Blizzard Who Hurt You? - Soar Nerf

Blizz thrive on being hated

1 Like

I knew blizzard always shoots themselves in the foot before releasing a expansion. This is nerfing a problem that didn’t exist. Revert the change blizzard or lower the cool down to 2 minutes.

3 Likes

I bet they get super turned on thinking about how if this was Fallout 76 they could MONETISE the turning specilisation and the soar speed

I’d love to know in what design sprint, in what stand-up, someone said “Yeah listen this change needs to be made”.

Because it sure as hell wasn’t based around user feedback.

10 Likes

It seems they only listen to the dissenting minority

1 Like

Just lock it from usage in Battlegrounds/Arena, if thats the primary issue.

1 Like

Already disabled in instances.

It’s just open world.

5 Likes

So what was the nerf even for? Chromie Time? Ffs.

4 Likes

They gave a hogwash response that they had too much of an advantage. While ignoring the 5m CD. Ignoring that it is momentum based (requires a high peak) to even gain crazy speeds. Ignoring portals exist. Ignoring general flying mounts exist…

It goes on. The nerfs are unwarranted.

We can entertain their response, but then we have to ask, ok well what advantage do they get in outdated content?

8 Likes

“The result is that Dracthyr have a drastic efficiency advantage over characters of other races when doing non-Dragon Isles content, whether that’s Chromie Time quests, clearing old raids for transmog, pet battling, etc.”

That was the reasoning they gave.

Y e a h.

7 Likes

Thats so stupid. If you want to just make it not outright better than having epic flight – just remove the 5m cooldown. The cooldown is so dumb on top of it.

5 Likes

It’s pure hogwash.

I have a hellva advantage being a warrior for transmog. I can collect every weapon type LOL

6 Likes

They were already in line with everyone else. I have 20 portals just in my bags alone to take me across the game and im not an engineer so im missing a good chunk of the available portals. Not to mention getting any place of importance is extremely easy with just the portals in the main citys alone. If people are using Soar as their main means of getting around it’s only because of the fun aspect of it or don’t know any better. It still will fall under a less practical way of getting around even at 900% w/e speed. And it also still has a ridiculously dumb CD on it.

And any place that does not have a fast means of getting to with a portal at or close by we all just end up using a FP and tabing out anyways till we land.

8 Likes

Everything else besides the Chromie Time argument is just dumb. If they dont want people to speed through Chromie Time – just disable it during it rather than outright nerfing it.

5 Likes

You would think that would be their go to, but surprise, they went in the opposite direction.

4 Likes

No, the Chromie Time argument is still dumb.

Dracthyr already basically start at level 60, so it’s not like they get a leveling advantage.

At best, they get a handful of quest-related achievements slightly faster.

10 Likes

Classic Blizzard…I guess this terrible change was a good thing, I was starting to get on the hype train…not anymore

3 Likes

I know this isnt player power related but this kind of change reminds me SO MUCH of the arrogance and ignorance of Azerite Armor and Covenant locking and Conduit energy.

I am worried going forward, very worried.

11 Likes

I am going to guess that locking a racial out in Chromie Time is harder to do.

Then whats the point? 30% isnt horrid, but the reasoning is so dumb. If its so advantageous – then just buff flying speed to not be 2x slower.

Its just so nitpicky for no reason – whats the harm of someone doing old content faster other things?

5 Likes

Could just add a debuff purely for Dracthyr in the instance if it requires a strict workaround.

1 Like