to avoid the backlash.

They knew this nerf is going to get pushback.

1 Like

Potentially, but they’re also incapable of seeing past their own noses in most circumstances.

8 Likes

I’m confused on why dragon riding gets disabled in old worlds. Wtf is up with that? Now I understand the nerf.

If they would just let us dragon ride in the old world, no problem.

And wtf is up with a 5 minute cd??? Whyyyyyyyy. My Druid doesn’t have a cd on instant flight.

For frick sake man.

3 Likes

If you think what they did to Soar is bad, wait till you find out about Dwarves and Castle Nathria.